For today’s musician, building out an official website is a necessary evil, one which can quickly become frustrating and expensive. ToneDen looks to solve these problems by offering an elegant approach for the modern musician to showcase themselves online. With a few clicks, each artist can now configure their own beautifully designed site. Integrating their SoundCloud, Facebook, and Twitter accounts in one place, ToneDen also features a press kit generator for one sheets, and robust analytics. Essentially, everything the modern musician could need.
• Deadmau5 explains his departure from Twitter on his Tumblr
• Watch the video for David Bowie – ‘Love is Lost’ (James Murphy Remix)
• Listen to Sampha‘s new track, “Happens”
• Jerome LOL announces debut solo EP, shares lead track
• Daft Punk: Get Lucky feat Pharrell Williams
• VICE launches electronic dance music & culture channel Thump
• Koreless readies Yugen EP for Young Turks; stream the gorgeous ‘Sun’ now
• Twitter launches Twitter #Music, its much-talked about “music discovery” platform
• Screen collapses at Ultra Music Festival, two workers seriously injured
• Twitter to launch music streaming service, Twitter Music
• Fever: It Was Beautiful. At Least In The Beginning…Before Things Got Out Of Hand
• James Blake goes goth on “And Holy Ghost”
• Jeff Mills collaborates with astronaut on Where Light Ends
• Kingdom Preps New EP for Fade to Mind
• Here we go again: DJ Shadow kicked off decks in Miami
• Deadmau5 and Kat Von D get engaged via Twitter
• Listen to John Talabot‘s and Pional‘s Remix of The xx
• Stafford Brothers join Cash Money Records
Kill Frenzy has had a very, very good year. He’s got releases on dirtybird, Anabatic, and Moda Black, a track that hundreds of DJs across hundreds of genres fired out from their crates as a club weapon, and DJ sets all over the world (including a stop here in LA for HARD Summer), all helping him quickly become a name at the tip of everyone’s tongue when it comes to bumpin’ booty bass. Unsurprisingly so, with a track that has made millions of people not-so-secretly wish they could make their booty clap. With a marketable and clever DJ name, a hairstyle rivaling Roger Klotz from Doug, and a finesse for groovy but rattling bass lines, Kill Frenzy is locked and loaded to continue along his path of tech-y goodness.
Last week I caught the elusive Brussels native for a chat on Twitter, and what a charmer the young lad is. Go check out our discussion after the jump, where we talk about many of his favorite things, including naked girls in his studio, chocolate, the Ghettos & Gardens album, and more.
We have teamed up with our friends over at SOL REPUBLICto giveaway a pair of some of the best headphones on the market, the SOL REPUBLIC Tracks HD in white. SOL REPUBLIC’s breakthrough headphones are fashion-forward, offer amazing sound, and deliver unprecedented durability for prices that virtually all music fans can afford. Worn by the likes of Steve Aoki, Benny Benasi, Mark Farina, and Danny Daze, SOL REPUBLIC headphones are becoming the industry standard for DJ’s and producers. The microphone-equipped Tracks HD are virtually indestructible, and are also remotely compatible with most Apple products.
Alright dirty dancers, to get you ready for the HARD Weekend that starts in 3 days, we have a another exclusive contest for ya! The good people at HARD are giving away 1 pair of tickets each to the LA and Oakland shows.
All you have to do is follow HARD on twitter (@hardfest), and tweet: • “HARD WEEKEND 2011 Westcoast this weekend” • The city you want tix for (LA or OAK) • Name the artist you are most excited to see • mention @hardfest and @gottadancedirty
The winner will be announced randomly on Wednesday, March 9th (tomorrow!) and must be following @hardfest to win.
SET TIMES Friday 3/11 – OAKLAND HARD STAGE: 10:30 Simian Mobile Disco (Live) 8:45 Fake Blood 7:55 Destructo 7:10 Mumbai Science 6:30 Egyptrixx 6:00 Doors
THE DEN: 10:00 Egyptrixx 9:00 Blondes
Saturday 3/12 – LA HARD STAGE: 12:30 Simian Mobile Disco 10:55 Fake Blood 10:05 Destructo 9:15 Mumbai Science 8:30 Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs 8:00 Doors
HIGH STAKES ROOM (Level 4 of Club Nokia) 12:30 Juan Maclean 11:00 Egyptrixx 10:00 Blondes
Why am I leaving the comfort of 75 degree Miami weather for the arctic tundra (aka Toronto) — because I know you Canadians love to get dirty, of course! Thursday night we’ll be terrorizing a little soiree known as ‘dance like you fuck’ and Friday night we’ll be getting all kinds of mega at MOD. Hope to see you there! Stalk THE OVERTHROW on twitter and feel free to throw snowballs at us if you can. Just be prepared for our retaliation.
•Sigma – Paint It Black<----drum&bassnomnom* *tune that doesnt deserve to be wedged between shitty mashups on hype’s (not so)popular chart