We all itch for new Alex Metric material, and when that day is upon us, the sound waves enter our ears, and we tingle in delight. It is impossible to make techie electro sound this good. The riffs, builds, and cosmic sounds layered on his patented grinding yet groovy bassline is a recipe for success, and it has happened again. Coming off such a hot collaboration with Steve Angello for Open Your Eyes, it was time for another massive club hit. The result is Raveageddon, which will be released as a bonus track on the EP single package for End of the World dropping August 15th. A hard-hitting, melodic tune perfect for the end of the world as we know it. As if that’s not enough, a full length Alex Metric album, Open Your Eyes: Remixes and Productions, will drop shortly after on the 22nd. Keep your eyes peeled for an interview with the man, myth, and legend as well. Now turn up the volume and get after it!
Tag Archives: steve angello
Our dear old pal Nom De Strip just sent this over today, amidst his travels down to Los Angeles. Nom will be staying with us for the month of June, and to start things off right he made this killer bootleg of the festival massive ‘Rave N Roll’ by Steve Angello. Here’s what he had to say about it:
“Hey Folks! Hope you enjoy this remix I did for fun on a 30 hour train journey down the west of USA yesterday!”
-Nom De Strip
Just came across this gem of a live recording from one of the most massive sets ever put down by the ‘Mafia… relive what you witnessed or just pretend you were part of the madness on March 26, 2011.
01. Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso feat. Michael Feiner – Together (The Attic Intro) w/ Bart B More, Nom de Strip & Little Bastard – Jailbait w/ Swedish House Mafia feat. Tinie Tempah – Miami 2 Ibiza (Intro)
02. Alesso – Nillionaire
03. Matt Caseli & Danny Freakazoid – Raise Your Hands
04. Angger Dimas – Are You Ready (Mahesa Utara)
05. David Tort feat. Gosha – One Look (Axwell vs. Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike)
06. Nari & Milani – Kendo (Steve Angello)
07. Swanky Tunes vs. Deadmau5 – Together Strobe (Axwell)
08. Marco V – Reaver
09. Steve Angello & Laidback Luke vs. Axwell – Be Knas
10. Who’s Who – Yeah
11. Axwell – Heart Is King
12. Alex Metric & Steve Angello – Open Your Eyes (Tim Mason) w/ Depeche Mode – Personal Jesus (Acapella)
13. Axwell feat. Errol Reid – Nothing But Love
14. Pendulum – The Island Part 1 (Steve Angello & AN21 & Max Vangeli) [Rob Swire Live]
15. Hard Rock Sofa & St. Brothers – Blow Up (Thomas Gold & Axwell) w/ Adele – Rolling In The Deep (Acapella)
16. Arno Cost – Lise
17. Funkerman feat. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Otherside 2010
18. Adrian Lux – Teenage Crime (Axwell & Henrik B Remode)
19. Carl Louis & Martin Danielle vs. Axwell & Dirty South feat. Rudy – Open The Message (Axwell) w/ Green Velvet – Flash (Nicky Romero)
20. Tim Berg vs. Kings Of Leon – Abow vs. Sex Is On Fire (Avicii)
21. Tim Berg vs. Michael Woods – Bromance Dynamik (Axwell)
22. Tim Mason – The Moment (Steve Angello) w/ Justice vs. Simian – We Are Your Friends (Acapella)
23. Alesso – Dynamite w/ Sebastian Ingrosso feat. MGMT – Kidsos
24. Swedish House Mafia feat. John Martin – Save The World
25. The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South)
26. Daft Punk – One More Time
27. Swedish House Mafia – One w/ Swedish House Mafia – One (Congorock) w/ Swedish House Mafia feat. Pharrell – One (Your Name) [Pharrell Live]
28. Laidback Luke & Axwell & Sebastian Ingrosso & Steve Angello feat. Deborah Cox – Leave The World Behind w/ Moguai – We Want Your Soul (Sebjak) [Encore Edit]
Los Angeles! GDD™ has a late Christmas present for two of you dirty dancers! As I stated a week or so ago on Facebook, we are giving away a pair of tickets to HARD New Year’s Eve this 31st of December at The Music Box in Hollywood with Mr. Oizo, DJ Falcon, Brodinski, Congorock, and Harvard Bass. To enter the contest, please go to our FACEBOOK page, like us if you haven’t already, and write what you are most looking forward to about anything to do with electronic music and the EDM scene in 2011 on our wall. Good luck!
and three total individuals on an emotional ride to success as a group.
Wow! We offered you up some free Swedish House Mafia treats and what a ridiculously overwhelming response we got from all of you dirty dancers. Through a scientifically proven randomization process (close eyes, scroll up and down frantically, write down first name on top) our winners are officially Caroline from California, Michael from Connecticut, and Alberto from Texas … Congrats!
Click on the word “Tracks” for downloads.
P.S. How does everyone like this lil’ SoundCloud gizmo? Post thoughts in the comments.
In the swing of an event filled October this year, our good friends over at ShiftyRhythms would love to invite you westside-LA dirty dancers to this months Get Shifty event, The SHIFT –happening this Wednesday night @ Main On Main. On top of it, I’ve got their buddy Korova’s remix of the Mau5′s ‘Sofi Needs A Ladder’ – currently in the runnings for the ‘Ultimate Remix Contest.’ Oh and there is an unreleased mau5 track and an epic bootleg from local hero S.Co (from 310electro) as well. Get shifty with ‘em.
RSVP on the Facebook event HERE
If I was obligated to do a one-word-festival-preview this would just say “INSANITY,” but fortunately for you I get to give you the real dirty dirt on what’s going down at the NOS Events Center this Saturday. Compliments of the crew over at Insomniac, this weekend’s 16th annual Nocturnal Festival is not to be missed. Even though it’s a bit off the beaten path out in San Bernardino, I for one totally love the set-up and location, and apparently so do about 40,000 others every September. The stages are set up in massive hangars, spacious tents, and something zuuper special and unique for the massive trance arena trucked in all the way from NYC.
For the past month or so, my obsession with big room and tech house has grown into an insatiable and undying need for more booming tracks. In come house masterminds Gregor Salto and Hardwell. These two very talented artists from Holland have been making some huge splashes in the EDM pond this year. Gregor Salto has pumped out three separate releases on three different labels (including one on his own label G-Rex) just since the end of June; the most notable being his collaboration with Afrojack titled ‘I’ll Be There.’ His tech influence mixed with Latin flavor is brilliant and unlike anything I’ve ever heard. Hardwell has shown that age does not equate with talent as he has already co-produced tracks with the likes of Chuckie as well as produced commissioned remixes for Laidback Luke, Steve Angello, and Sharam; all at and before the age of 21! Needless to say, I’m sure the rest of 2010 will prove to be a huge year for these Dutch producers, and if they keep up their creative and groundbreaking ideas, 2011 won’t be so bad either.