• Madeon makes history DJing at New York Stock Exchange
• Eats Everything announces Edible Tour
• Nile Rodgers working with Tensnake
• Watch Duke Dumont‘s “Need U (100%)” Video
• Richie Hawtin Introduces Traktor DJ For IPad
• Justice unveil new EP details
• Richie Hawtin heads to South Africa for youth social change
• Decibel announces 2013 dates and winter shows
• Symbols Recordings releases previews for Figgy‘s forthcoming For The One EP
• EDC Vegas officially announced with trailer video
• Listen: Full 90-minute Deadmau5 set
• Watch: Flying Lotus creates a new audiovisual show
• Richie Hawtin: “EDM should be retitled Electronic Pop Music”
• Hot Natured debut live show in London
• Above & Beyond release free download
• Benga gets his own documentary
• Zedd defends Bieber’s dubstep effort
• Video: Netsky – We Can Only Live Today (Puppy) (Feat Billie) (Official Video)
• Dance Music Looks Beyond EDM And Hopes The Crowd Will Follow
As North America (the United States in particular) throws more and more money into the burgeoning industry that is dance music, the music itself has seemed to take the backseat in certain instances — notably high priced nightclubs playing the same 40 Progressive House tracks over and over again to a somewhat musically unsophisticated crowd. It’s a natural thing to have happen, however, as the people fueling the dance music economy by spending the most money aren’t the ones drinking PBR in sweaty basements listening to Minimal Techno. But with the increasingly monotonous nightclub DJ set comes a need for the dive back underground. A need for innovation and a fresh wave of creativity. And legendary innovators Richie Hawtin and Loco Dice had this in mind exactly when they decided to launch CNTRL: BEYOND EDM, a unique North American college tour. Continue Reading
It was fleeting like a hot hand at the blackjack table, and just like that we were back home in Los Angeles wondering how a hectic weekend in the desert went by so fast. It was Thursday, and I had the grandiose idea of starting the weekend off by catching Richie Hawtin at Drai’s, a dark club in the underbelly of the Las Vegas Strip that played host to some of the biggest names in Techno over the weekend. Word was he wasn’t starting until 4AM, so that left some time for a quick pitstop at Benny Benassi at the Cosmopolitan Hotel’s Marquee Nightclub. Marquee is what Vegas is all about. Scantily glad girls and even more scantily clad employees, and enough energy in the air to get everyone through till morning even without however many Redbull vodkas they may have in their system. Continue Reading
Good morning! Today’s news features Pendulum, Avicii, Richie Hawtin, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Jakob Liedholm, and EDC. Please read on after the jump.
Happy Friday! Today’s news features Richie Hawtin, Afrojack, Hardwell, Netsky, and Onra. Please read on after the jump.
Good morning! I have a packed morning update for you all to enjoy, so hurry after the jump for the full articles and videos.
3 weeks ago London based Boiler Room took their gear over to Amsterdam Dance Event for an afternoon broadcast from the Minus label. Sets on the day came from Richie Hawtin, Dubfire, Seth Troxler, and Ambivalent, and it was probably the most impressive Boiler Room we’ve seen to date. Take a listen to this recording of Richie Hawtin doing what he does best:
Richie Hawtin from BOILER ROOM at ADE on Vimeo.
Download: Richie Hawtin – Live at Minus Takeover, Boiler Room ADE