• Download a New Mix from Tycho
• Chet Faker unveils new clip and tour dates
• Bicep announce new release on Will Saul’s Aus label
• Watch the trailer for Night Slugs and Fade to Mind’s documentary Icy Lake
Up in the mountains of Tahoe in the dead of winter, a new Tycho album came into being. With the help of Zac Brown on guitar and bass, and Rory O’Connor on drums, Tycho took his artistry to new levels as his sound was discovered. What originally was a solo project, now boasts the fortitude of a three-piece-band, and with it comes this new post-rock dreamwave sound that marks the evolution of Tycho into the present. He exclaims that this, in many ways, is the first “true” Tycho record, as he moves away from the sounds that influenced him, and more into his own. If “Montana” is more of the vibe you’re trying to catch, pre-order his new album “Awake” and wait in good company with the self titled single on the album as March 18th draws closer.
• John Talabot Announces US Tour Dates
• Four Tet shares a host of free tracks on Twitter
• Mr Oizo readies Wrong Cops
• Tycho is Awake on new album
Over the past two years, I’ve had the pleasure of attending The Do LaB‘s famed transformational festival known as Lightning in a Bottle, and each time it was truly an indescribable experience unlike any other. With new dates falling in the heat of Summer and an unfamiliar venue situated in a desert environment, this year’s festival underwent a significant amount of change in certain aspects, but its fundamental anatomy remained as artistic, conscious, purposeful, and spiritually vibrant as ever – exceeding my expectations and providing for yet another phenomenal weekend.
Through hosting an extensive lineup of some of the most in-demand musicians, DJs, speakers, yoga instructors, and artists, among many other performers and participants, Lightning in a Bottle has once again exemplified why it has gained such prestige as a world-class event that draws thousands from far and wide. After the jump, I’ll run through my thoughts on the new venue/atmosphere, my top 3 performances, late-night happenings, other highlights, and some photos to give you a better visual perspective of the festival.
As the seasons are slowly shifting, the music follows suit. Light and cheerful riffs are slowly paving the way for deeper disco sounds. Sounds that will resonate throughout a nighttime hideout and keep the kids dancing. Steel drums and synths are still there, just down-tempo and with a heavier groove. Peel the paint off the walls and lets boogey.
“The waves ≠ raves consists of hand-picked gems that inspire us, tickling and tempting our creative juices. Some are old, some are new, but it is what we are listening to now. They are groovey, flowing, and sun-kissed just like that perfect wave. They are uplifting and guaranteed to put a smile on your face. They sound the best with a babe in one hand, a cold brewski in the other, and the sand beneath your feet. Stay Dreamy.”
Waves ≠ Raves Vol. 15
• Fred Falke – 808 PM at the Beach
• Hannulelauri – Zombie Tropicana
• Paul Weller – Starlight (Drop Out Orchestra Remix)
• The Drums – Money (Chad Valley Remix)
• Fabian – Last Flight
• Doctor Dru & Adana Twins – Juicy Fruit
• Runaway – Indoor Pool (Slow Hands Half Full Remix)
• Tycho – Hours
• Hypnolove – Holiday Reverie
• Pony Pony Run Run – Hey You (Copacabana Club Remix)
• Poolside – Harvest Moon
• Flight Facilities – Feelin’
• All the Lights – Chasing Colours (Plastic Plates Remix)
• Acid Washed – Change (Anteros & Thanaton Remix)
• Kamp! – Cairo
All files Zipped —–> HERE <—–