• Giorgio Moroder returns with ‘Giorgio’s Theme’
• Ultramajic Readies New EP from Chambray
• Magda and NYMA combine forces
• Jerome LOL and Samo Sound Boy Share Video for New Track from Upcoming DJ Dodger Stadium LP
• Deep Dish do Miami
• L-Vis 1990, Lando Kal, and Matrixxman to Feature on Ultramajic‘s Second ‘Metaphysix’ EP
• Watch the video for Daniel Avery‘s ‘Drone Logic’
• First Names Announces for Kazantip 2014
After storming onto the scene with his hit release on Hot Creations three years ago, Danny Daze has been a man on a mission. Growing up in Miami and DJing raves before he had a drivers license, his 15 year love affair with electronic music is finally catapulting him to an elite level. Earlier this week, Danny’s Silicon EP dropped on Jimmy Edgar’s label Ultramajic, and it is nothing short of awesomely brash, forward thinking techno. His recent move to Berlin by way of Barcelona after a short stint with Ellum boss Maceo Plex has clearly rubbed off on Daze. Elongated sirens, manic percussion, and transposed vocals are prevalent throughout the EP, while still holding some dance floor sensibility. In conjunction with the release, he also did a mix for Mixmag, where he flawlessly journeys through 74 minutes of white-label rarities and forthcoming gold. Stream both the EP and mix below.
• Pete Tong awarded MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) in New Year Honours List
• New Catz ‘N Dogz Label to Release 12″ from A1 Bassline; Preview It Now
• Preview Danny Daze‘s EP on Ultramajic
The remix EP for My Favorite Robot‘s Atomic Age is out today exclusively on Beatport via No.19, hosting an impressive cast of remixers including Jimmy Edgar, Mr. G, Kate Simko, and False Image who have all taken a different track from MFR’s successful album to rework. Featured here today is Ultramajic boss, Jimmy Edgar‘s, take on “White Light,” where he touches up the original with a metallic, Tech House vibe that creates a nice juxtaposition between light and deep. Listen below and pick it up here.