Happy Friday! I have news featuring Ultra Music Festival’s phase 2 lineup additions, Kraftwerk, Laidback Luke, Creamfields, Deadmau5, and Sasha & Steve Lawler. Please read on after the jump.
Tag Archives: Ultra Music Festival
Good morning! It’s Friday and I have personally curated (as always) this very extensive GDD™ Morning Update as a gift to you for the weekend. Today’s news includes Deadmau5′s views on Simon Cowell’s new DJ talent show, Porter Robinson’s BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix debut, Super Bowl XLVI’s music and performers, Bassnectar, and much more. Please read on after the jump, I know you’ll enjoy it.
I was anxious to post this track for you guys because I am so glad to finally clear its rumors. The buzz after this past year’s Ultra Music Festival left many new tunes unidentified and gossiped, namely the “collab” between Afrojack & Steve Aoki in what was being deemed ‘Morfium.’ With thousands of you tube comments gasping for more information, Afrojack has released Lost & Found 2, the follow up slice of the big guys unreleased crate. The contents lies ‘Show Me Your Rage’, the true name of the track. Love this side of Afrojack because it reminds me of those dirty washing-machine speaking sounds from the Bloody Beetroots in 2008.
Grab the whole Lost & Found 2 release on Beatport
Recently receiving the #7 spot in Resident Advisor’s (truthful) Top 100 DJ Poll, Loco Dice is undisputedly one of the most successful, talented, and influential DJs in the global scene. From his unprecedented knack for A&R to his pumping DJ sets to thousands around the world, Dice garners a respect from those in and out of the industry, which is why I humbly requested to have a chat with the man to see what he’s been up to and what’s coming up for him.
Please read on after the jump to see our conversation about his label Desolat, how he likes playing in America, and what he thinks about people calling Vegas the new Ibiza, as well as find out how to receive one of the 4 pairs of tickets that we’ll be giving away to Loco Dice and Victor Calderone this Saturday, December 17th at The Music Box in Hollywood.
Due to some technical difficulties on Friday, I was unable to post the regular GDD™ Morning Update, but we’re back to give you a great start to your week. Today’s news includes The Prodigy’s new album, a new Julio Bashmore EP, a Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike tour after-movie, a Red Bull Music Academy World Tour in London video, Deadmau5′s new 4D projections event, the Resident Advisor poll, Ultra Music Festival, Occupy Musicians, and Burning Man. Read the info and watch several videos after the jump.
After a crazy weekend that was brought to an abrupt stop, we are back to reality on this first day of the week. The news for today consists of the WMC 2012 dates, a Boys Noize Q & A, an introduction of Hyundai’s REMIX LAB Series, Fred Falke’s debut album, and uncertainty with Coachella 2012. Start your week of strong with some GDD™ Morning Update knowledge and check the full stories after the jump!
Just came across this gem of a live recording from one of the most massive sets ever put down by the ‘Mafia… relive what you witnessed or just pretend you were part of the madness on March 26, 2011.
01. Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso feat. Michael Feiner – Together (The Attic Intro) w/ Bart B More, Nom de Strip & Little Bastard – Jailbait w/ Swedish House Mafia feat. Tinie Tempah – Miami 2 Ibiza (Intro)
02. Alesso – Nillionaire
03. Matt Caseli & Danny Freakazoid – Raise Your Hands
04. Angger Dimas – Are You Ready (Mahesa Utara)
05. David Tort feat. Gosha – One Look (Axwell vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike)
06. Nari & Milani – Kendo (Steve Angello)
07. Swanky Tunes vs. Deadmau5 – Together Strobe (Axwell)
08. Marco V – Reaver
09. Steve Angello & Laidback Luke vs. Axwell – Be Knas
10. Who’s Who – Yeah
11. Axwell – Heart Is King
12. Alex Metric & Steve Angello – Open Your Eyes (Tim Mason) w/ Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus (Acapella)
13. Axwell feat. Errol Reid – Nothing But Love
14. Pendulum – The Island Part 1 (Steve Angello & AN21 & Max Vangeli) [Rob Swire Live]
15. Hard Rock Sofa & St. Brothers – Blow Up (Thomas Gold & Axwell) w/ Adele – Rolling In The Deep (Acapella)
16. Arno Cost – Lise
17. Funkerman feat. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Otherside 2010
18. Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime (Axwell & Henrik B Remode)
19. Carl Louis & Martin Danielle vs. Axwell & Dirty South feat. Rudy – Open The Message (Axwell) w/ Green Velvet – Flash (Nicky Romero)
20. Tim Berg vs. Kings Of Leon – Abow vs. Sex Is On Fire (Avicii)
21. Tim Berg vs. Michael Woods – Bromance Dynamik (Axwell)
22. Tim Mason – The Moment (Steve Angello) w/ Justice vs. Simian – We Are Your Friends (Acapella)
23. Alesso – Dynamite w/ Sebastian Ingrosso feat. MGMT – Kidsos
24. Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Save The World
25. The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South)
26. Daft Punk – One More Time
27. Swedish House Mafia – One w/ Swedish House Mafia – One (Congorock) w/ Swedish House Mafia feat. Pharrell – One (Your Name) [Pharrell Live]
28. Laidback Luke & Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso & Steve Angello feat. Deborah Cox – Leave The World Behind w/ Moguai – We Want Your Soul (Sebjak) [Encore Edit]
This year during Ultra/Miami Music Week, we had so much fun in all of our experiences each day that it took us this long to gather our thoughts and reviews for what turned out to be one roller coaster of a trip. But needless to say, it was heaven on earth going back and forth from Downtown Miami to South Beach, seeing some of the best and most exclusive lineups that we’ll see all year. We’ll get down to brass tacks with what we did and the best performances we saw, our personal experiences, along with a bunch of nutty photos, videos, and finally some huge new tunes and live mixes from UMF for you kids to salivate over.
