• AraabMUZIK shot, survives robbery attempt
• Richie Hawtin discovers South Africa
• Anjunabeats‘ official statement: “Will.I.Am did not get permission”
• Verboten launches StageONE with Sasha
• Sasha reveals Involv3r preview
• Thom Yorke’s Atoms for Peace announce U.S. tour dates
• GEMA DJ fees further outlined
• Nicole Moudaber announces debut album, Believe
• Marquee Nightclub Releases Volume 1 of Brand New Compilation Series
Hope all y’all have some dirty, sexy plans for later tonight and this weekend If you’re still looking for places to go and things to do, I highly recommend this weeks picks! Get your dance on.
Thursday February 14th
– Casablanca Records presents The Aston Shuffle and Blende @ The DL
Friday February 15th
–Loco Dice and Willie Graff @ Output
–Verboten presents Fur Coat, Robert James and Richy Ahmed at SRB Brooklyn
Saturday February 16th
–Generation Wild Tour with Deniz Koyu, dBerrie, Danny Avila and Mikael Weermets at Webster Hall
Sunday February 17th
–BLKmarket Membership presents: Sasha, Taimur & Fahad @ Output
• James Blake Officially Announces Sophomore Album; Hear First Single Now
• Beyond Wonderland is back for 2013
• Thom Yorke’s Atoms for Peace announce AMOK launch parties: Actress, Throwing Snow, Shed and more support
• Sasha mixes Involv3r
• Nine Free Tracks In Honor Of J Dilla – Shigeto
LA! Where will you be on New Years Eve?
Sure there are plenty of goings on around the area, but GDD would like to personally suggest the place to be as we ring in 2013. Insomniac has teamed up with Exchange in downtown LA to bring you a monumental night of music thats sure to go til the break of dawn. In the main room (top floor), techno legends Sasha and Adam Beyer will be in control of the decks, while deeper heavyweights Art Department and Damian Lazarus will be holding down Room 2 (bottom floor). You can fist pump your life away any other night – we highly recommend educating yourself with some of the best in electronic music as we ring in the new year.
Wanna win a pair of tickets to the show? GO HERE – share the image and comment with why you think you deserve the tickets!
*Winner will be announced tomorrow 12/29 @ noon PST
• BUY TICKETS HERE
• MORE INFO HERE
Check out this weeks event roundup! It may be getting cold and grey here in New York, but these events are sure to keep things interesting.
Good morning! The mid-week update always seems to be full of great news and today’s is no exception. Read more on the headlines listed above after the jump!
Happy Friday! I have news featuring Ultra Music Festival’s phase 2 lineup additions, Kraftwerk, Laidback Luke, Creamfields, Deadmau5, and Sasha & Steve Lawler. Please read on after the jump.
Last Wednesday I was lucky enough to attend DJMag‘s Top 100 DJs award ceremony at London’s highly acclaimed Ministry of Sound. I’ve never seen a club so rammed, as thousands flooded the streets, in line to catch sets from some of the world’s top acts. Afrojack opened up the second room, with a pretty tight two hour dutch house set, but the vast majority were there to find out who’d be crowned the world’s number 1 DJ. Armin Van Buuren received the award for the fourth time in consecutive years, as several hundred in the club appeared to groan at the lack of change.