• Tomorrowland 2013 sells out in an instant
• Baauer Explains Azealia Banks “Harlem Shake” Squabble, Working With AlunaGeorge on New EP
• Listen: Tensnake‘s summer-ready new Essential Mix
• Skrillex, Diplo, and A-Trak launch YouTube music network – Potato Will Eat You
Tag Archives: skrillex
• Déjà Vu: Skrillex Wins Three Grammys Before Broadcast Even Starts, Again
• Avicii Working With Nile Rogers, Mike Shinoda, Mac Davis on New Album
• I Dream of Wires documentary on the way
• Belgian up-and-comers Pelican Fly announce label comp Feathers: stream Sinjin Hawke’s ‘Prom Nite’ inside
VERSUS was our humble weekly event @ The Central in Santa Monica, CA over the past 2 years. We’re sad to have it come to an end, but we sent it off proper with a biblical b2b set from Skrillex x Congorock x Crookers x 12th Planet, along with Doorly and our very own Bones. We thank everyone for all the memories, never forget what we’ve built.
GDD x DANCEiSM = VERSUS
*Photos, lineups and more info HERE
VIDEO CREDIT: Alexander Jacob
This Friday, GDD™ fav, Congorock, will be headlining CONTROL at the Avalon in Hollywood, so we’ve teamed up with him to give away 5 pairs of tickets to the show along with 5 brand new Congorock Ts, modeled by Rocco in the image above.
After Rocco joined in on the unbelievable B2B2B2B set last week along with Skrillex, Crookers, and 12th Planet at our final VERSUS event, we’ve been looking forward to hearing some of the unreleased jams that he laid down to the intimate crowd on a big scale — the Avalon scale.
Enter to win via the Punchtab application below, and make sure to share on social media channels for a higher chance to win! The 5 winners will be notified by email on Friday at 5PM. Continue Reading
WHAT IS THE NEST?
#TheNest is a new sub-label on drip.fm of OWSLA where we’ll be releasing all of our favorite music in conjunction with our main OWSLA releases, including rare and unreleased remixes and edits from all of the coolest artists we know.
WHAT YOU GET
Each member will receive access to EVERY OWSLA release in MP3+WAV 24 hours before anyone else, plus FREE weekly Nest exclusives that won’t be available to ANYONE including goodies like VIP edits, DJ sets, sound kits, priority access to shows, and way more.
ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL GIVEAWAY
Upon signing up, you’ll receive two hand-picked compilations of some of our favorite releases from 2011 and 2012, and as a holiday bonus, sign up before 12/31 and you will be entered to win an all-expenses-paid VIP trip to Ultra 2013 in Miami!
GOTO THE NEST
The not-so-secret collaborative effort between Skrillex and Boys Noize, Dog Blood, was announced only a few months ago to large applaud. Always cool when two real ground-breakers of an industry come together to create something new, especially when they call it something as cool as DOG BLOOD.
Their new music video for the single “New Order” is just as twisted and chaotic as the track itself, featuring a dude tripping so hard he becomes a literal and figurative space cadet (following with the theme of the EP artwork…).
Oh yeah, and make sure you get in on our contest to win tickets to the Boys Noize NYC show. CLICK HERE TO ENTER CONTEST.
• SBTRKT readies live album
• DJ Zinc has announces new EP, Only for Tonight
• Download a New Song from Nicolas Jaar
• Julio Bashmore‘s “Husk” gets a video
• AraabMuzik Taps Diplo, Skrillex for Next Album
What does Alex Metric, Aeroplane, and UZ have in common? The next OWSLA release – Ammunition Pt. 2
The London-based Alex Metric saw a massive response earlier in the year for his chord-stabbing anthem ‘Rave Weapon’, gaining widespread support and the attention of Skrillex and his collective label OWSLA. They’ve teamed up together to release the remix EP, boasting three stunning remixes from the Italo maestro Aeroplane, the mysterious UZ, and Dirtybird newcomer Mark Starr – you couldn’t ask for a better trifecta of difference.
*The EP is due out December 3rd worldwide, and also features the original mix plus (2) new originals ‘Prophecies’ and ‘Motion Study’. Check them all out below!
• Watch Skrillex & The Doors “Breakin’ a Sweat” Video
• David Guetta on Deadmau5 spat: ‘I don’t just show up and press play’
• Jamie Jones on cracking the Top 40: “This is in no way selling out”
• Q&A: Thom Yorke on Atoms for Peace’s ‘Mechanistic’ New Album
• John Talabot Readies Deluxe Edition of ‘ƒin’
Webster Hall continues to be one of my favorite venues in New York City and this past Friday was no exception. After getting word that there would be a secret guest I made my way over to the historic club and hoped for an interesting night. With a line-up consisting of Crizzly and Alvin Risk and armed with the knowledge that Skrillex was in town, I prayed that I would finally get to witness a rare surprise Skrillex set like other GDD writers had seen before me.