Since his recent emergence, the rising tropical house specialist, Bearson, has been racking up SoundCloud plays, reaching over 2 million on his assortment of chilled-out remixes. Clearly, this 19-year-old is carving out his own place on an international stage as he follows in the footsteps of his fellow Norwegian, Kygo. After dropping his remix of The Lighthouse and the Whaler’s “Venice” last week, Bearson is quick to the draw, delivering a refreshing guest mix of sun-kissed house that’ll keep the Fall season at bay, as long as you’re listening.
Tag Archives: todd terje
Todd Terje‘s Inspector Norse is one of the most fun dance records we’ve heard in recent years, and Little Boots is back to bring this track back into the limelight with her sugary vocal rendition. The UK darling reigned supreme in the glory days of
bloghaus, and after releasing an album called Nocturnes in May this year, it would appear that we can hope to hear her velvet vocal chords to cut through some more tracks in the back half of 2014.
• Nicolas Jaar and Sasha Spielberg release “Don’t Tell Me”
• Duke Dumont gets second UK #1 with “I Got U”
• Hear Todd Terje & Bryan Ferry’s shimmering cover of Robert Palmer’s ‘Johnny and Mary’
• Mosca to Inaugurate New Label with 12″; Preview It Now
• Check Out MK‘s ‘Essential Mix’ for BBC Radio 1
• Todd Terje unveils new single ‘Delorean Dynamite’ from It’s Album Time
• Four Tet uploads unofficial Ellie Goulding remix to SoundCloud
• Voting Open for International Dance Music Awards
• Grammys 2014: Winners list
• Dirtybird prep BBQ compilation
• Todd Terje announces debut album, It’s Album Time; Bryan Ferry to guest
• Mano Le Tough will release his Tempus EP next month
• Kraftwerk announce LA residency
• Paul Kalkbrenner Announces Debut North American Solo Tour
• Watch John Talabot Perform Live in Budapest
• Stream a new Todd Terje single, ‘Spiral’ / ‘Q’
• Deadmau5 building a new tour for 2014
• Check Out Todd Terje‘s ‘Essential Mix’
• Culture Fires releases free EP
• Burning Man increases capacity
Last year, the Norwegian sultan of swing Todd Terje put out one of my favorite releases that was the euphoric behemoth Inspector Norse. Terje’s follow-up this year comes in the form of Strandbar, which in Norwegian translates to ‘beach bar’. Strandbar dropped today on his Olsen imprint with three versions – Samba, Disko, and Bonus. Stream the full ‘Disko Version’ below.
• RIP Romanthony, voice of Daft Punk’s “One More Time”
• Skrillex, Baauer, and Guetta win at Billboard Awards
• First Listen: Mount Kimbie, ‘Cold Spring Fault Less Youth’
• Todd Terje Preps New 12″; Preview It Now
For those out on the west coast, Cielo is a perfectly sized club in New York’s meatpacking district that easily has the best sound in the city, and arguably the country. Well, last month Cielo officially turned the big one-oh and celebrated with 10 amazing events and twice as much talent. Find out all about it after the jump!