Carrying on in our Dirt Artist Series, this week I’ve teamed up with virtual super producer, Matrixxman — the San Francisco-based studio whiz who can literally make everything from Italo Disco to Rap. Seriously, the dude emanates versatility. He initially came on my radar when he and Sinden teamed up with Mykki Blanco (a personal fav of mine) for “haze.boogie.life,” and since then I’ve been consistently impressed with anything and everything Matrixxman, including two new ones that came out this week which you can grab for free in this Dirt. Make sure to head over to his Soundcloud to check his whole catalog and get ready for a very eclectic Dirt selection from both of us below. Biggups to Matrixxman for the early 80s Disco jams in his picks. √+ Continue Reading
GDD has decided to put a new spin on our weekly Dirts, and instead of pairing up internally we’re branching out and pairing up with artists. So every Thursday, hop on board with us and some of our favorite artists – where you’ll get your weekly dose of 100% free tracks from us and a cool little selection of music that gives you a bit of insight into the minds of the DJs and producers you know and love.
I’ve partnered up with none other than one of my best friends, probably one of the funniest and coolest dudes in the business, the #10 gentleman on my Sexiest DJs list: Max from Prince Club. He’s the DJ version of Tom Hardy and smokes more than a chimney, and because of that we present his top 5 tracks to smoke to. Click the jump to see some of my favorite free tracks of the moment, and check out Max’s favorite stoner jams as well. Enjoy!
AEI Media, home of several illustrious bass brands like UKF, Drum & Bass Arena, GetDarker and more, are back again for a new This Is Dubstep compilation! The 2013 edition is bursting with heavy bass and dark dubstep and with 35+ tracks and several exclusives it is proving to be one hell of a release!
Skream goes throwback clubbin’ on his latest remix of “100%” by Duke Dumont (ft. A.M.E.). It’s massive 80s/early 90s club vibes on this one a la Lisa Lisa& Cult Jam, Nu Shooz, The Jets, Midnight Star, SOS Band + Madonna. It’s the perfect weekend JAM.
• Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Mumford & Sons to Play Bonnaroo
• RBMA New York announce first batch of events and guest speakers
• Skream steps up for All Gone Miami 2013
• Azari & III reworked by Disclosure, Nicolas Jaar, Maceo Plex, and more on remix album
• DJs Play Ball – Miami’s Red Blue Classic Basketball Game
The ever-talented UK Bass producer, Skream, will be headlining CONTROL at Avalon Hollywood tonight, along with sets from DANK, Yung Satan, Singularity, and Erick Diaz. If you haven’t seen a set from Skream in a while, we highly recommend coming out and checking out the eclectic artist’s new selections.
Please email names to RSVP@gottadancedirty.com to be on our discount guestlist for the evening. All names must be submitted by 5:30PM tonight.
$20 before 11PM
More info + killer Boiler Room vid from Skream + Disclosure after the jump…Continue Reading
• A-Trak dishes on new EP and Duck Sauce album
• Tiesto Recruits Bono, Calvin Harris, Diplo for AIDS Charity Compilation – Dance (Red)
• Watch Diplo, Four Tet, Nicolas Jaar, Skream, More in New Warehouse Project Documentary
• Dirtybird Presents Stuff the Bird with Claude VonStroke and Justin Jay
• Kastle Remixes Disclosure, Offers it for Free Download
Nothing is impossible. Boiler Room took over a penthouse suite at the W Hotel London and threw the badman Skream on the decks b2b with phenom duo Disclosure, in 70 minutes of incredible music and (what looked like) one hell of a party. Watch this madness and get inspired.
• Ultra Music Festival to be Swedish House Mafia‘s final stop
• W Hotels & Boiler Room Present ‘Do Not Disturb’ featuring Skream B2B Disclosure, Jimmy Edgar B2B Machinedrum, TEED B2B Friendly Fires, and Jackmaster B2B Loefah
• Seven Lions “Days to Come” Remix Contest on Beatport
• Cocoon connects Dots and Pearls II
• Jason Ross Remixes PeaceTreaty’s “In Time”
• Skrillex and Ellie Goulding to make an album?
• Download 11 Skream Tracks
• Flight Facilities tackle fourdecades of music for triple j
• Video: The xx “Chained”
• Australia’s Feenixpawl launching first U.S. Tour