• BBC Sound of 2014 longlist revealed
• Listen to the Essential Mix from the Warehouse Project
• Burial will release a new EP this December
• Bristolian singer Javeon enlists Julio Bashmore, Two Inch Punch for debut album
• Axwell says there won’t be a Swedish House Mafia reunion (yet, anyway)
• Pete Tong announces new album
• Get the first taste of the new Duck Sauce album on their Essential Mix
• Paul Kalkbrenner preps debut North American solo tour
Everytime I see new material from GDD™ fav, GRUM, my heart smiles a little. Following up his last single, “Everytime,” GRUM is back with another synth-laden beauty which Pete Tong featured on his BBC Radio 1 show this month. The single will be released as an EP on August 26th, complete with a trio of remixes from Russ Chimes, Daniel Trim, and Those Beats. Get a taste with this rip from Pete’s show. √+
Wankelmut is a subtle star. It’s not common for DJs who sell over 1.3 million copies for an official remix on Sony and garner 100 million plays on YouTube to be “behind the scenes” so to speak, but it appears that Berlin-based Wankelmut doesn’t need a Billboard cover or a headline festival slot to keep doing what he loves. Back in January, Wankelmut released “My Head Is A Jungle” featuring Emma Louise, which was championed by Pete Tong and Annie Mac vigorously on BBC Radio 1 in addition to strong DJ support around the world. 8 months later, the big tune will be seeing a re-release on Positiva, featuring the original accompanied by 6 mixes including remixes from MK, Friend Within, Gui Boratto, Solee, and Kasper Bjorke as well as an extended Vocal Mix from the original producer. The EP will be released on September 15th, but until then, stream the MK remix as well as the original below.
• Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Mumford & Sons to Play Bonnaroo
• RBMA New York announce first batch of events and guest speakers
• Skream steps up for All Gone Miami 2013
• Azari & III reworked by Disclosure, Nicolas Jaar, Maceo Plex, and more on remix album
• DJs Play Ball – Miami’s Red Blue Classic Basketball Game
All representatives of the French Express imprint had an amazing year in 2012 — constantly producing jam after groovy jam as well as hitting the road across the globe. This month, 2 of the label’s stalwart producers, Perseus and Jonas Rathsman, were called upon by BBC’s Pete Tong for their hand at an Essential Mix, and the pair took the opportunity full on and curated a tracklist of pure gold. Tons of goodies from French Express, Future Classic, HyperColour, Futureboogie, and a healthy amount from their secret CDR stash. Download below. √+
• Pete Tong announces new All Gone mix CD and Tour
• Chaos, Hospitalizations, Helicopter Mar ‘Haunted Coliseum‘ Rave In New York
• Pacha takes up Sydney residency
• Listen to Jamie xx‘s Remix of Four Tet
• Stream Lindstrøm’s ‘Smalhans’ LP
A few days ago Pete Tong premiered Steve Angello’s long awaited single “Yeah” on BBC Radio 1. And when I say long awaited, I mean loooong. The first time I heard this track was all the way back in February. I liked it back then, but over the months with the added hype and occasional appearance at festivals I’ve become somewhat obsessed. I’ve always had an unabashed love for the more electro-house and progressive genres and this track perfectly nails the energy and driving beat that makes for club anthems. Soon to be released September 29th on Angello’s own Size Records, make sure to check it out and know it’s name, this is one track thats is going to be heard MUCH more in the coming months.
House Music maestros Waze & Odyssey return this fall with another EP out on one of the most impressive new imprints of 2012, Body Work. Turn The Volume On/Rejected will be released September 10th, but it’s already picked up heaps of support including Pete Tong‘s early prediction that it was “set to be a massive track in Ibiza this year” on BBC Radio 1. Soulful, Balearic, and sticking to House roots, this EP from W&O gets full support from GDD™. √+Continue Reading
Two bouncy Holland duos, Chocolate Puma & Firebeatz, have joined forces for a new single due out on Spinnin’ Records July 16th, and it’s already gained massive support and attention from some of the world’s tops including Pete Tong, Axwell, Diplo, and Fatboy Slim. Everyone seems to be begging to get this track to play this summer, but it looks like we’ll have to wait until next month for its release. For now, this great music video will do.