TUESDAY: GDD presents Miami Horror @ Bardot, Air London @ Electric Pickle
Bardot — Troy Kurtz & Pirate Stereo, Miami Horror
Air London — Matt Tolfrey & Maher Daniel B2B set, Kate Simko
WEDNESDAY: Beatport/Mixmag Beach Party, IVORY TOWER @ 1111 Lincoln, Ed Banger @ Bardot, (the walk from Bardot to Electric Pickle), Sound Pellegrino Showcase @ Electric Pickle
Beatport — Marco Carola, Riva Starr + BENCH hospitality
Ivory Tower – Brenmar, TEED, Beni
Bardot — Mehdi, Busy P
Sound Pelligrino — French Fries, Harvard Bass & Bart B More, Brodinski
THURSDAY: Beatport Beach Party, HARD Miami
Beatport — Dada Life, John Dahlback, Mark Knight, Fedde Le Grand
HARD — Benga, Mehdi, Diplo, Fake Blood, Tiga
FRIDAY: Ultra Music Festival (Day 1), No Sugar Added Fest
UMF — Joachim Garraud, Pendulum, Trentemøller, Martin Solveig, Loco Dice, Porter Robinson
NSA – LA Riots, Congorock, Felix Cartal, Dada Life
SATURDAY: Ultra Music Festival (Day 2), SHM’s Masquerade Motel, Trouble & Bass x Overthrow: BLACK MAGICK
UMF – Boys Noize, Underworld, Deadmau5
Black Magick — Zombies For Money, Troy + Tamara, AC Slater x Drop The Lime, Bart B More, Deathface, Brenmar
SUNDAY: Ultra Music Festival (Day 3), Hard 2 Leave @ GOLD RUSH Strip Club
UMF — Chemical Brothers, MSTRKRFT, Dada Life, 12th Planet, ATB
HARD 2 LEAVE — Craze, BONES + Troy, 12th Planet x Nero, Tamara Sky, Caligula
I HAD THE BEST TIME AT….Find out more insights on MMW + Downloadable sets from Ultra after the jump
Dirty Dancers far and wide,
It is that time of year again. Jumping the hurdle of the WMC conflict and selling out quicker than ever, the infamous Ultra Music Festival returns to Bicentennial Park in Miami, Florida – with a lineup that will have the heavens fist pumping and the devil doing that raver shuffle.
This years festival has been extended to cover a full 3 days of the best in electronic music. With the unveiling of the 2011 new site map, were hoping this year Bicentennial Park will be easier to maneuver through the masses. There is WAY TOO MUCH good music to be seen and you better be on your toes to get around and catch as much as possible. UMF boasts six stages all stacked with its own unique showcase. What are we getting into? Look below and try not to hit your little brother.
Roger Sanchez, one of the pioneers of house music, has started a new feature on his Facebook page called “2Gether Tuesday“. Every Tuesday between now and Ultra Music Festival, Roger will be giving away a free track or mix leading up to the announcement of his forthcoming album. To start it off, we’re taking it back to 2001 with the track “Computabank”. Even though this track was released 10 years ago, it has a smooth & funky electro sound that made it well ahead of its time. Head over to Roger’s Facebook page every week to get the latest giveaway. We at GDD of course love clever social media and I gotta give this campaign a wholehearted √+.