• Porter Robinson‘s Worlds to be released on August 11
• Dusky Announce Nine Date June North American Tour
• Download a 19-track folder from Kaytranada
• Daniel Avery announces new single, “Knowing We’ll Be Here”
Those who were fortunate enough to catch Disclosure on tour last year might remember rising hip-hop star Vic Mensa, who landed the task of opening for the then budding production duo. As the come up became real with the Disclosure boys, Vic Mensa rapidly cranked out his own productions, keeping his candle burning closely and similarly to his tour mates. Now that the tour has concluded, Vic has taken the time to release a freestyle to the tune of “When A Fire Starts To Burn” that turns the track into a full on blaze. With no signs of cooling off, it would be advantageous to keep Vic close on your radar.
Madness. Pure un-adulterated debauchery. You’ve heard good music before, but none like what Parov Stelar has to offer. They know that, the people of Europe know that, and now after watching their 40-minute tour documentary, I know that. It’s like a wormhole was opened up after a successful séance and the spirit and soul of the roaring twenties came ripping to the front of the stage. Combine that with modern dance culture and a melting pot of amazing vibes ruminates throughout the different venues. It’s not easy, putting on a Parov Stelar show. There’s three piece bands, five piece bands, and then there are the seven members that comprise Parov Stelar’s band. It’s unlike anything you’ve ever heard, in the best way possible. It’s unique, in a nostalgic sort of way. Not that you know what the roaring twenties were like, but one can certainly understand the explosion of individualism in modern terms, and that’s what makes the sound so exciting. Continue Reading
Last summer the trifecta of Porter Robinson, The M Machine, and Mat Zo set out on a 2 month bud tour across North America, unleashing not only a wave of incredible music but also reflecting the energy fused from the 3 acts in unison. This 23 minute mini-doc depicts a great tale of life on the road, how everything comes together and how everything came to be.
ALSO – Big shout outs on this to our dear homies The M Machine on this tour who not only are still doing what we know them best for (5:36 – pedestrians hunting out good coffee) but also show everyone that they are their own roadies in every sense of the duty. PLUS – rockin the GDD shirt @ 9:16! When it all comes together, it made for a memorable summer tour that was like no other for these young and talented individuals.
March is by far the busiest, yet most fun month of the year for dance music lovers and professionals. SXSW (Austin) and WMC (Miami) both host tens of thousands of enthusiasts from around the world, and this year we teamed up with our good friends TAVIK, a music driven lifestyle brand designed for active individuals engaged in modern beach culture, for an epic RV road trip across America, hitting stops from Los Angeles to Miami over the course of nearly two weeks, starting Tuesday, March 19th. With our very own GDD DJs Bones, Troy Kurtz, and Burn Unit in tow, we hopped on board a few of our friends’ showcases, as well as presented a couple ourselves. Here’s how it all went down…
• Daft Punk not touring in 2013?
• Eats Everything‘s ‘stolen’ property returned
• Listen: Jamie xx Remixes Coexist‘s “Sunset”
• Wakarusa 2013 Lineup: Round One
• AlunaGeorge reveal further album details, drop new song
• Listen: Brodinski drops first solo Bromance EP
• Ultra Europe announces first headliners
• Flying Lotus teases upcoming projects including one he’s “not allowed to talk about”
• Tom Demac, Breach, T. Williams, A1 Bassline, and More Feature on Pets Compilation
• Baauer and Just Blaze are collaborating and touring together
• AC Entertainment leaves Moogfest for new festival, Mountain Oasis Electronic Music Summit
• Nero talk new album and working with Skrillex
• Trouble & Bass are “reborn, fresh and ready.”
• Hot Waves Compilation ft. Lee Foss, Alexis Raphael, Richy Ahmed, Miguel Campbell + more
• Catz ‘n Dogz embark on North American Tour
• Monster and Viacom introduce Monster DNA Headphones
Sleepyhead just released a brand new video for “Rainbow Thorns,” one of my favorite tracks off of his fresh Endless Island EP. The video, directed by Vash, brings an artistic visual expression of the track that aligns with it’s strange, dark, and mysterious feel. Check it out above and see if Sleepyhead is playing in a West Coast city near you after the jump.