It was a big weekend for the Swedish House Mafia with their BBC Radio 1 Essential Selection. Not only did they sit in for the legendary Pete Tong, but they also debuted a brand new track, “Antidote,” that they co-produced with Knife Party, Rob Swire and Gareth McGrillen’s new project. Yesterday, Steve Angello released his highly anticipated edit of Nari & Milani’s “Kendo” for free on his Facebook page. The track flows from an acid beginning to a climaxing big room synth explosion that may take you by surprise. It’s one of those tracks that you hope you don’t play out, but I just can’t help it!
For those of you that didn’t know already, Insomniac has put together a documentary with live footage from last year’s Electric Daisy Carnival that took place at the Coliseum in Los Angeles last June, along with artist interviews and some other great festival content. The documentary will be reaching the big screen in 520 theaters across the United States for one night only on August 4th, but the premiere will be in Hollywood at Mann’s Chinese Theater next Wednesday, July 27th. Here’s where the cool part kicks in:
The lovely lads in a little group called SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA are giving us a pair of tickets for 2 of you lucky kids to see the Experience before the rest of the country. This is a HUGE opportunity and probably one of the best giveaways we’ve been able to do thus far, so get excited. Here’s how to win:
GDD™ nation we have a treat for you! For many/most, Swedish House Mafia is the biggest booking in the world right now. The trio of talent consisting of Axwell, Steve Angello, and Sebastian Ingrosso has headlined festivals and club nights all over the world, and this weekend the guys will be heading out to the desert to headline Sunday night of the Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas, Nevada. For those that couldn’t get Friday off of work or didn’t want to blow their precious load buying a pass for all three days, we have a giveaway just for you. We will be giving away ONE PAIR of tickets to EDC Vegas for this Sunday!
Contest Instructions (follow closely!):
- ‘Like’ the Gotta Dance Dirty Facebook page
- ‘Like’ the Swedish House Mafia Facebook page
- @Tag both Facebook pages in your status, as well as @Tag the friend that you want to bring with you.
- Your friend that you @Tag must also @Tag both Facebook pages and you in their status back (IMPORTANT!)
- Winner will be chosen at random and announced Wednesday afternoon. Good luck!
You’ve all probably heard the new Swedish House Mafia anthem, Save The World, by now, and if you haven’t, you will probably around 100 times this summer. It’s a big track with some heartwarming vocals, and our buddy Style Of Eye teamed up with Carli of Savage Skulls to make their own little rendition of it. I think I have to agree with my friend Nate over at Chemical Jump that this hits better than the original for me. What do you guys think?
• Swedish House Mafia – Save The World (Style Of Eye, Carli Remix) (Link removed by request.)√+
TRACKLISTING: 01. Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso feat. Michael Feiner – Together (The Attic Intro) w/ Bart B More, Nom de Strip & Little Bastard – Jailbait w/ Swedish House Mafia feat. Tinie Tempah – Miami 2 Ibiza (Intro)
02. Alesso – Nillionaire
03. Matt Caseli & Danny Freakazoid – Raise Your Hands
04. Angger Dimas – Are You Ready (Mahesa Utara)
05. David Tort feat. Gosha – One Look (Axwell vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike)
06. Nari & Milani – Kendo (Steve Angello)
07. Swanky Tunes vs. Deadmau5 – Together Strobe (Axwell)
08. Marco V – Reaver
09. Steve Angello & Laidback Luke vs. Axwell – Be Knas
10. Who’s Who – Yeah
11. Axwell – Heart Is King
12. Alex Metric & Steve Angello – Open Your Eyes (Tim Mason) w/ Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus (Acapella)
13. Axwell feat. Errol Reid – Nothing But Love
14. Pendulum – The Island Part 1 (Steve Angello & AN21 & Max Vangeli) [Rob Swire Live]
15. Hard Rock Sofa & St. Brothers – Blow Up (Thomas Gold & Axwell) w/ Adele – Rolling In The Deep (Acapella)
16. Arno Cost – Lise
17. Funkerman feat. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Otherside 2010
18. Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime (Axwell & Henrik B Remode)
19. Carl Louis & Martin Danielle vs. Axwell & Dirty South feat. Rudy – Open The Message (Axwell) w/ Green Velvet – Flash (Nicky Romero)
20. Tim Berg vs. Kings Of Leon – Abow vs. Sex Is On Fire (Avicii)
21. Tim Berg vs. Michael Woods – Bromance Dynamik (Axwell)
22. Tim Mason – The Moment (Steve Angello) w/ Justice vs. Simian – We Are Your Friends (Acapella)
23. Alesso – Dynamite w/ Sebastian Ingrosso feat. MGMT – Kidsos 24.Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Save The World
25. The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South)
26. Daft Punk – One More Time
27. Swedish House Mafia – One w/ Swedish House Mafia – One (Congorock) w/ Swedish House Mafia feat. Pharrell – One (Your Name) [Pharrell Live]
28. Laidback Luke & Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso & Steve Angello feat. Deborah Cox – Leave The World Behind w/ Moguai – We Want Your Soul (Sebjak) [Encore Edit]
Los Angeles’ biggest Friday night electronic party is back in a big way and ready to have a crushing year in 2011. In 2010, CONTROL at the Avalon brought some of the biggest, baddest, dirtiest parties to Hollywood, and you better believe we are going to keep the momentum going this January. For our first night back, we will be featuring a huge genre-mashing lineup, with a headline performance by CONTROL vets, Stanton Warriors, who will be supported by SonicC, Reid Speed, Dan Sena, and ///BONES. Let’s bring the CONTROL family back together this Friday…
As of this moment, we will be doing presale tickets only as we are working on how to make our guestlists more effective in the New Year. Check back before Friday to see if we will have a guestlist this week, but to eliminate confusion, buy tickets now and pick them up at will call Friday night.
