Pete Tong & BBC Radio 1 aren’t wasting any time in bringing their legendary broadcasts stateside. First, it was the announcement of a special Essential Mix show featuring Richie Hawtin at Exchange LA on January 22nd, and now Pete is set to broadcast his Friday night show from LA and Miami rooftops in the coming months. For the first broadcast in Los Angeles on January 22nd (10pm-1am UK time, 2-5pm LA time), Pete will be be hosting his show on a rooftop in West Hollywood with gorgeous views of downtown LA, which is the perfect venue for a show that will reflect on the local electronic scene. To sweeten the deal, Pete even invited some special guests to perform, including Eric Prydz, MK (with a special guest), Claude VonStroke, and Richie Hawtin will also be stopping by. More names are expected to be announced during Pete’s Radio 1 show this Friday (1/15).
Part two of Pete’s American broadcast will continue on March 18th during Miami Music Week, and he’ll be accompanied by Radio 1’s Annie Mac and Danny Howard for the special broadcast, as well as some of the biggest names in dance music. Stay tuned to BBC Radio 1 for more details to come.
“I’m very excited about my show coming live from LA on Jan 22nd. Los Angeles has become a creative hub for electronic artists from all over the world during the past few years and California and Las Vegas a hot bed of ground breaking festivals and some of the world’s leading clubs. Bringing the show out of Hollywood and being able to reflect some of the exciting things going on is a great way to start the year.” – Pete Tong
“Individuality and Creativity in Technology-based music.” This is the credo for Richie Hawtins latest college campus tour, CNTRL. The party features some of the heaviest hitters in techno and house music, and is really groundbreaking in terms of what it’s doing for dance music. At the college stops, Richie and his panel of peers have been holding seminars, master classes and technology fairs for anyone interested in attending. This party features sets from Richie Hawtin, Chris Liebing, Victor Calderone, Ean Golden and Lee K, and is truly much more than meets the eye. So, get out to The Hollywood Palladium this Saturday, 4/25.
CNTRL Facebook | Tickets & Info
• Richie Hawtin‘s CNTRL Tour Returns Next Month
• Splash House Returns to Palms Springs (June 13-14 and August 8-9), Announces Pre-Sale Tickets/Hotel Packages
• Recondite Preps New 12″ for Life & Death
• Richie Hawtin announces four-disc ENTER.Ibiza mix
• Apollonia head on North American tour
• Groovefest, a 7 day all inclusive festival in the Caribbean, features Skream, Wolf + Lamb + More
• Pioneer updates rekordbox
• Richie Hawtin says Plastikman album is “imminent”
• Watch a documentary with Eats Everything ‘super fans’
• Download Four Tet‘s Production for Rome Fortune
• The Martinez Brothers & Seth Troxler start Tuskegee Music
• Bonnaroo reveals 2014 SuperJam lineups, and they’re insane
• FaltyDL, Richie Hawtin, and Kode9 among first names for Decibel Festival
• Urulu Readies New EP for Let’s Play House
Richie Hawtin’s legendary Berlin-based Minus imprint takes over Exchange LA this Saturday, with live performances from both Gaiser and Matador as well as a DJ set from Hobo. Be prepared for a night of globally recognized House and Techno from a family of artists that have an ongoing (and much sought after) stamp of Hawtin approval.
Pre-sale tix available HERE.
More event info HERE.
Let Matador’s latest live mix from a gig in Madrid last month catch you up to speed.
Miami’s newcomer, Jordan Postrel, kicks off the GDD™ Guest Mix series in 2014 with an ace offering. Citing influences like Richie Hawtin, KiNK, Hot Since 82, and Claude VonStroke, he emerges out of underground territory that has helped shape his productions into tracks like his remix of The East Flatbush Project’s “Tried By 12,” among others. Postrel now flexes his DJ talent for an engaging 1-hour mix of house and tech-house that serves as an impressive addition to any mix archive.
• Richie Hawtin confirms new Plastikman album
• The xx announce NYC residency
• Salva Readies North American Tour with RL Grime
• Richie Hawtin confirms that his first Vegas solo show has come at the “right time”
• Watch the trailer for the new Swedish House Mafia film
• Max Cooper Shares New Track from Upcoming EP