• Diplo launches SoundCloud account supporting new music
• Bonobo digs deep for an Essential Mix debut you should hear
• The Do LaB announces Coachella Weekend 2 set times
Our friends at The Do LaB have announced one of their best lineups yet for their consistently outstanding festival, Lightning In A Bottle. With artists like Moby, Little Dragon, Simian Mobile Disco, Damian Lazarus, Cashmere Cat, What So Not, Thomas Jack, Sweater Beats, DJ Tennis, Russ Liquid and more, this year’s festival is a must for any electronic music enthusiast.
For those of you who are not familiar with this event, Lightning In A Bottle is an internationally renowned transformative experience that fuses music with introspective qualities of installation art, live performance, spiritual workshops, and an overarching embodiment of cultural and environmental consciousness. I’ve attended this festival for the past three years, and it always keeps me coming back for more of its distinctive offerings. Trust me – go this year and you’ll be very happy you did! Tickets here.
Watch the official LIB 2014 video after the jump.
We’ve teamed up with our friends at The Do LaB to bring you a special edition of our guest mix series featuring San Francisco’s Giraffage! As a bedroom producer-turned-touring act, he has established a strong online presence to cultivate a respected reputation for his dreamy future bass beats. Now with Giraffage‘s fantastic guest mix featuring everything from Canblaster to Kaytranada and some unreleased tunes of his own, you can enjoy a proper preview for his show at the KING KING this Friday, January 17th (Tickets).
This year, The Do LaB has made a commitment to feature more new and diverse music and artists for their fans at their shows. With bookings like Giraffage, Darkside, Blockhead, Teen Daze, and Papadosio, amongst others, they’re already on their way to making 2014 one of their best years yet.
The Do LaB Presents Giraffage (1/17) info and GDD™ Guest Mix tracklist after the jump…
Over the past two years, I’ve had the pleasure of attending The Do LaB‘s famed transformational festival known as Lightning in a Bottle, and each time it was truly an indescribable experience unlike any other. With new dates falling in the heat of Summer and an unfamiliar venue situated in a desert environment, this year’s festival underwent a significant amount of change in certain aspects, but its fundamental anatomy remained as artistic, conscious, purposeful, and spiritually vibrant as ever – exceeding my expectations and providing for yet another phenomenal weekend.
Through hosting an extensive lineup of some of the most in-demand musicians, DJs, speakers, yoga instructors, and artists, among many other performers and participants, Lightning in a Bottle has once again exemplified why it has gained such prestige as a world-class event that draws thousands from far and wide. After the jump, I’ll run through my thoughts on the new venue/atmosphere, my top 3 performances, late-night happenings, other highlights, and some photos to give you a better visual perspective of the festival.
• Pretty Lights‘ full album available to stream
• Moderat Talks Collaborative Process and Making of Sophomore LP in New Video
• The Do LaB introduces “In The LaB” Podcast with select Coachella 2013 Performances
• SFX Entertainment reveals plans to acquire Stereosonic
• Seth Troxler‘s advice on the DJ game: “Don’t be a dick”
• Kraftwerk to begin work on ninth album, Ralf Hütter confirms
• The Do LaB announces official Los Angeles Lightning in a Bottle pre-party
• Native Instruments Unveils Kontrol Z1 for Traktor
• Hot Chip goes “Dark & Stormy”
• Lightning in a Bottle Presents Lucent Temple of Consciousness Speakers and Workshops
• ‘More Than a Show’ Doc Chronicles Check Yo Ponytail Concert Series
• Stream Leon Vynehall‘s New 12″ for Aus
• Porter Robinson‘s gig gone wrong: “The police are not on your side”
• Four Tet’s “Pyramid” remixed by Atoms for Peace
• House veteran MK intends to release his first solo album this year
• Purity Ring added to the Lightning in a Bottle Lineup
• Maya Jane Coles‘ debut album out July
• The Do LaB Does Coachella
• Catz ‘n Dogs and Martin Dawson to release album as Different Marks: stream the first track
• Diplo to produce “EDM craze” film
The visionary Southern California music and arts company, The Do LaB, has announced its Lightning in a Bottle 2013 lineup. With a diverse offering of top-tier and emerging talent including Rusko, Nicolas Jaar, Lee Burridge, Emancipator, Kastle, Psychemagik, Jobot, and Odesza, among many others, it is set to be yet another incredible experience supplemented by art, yoga, workshops, speakers, consciousness, and more. For tickets and more information visit lightninginabottle.org.