TAKE ONE:“Turn off your brain, turn on your heart.”
2010 has proved to be a monumental year for electronic music, with the light casting down on the colossal force of the Swedish House Mafia. With the explosive success of their single ‘ONE’ earlier this year, the infamous trio have been spreading their noise and their name across the globe. The recent release of their documentary, Take One, is a culmination of the rise of SHM as a massive house movement and experience that covers 285 gigs in only 2 years across over 15 countries.
We were lucky enough to be sent an advance copy of the film from our good friends over @ EMI Records, and we couldn’t of been more elated. Thinking we would only watch it once or twice before this 45 minute documentary would be out of our system, we underestimated the power of our own love. We literally have watched it at least 10 times now, addicted to the hedonistic journey through the nu-rockstar lives of Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso and Steve Angello. It reminds us so much of how happy we are to be a part of this rapidly growing music industry. For you devoted electronic music enthusiasts and dirty dancers alike out there, this is a film NOT TO MISS.
From the on-stage euphoria of playing to entranced clubbers, to the buzz of realising a track in intimate creative sessions, to the inevitable bickering between the guys, TAKE ONE goes beyond the music to show what binds together three friends, three artists, three pioneers, and three total individuals on an emotional ride to success as a group.
UNTIL ONE:“Goosebumps never lie.”
For all those who have witnessed the performance of epic proportions that is a Swedish House Mafia set, you would imagine that their would somehow be a way to capture the energy and feeling you get while living the moment in the crowd. Finally, that prayer has been answered. With the premiere of the new film, SHM have released a soundtrack to the documentary called Until One, which really is a studio mastered version of their live dj set they’ve been showcasing this past year. If you’ve seen them live before then you’ll know that their quote rings true with every heartbeat you feel during their performance … “Goosebumps never lie.” [Pick up the release here]
TUNAGE: Miami 2 Ibiza (Static Revenger Mixes)
The most recent SHM, Miami 2 Ibiza, is featured in the beginning of the Until One album and is following graciously in the footsteps of the mega anthem, ‘ONE.’ I personally didn’t care too much for it until it was used to capture the immense feelings of house music sweeping across our country in the documentary. And it wasn’t until we received the official remixes of the track by Static Revenger that I realized it was a version that could most certainly be added to any dirty electro big room set. Dirty dancers – grab these for sure.
I have to say that I am very proud of our Miami brethren. Caligula have been pumping out some very high quality tunes in 2010, and I believe the best is still yet to come. The boys’ most recent project is a remix of Swedish House Mafia‘s latest big one, Miami 2 Ibiza, which has actually been approved by the rockstar trio and will be featured in the next remix package (Bravo, boys!). Grab the low quality version here and make sure to keep an eye on Beatport for the official release. Stream first on the video below if you’d like.
Wow! We offered you up some free Swedish House Mafia treats and what a ridiculously overwhelming response we got from all of you dirty dancers. Through a scientifically proven randomization process (close eyes, scroll up and down frantically, write down first name on top) our winners are officially Caroline from California, Michael from Connecticut, and Alberto from Texas … Congrats!
Michael was actually rewarded for being the first responder and coincidentally you long-time dirty dancers may have seen his name on GDD™ before. That’s right, he’s 1/2 of the duo Bastille that made that magical ‘Cold As Ice’ remix that lit your pants on fire in late summer ’09. Bonus reward for Michael: another hand-crafted stomper up on his favorite blog.
I also threw in the newest Jokers Of The Scene goth-house/demon-step/horror-dub epic, just cause I like y’all so much.
Click on the word “Tracks” for downloads.
P.S. How does everyone like this lil’ SoundCloud gizmo? Post thoughts in the comments.