It comes as little surprise that Kastle, a man who’s such an avid and exuberant pusher for music (his own, and his label’s), has just released his first full length album only a short three years after starting this musical project. With a mind-blowing flow of releases, remixes, mixtapes, and shows already in his repertoire, Kastle’s been one of the most useful and gracious advocates of the forward-thinking musical movement in the US. As many talented and unique artists as there are in the world, Kastle is one of very few who I can introduce to absolutely any one of my friends and have them fall hands-down in love with his music without failure.
Tag Archives: symbols
A couple of weeks back, we featured Figgy‘s excellent For The One EP (out on Symbols), and here we are again bringing you a stellar guest mix from the up and comer. With a handful of unreleased tracks scattered throughout the artistically curated mix, you’re in for an hour of bassy, up tempo grooves that will keep you up on your dancing feet. If you’re in the mood for some great house, look no further.
For those of you in NYC, Figgy will be playing the next Broke City with Pictureplane on January 18th. Additionally, Figgy will be joining CRISP and Cream Dream in the triple EP release party debauchery put on by Bass Squad on January 24th. Find more details here!
TRACKLIST AFTER THE JUMP
A sure rising star out of New York’s underground dance music scene, Figgy, has come through with an impassioned effort on his 4-track For The One EP released via Symbols Recordings. For The One boasts an old school house vibe with a modernistic flare that maintains originality and an unconventional appeal that shines through on each club ready track. Figgy and the rest of the Broke City crew are quickly making a name for themselves with a keen sense of style that is not found elsewhere. Be on the look out for them in 2013. Preview the For The One EP below and purchase on Beatport or iTunes.
BONUS FREE DOWNLOAD AFTER THE JUMP
Following a massive run on his Stay Forever tour through North America, New Zealand, and Australia, Kastle finds the time to give back to his fans with an impressively original garage-infused deep house gem, “Baby, Keep It Real.” 2013 seems to be very promising for the San Francisco resident as he’s been working on his highly-anticipated debut album as well as establishing his record label, Symbols, as one of the premier outlets for forward-thinking electronic music. Despite his busy schedule, Kastle keeps it real and provides a plethora of sounds to help you enjoy the holiday season to the fullest. Enjoy this track, indulge in the bonuses after the jump, and feel free to congratulate him on making the iTunes’ Electronic Best Of 2012 list with his Stay Forever EP.
• Justice unveil new EP details
• Richie Hawtin heads to South Africa for youth social change
• Decibel announces 2013 dates and winter shows
• Symbols Recordings releases previews for Figgy‘s forthcoming For The One EP
• David Guetta wins American Music Award
• Myspace: “Artists are just looking for a home”
• Watch the Nightmarish Video for the Gaslamp Killer‘s “Seven Years of Bad Luck for Fun”
• Watch new Scuba live video
• Labels You Love: XLR8R Readers’ Top 20 Labels
• Deadmau5 hypes new live show concept: “I can’t believe no one has thought of it”
• Dubfire on reviving Deep Dish: “Festivals are getting tired of the same old artists”
• Tiga mixes Tiga Non Stop
• Warehouse Project announce NYE party
• Grenier Readies EP for Symbols, Shares Preview
• Take a First Look at Ableton Live 9