The dance music prodigy from Santa Barbara, California, Seven Lions, released his incendiary set from his Ultra Music Festival debut at the OWSLA stage on Saturday, March 16th. Through his cohesive, yet incredibly eclectic, set consisting of tasteful Electro-House, Dubstep and everything in between, he was able to provide listeners with a powerful, deep-rooted experience unlike any other. This Seven Lions performance, along with his many more to come, serves to strengthen his highly sought-after appeal by displaying not only his superb music in a live setting, but also his prowess as a DJ. He is set to continue on his ascent to international dance music stardom as 2013 has already proven to be another groundbreaking year.
Tag Archives: Ultra Music Festival
• Screen collapses at Ultra Music Festival, two workers seriously injured
• Twitter to launch music streaming service, Twitter Music
• Fever: It Was Beautiful. At Least In The Beginning…Before Things Got Out Of Hand
• James Blake goes goth on “And Holy Ghost”
• Jeff Mills collaborates with astronaut on Where Light Ends
• Kingdom Preps New EP for Fade to Mind
Last night, dance music royalty, Fatboy Slim, played probably his most unique gig of his career — a music charity benefit inside the walls of the House of Commons in London adjacent to the river Thames. While the attendees of the event were far away from Fatboy Slim’s usual neon-clad clubbers (Fatboy Slim admits that he expected to see some “bad Dad dancing from the MPs”), the fact that this event actually happened is a milestone in dance music history, as nearly 2 decades ago a law was passed inside the same building that outlawed some forms of dance music events and put a serious damper on underground clubbing in the British capital. With this successful charity event under its belt, who knows what kind of shenanigans might happen in the historic building in years ahead.
In celebration of the event as well as the release of his new documentary on his massive Big Beach Bootique 5 event, Mr. Cook has given us a fun new bootleg to get everyone ready for his upcoming performances at BOTH weekends of Ultra Music Festival in Miami this month. Check it below.
• ‘Harlem Shake‘: The Making And Monetizing Of The Latest YouTube Dance Craze
• Ultra Music Festival 2013 announces ‘Phase 3’ line-up
• Ableton Announces Release Date for Live 9 and Push
• Torrent site The Pirate Bay plan to sue rival website – for copyright infringement
• City of Miami tries to cancel 2nd weekend of Ultra Music Festival
• Wynn Las Vegas announces lineup of 42 resident DJ’s
• Apparat to Release New Album, Shares Free Download
• Hot Waves 4 announced
• Infected Mushroom FungusAmongUS 2013 Tour
• Ultra Music Festival to be Swedish House Mafia‘s final stop
• W Hotels & Boiler Room Present ‘Do Not Disturb’ featuring Skream B2B Disclosure, Jimmy Edgar B2B Machinedrum, TEED B2B Friendly Fires, and Jackmaster B2B Loefah
• Seven Lions “Days to Come” Remix Contest on Beatport
• Cocoon connects Dots and Pearls II
• Jason Ross Remixes PeaceTreaty’s “In Time”
• “All kinds of new surprises” for Ultra Music Festival
• Radio Soulwax presents Dave
• Amsterdam Dance Event gears up for huge 17th edition
• Download Etienne de Crecy‘s Iconic ‘Prix Choc’
• Clouds ready mini-album for Ramp Recordings
Good morning! Today’s headlines include Ultra Music Festival, Fatboy Slim, Bassnectar, Snoop Dogg, Wynn Las Vegas, Modeselektor, & Culprit Sessions. Please read on after the jump.
Good morning! We hope you had an excellent weekend. Today’s stories include Ultra Music Festival, the Symbiosis Gathering 2012, Rusko, Above & Beyond, Madeon, & the Pioneer RMX1000. Please read on after the jump.
Good morning! The mid-week update always seems to be full of great news and today’s is no exception. Read more on the headlines listed above after the jump!