• Tiga and Audion reveal new single and joint tour plans
• Flying Lotus on his new album: “It’s like Miles Davis imagining what jazz sounds like today”
• Hear Rustie’s explosive remix of ‘Back Seat Ho’ from Machinedrum’s forthcoming Fenris District EP
• Listen to Samo Sound Boy‘s New “Open” Single
For this week’s Artist Collab series for The Dirt, I’m very excited to be teaming up with one of the baddest DJs on the planet, Anna Lunoe. Along with her sorcery on the decks, Anna is a phenomenal producer, she has serious remix game, her apparel line rocks, she kills it all across social media & pretty much dominates at life.
Check out Anna’s picks of some of her hottest tunes of the moment and what she has to say about them. Together we bring you a 10-pack of ultra cool, hot new jams, a handful of which you can grab for FREE!
The Dirt #119: Anna Lunoe + aRod…
• Sensation announces dates for its first U.S. tour, The Ocean Of White
• Gesaffelstein releases teaser video for “Pursuit”
• “Why not present it myself?”: Midland opens up about his new label, Graded
• Julio Bashmore Preps New Single with Kowton
• Depeche Mode stream new album ‘Delta Machine’
• SFX announces USA version of Tomorrowland and acquisition of ID&T
• Hear Rustie’s mini-mix for BBC Radio 1, featuring a stash of unheard material
• Watch Daft Punk’s album advert, featuring new music from the duo
• Tiesto confirms Las Vegas Residency
• Listen to sets from Ed Banger‘s 10th birthday
• Stream ‘Slasherr’, Rustie’s first single since breakthrough album Glass Swords
Round two of Science Sundays is already upon us and what better chemical to bring into the mix than the first one I put in my body this morning? Don’t get any of the wrong ideas guys… just caffeine. There are few things I delight in more (slash find absolutely necessary to have in my life every day) than a joyous cup of coffee, and that in large part is due to its caffeine content. Caffeine, for all you terminology nerds, is a xanthine alkaloid that acts as a acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. OK, so that basically means it’s a stimulant. It perks you up, helps keep you clear and focused, and if you’re anything like me after three cappuccinos, can make you jittery and energetic.
So there we have it. Below are a few songs I enjoy, ones that I find help me wake up in the morning, put my head in a nice and clear space, keep me tapping my feet in my desk chair, and ward off any yawns or feelings of exhaustion of the moment. So if you’re feeling a little groggy on Monday morning, or start slowing down at work in the afternoon, fill up your favorite mug and press play. I promise you’ll be right as rain in no time.
Good morning! Today’s stories feature Boys Noize, the Great Convergence 2012, the Moogfest 2012 Lineup, Skream Presents Skreamizm, and Rustie’s North American Tour. Please read on after the jump.
Good morning! Today’s news features The Chemical Brothers, Atoms for Peace, BeatauCue, Rustie, Ableton, and Tiesto x Guess. Please read on after the jump.
Trap House is in and there’s no denying it. Fusing Dance elements with Hip Hop sensibilities, Brooklyn’s Baauer is coming onto the scene strong with the Harlem Shake EP, released today on Mad Decent‘s sub-label, Jeffree’s. So far, ‘Harlem Shake’ has been big upped by Diplo, Brodinski, and Flosstradamus, and it was just recently included in Rustie’s Essential Mix on BBC Radio 1. We’re going to be doing a Spotlight feature on this dude soon, so keep your eyes out. Until then, download both tracks off of the EP for free below! √+ Continue Reading
Happy Friday! First, the full EDCNY lineup was announced today (see above). As for the rest of the news, our featured stories include Fatboy Slim, Mike D’s Transmission LA, Rustie, Anonymous, and Native Instruments. Please read on after the jump.