One of the most exciting acts in dance music, Porter Robinson, has undoubtedly made strides in his career ever since he dropped his Worlds album. Now after an outstanding performance at Coachella over the weekend, he’s quick to the draw with a truly stunning remix of “The Thrill” by Nero, his fellow Coachella counterparts that also played a fantastic set out in the desert. For the remix, Porter traded the gritty bass-driven sounds for something more suitable for his own vibe – an intricate arrangement of ethereal atmospheres, mid-tempo rhythms, and striking, bubbly synths that break through like a bull through the hall.
Tag Archives: porter robinson
• Porter Robinson‘s Worlds to be released on August 11
• Dusky Announce Nine Date June North American Tour
• Download a 19-track folder from Kaytranada
• Daniel Avery announces new single, “Knowing We’ll Be Here”
Porter Robinson nearly broke the internet earlier this month with the release of “Sea of Voices,” which comes as the first single from his much-discussed, DJ-defying album, Worlds, seeing release this spring on Astralwerks. It’s no secret, Porter’s creative process has changed with the production of the new record; producing and composing music that accurately illuminates his personal musicianship and taste rather than fitting the mold, so to speak, and making a record for the big room.
Remixes of the album, however, will surely tell a different story, and today, we’ve been given a listen to the maiden remix from Worlds from buzzing Interscope artist, RAC. Lending his signature Pop-infused sound, RAC uses light, bubbly synths and inviting guitar strums to carry “Sea Of Voices,” removing the M83-esque anticipatory build from Porter’s original while maintaining the integrity of the airy vocal. Listen to the beautiful remix below and pick it up on iTunes today.
• Listen to the first single from Porter Robinson‘s debut album
• T. Williams Shares New Track, Readies Mini-Tour
• No. 19 Music celebrates half a decade with new compilation
• Azari & III announce break-up: “It was heaven, it was hell, and I wouldn’t take it back if I could”
• Porter Robinson: “Main stage dance music has sacrificed musicality”
• Listen to new, untitled material from SBTRKT
• Watch: Porter Robinson‘s up-close rave with 200 super-fans
• Electric Zoo reveals expanded site for 2013
• Listen to Greco-Roman‘s First Label Compilation
• Decibel Festival reveals final line-up
Last summer the trifecta of Porter Robinson, The M Machine, and Mat Zo set out on a 2 month bud tour across North America, unleashing not only a wave of incredible music but also reflecting the energy fused from the 3 acts in unison. This 23 minute mini-doc depicts a great tale of life on the road, how everything comes together and how everything came to be.
ALSO – Big shout outs on this to our dear homies The M Machine on this tour who not only are still doing what we know them best for (5:36 – pedestrians hunting out good coffee) but also show everyone that they are their own roadies in every sense of the duty. PLUS – rockin the GDD shirt @ 9:16! When it all comes together, it made for a memorable summer tour that was like no other for these young and talented individuals.
• Porter Robinson‘s gig gone wrong: “The police are not on your side”
• Four Tet’s “Pyramid” remixed by Atoms for Peace
• House veteran MK intends to release his first solo album this year
• Purity Ring added to the Lightning in a Bottle Lineup
This week brings one of the biggest dance tunes of the moment into Willy’s sights. Porter Robinson and Mat Zo‘s “Easy” gets a total makeover from the ground up. The sample sounds more wistful here, but when Willy’s remix drops, the tune turns into pure bliss. Giant waves of bass wash up against slippery synths and sharp percussion. As with Porter and Mat’s original, Willy’s remix has paid a lot of attention to detail. This sounds equally huge in a big club or in your ipod headphones. Enjoy!
After an insanely successful b2b Poseidon tour with Zedd this fall, young superstar, Porter Robinson, is back with a new mini-tour of North America called Circle Assembly — hitting 4 of the largest markets on the continent in the first 2 weeks of February.
All shows will go on sale this Friday at 12PM local time.Supposedly we’ll be seeing a whole new show with added lights and visuals, so make sure to grab your tickets before they’re all gone.