• Coachella announces live stream set times
• Milton Keynes Bowl hosts two-day
Electric Daisy Carnival UK
• Pete Tong‘s All Gone To Sea Plans Revealed
• Edu Imbernon previews new single, “Dalt,”and announces tour
We’re gearing up for our WMC showcase with Sweat It Out! music, and what better than with some forthcoming label fire! The Sydney/LA based duo Playmode have been on the rise following their smash “Ultrasonic”, with support from Pete Tong to Amine Edge, and topping the beatport charts with their collab “Not Hit Enough” with Jesse Rose. They answer back now with a teaser to their NEVER LET GO EP, featuring a soulfully strong house anthem in “Never Let Go” and jackin groove in “Hypnotic”. Listen below, and be on the lookout for these on CLUB SWEAT!
WMC – Don’t miss Playmode @ SWEAT IT OUT! Miami on Tuesday, March 25th!
• Dim Mak producer Sonic C has died
• New LA residencies for Pete Tong and Justin Martin
• Watch Mount Kimbie play ‘Home Recording’
• Pete Tong awarded MBE (Member of the Order of the British Empire) in New Year Honours List
• New Catz ‘N Dogz Label to Release 12″ from A1 Bassline; Preview It Now
• Preview Danny Daze‘s EP on Ultramajic
• Download a New Track from Hudson Mohawke
• Eric Prydz Wins Essential Mix of the Year
• Pussy Riot’s Maria Alyokhina released early from jail
“Shake That” from Marlon Hoffstadt & Dansson was undoubtedly one of the bigger tunes of 2013, so it was a joyous occasion hearing Shadow Child premiere his remix with Pete Tong earlier this week, touching up the original with his sweet, sweet signature sound. No details on release date as of yet, but have a listen to Pete’s premiere via BBC below.
• BBC Sound of 2014 longlist revealed
• Listen to the Essential Mix from the Warehouse Project
• Burial will release a new EP this December
• Bristolian singer Javeon enlists Julio Bashmore, Two Inch Punch for debut album
• Axwell says there won’t be a Swedish House Mafia reunion (yet, anyway)
• Pete Tong announces new album
• Get the first taste of the new Duck Sauce album on their Essential Mix
• Paul Kalkbrenner preps debut North American solo tour
Everytime I see new material from GDD™ fav, GRUM, my heart smiles a little. Following up his last single, “Everytime,” GRUM is back with another synth-laden beauty which Pete Tong featured on his BBC Radio 1 show this month. The single will be released as an EP on August 26th, complete with a trio of remixes from Russ Chimes, Daniel Trim, and Those Beats. Get a taste with this rip from Pete’s show. √+
Wankelmut is a subtle star. It’s not common for DJs who sell over 1.3 million copies for an official remix on Sony and garner 100 million plays on YouTube to be “behind the scenes” so to speak, but it appears that Berlin-based Wankelmut doesn’t need a Billboard cover or a headline festival slot to keep doing what he loves. Back in January, Wankelmut released “My Head Is A Jungle” featuring Emma Louise, which was championed by Pete Tong and Annie Mac vigorously on BBC Radio 1 in addition to strong DJ support around the world. 8 months later, the big tune will be seeing a re-release on Positiva, featuring the original accompanied by 6 mixes including remixes from MK, Friend Within, Gui Boratto, Solee, and Kasper Bjorke as well as an extended Vocal Mix from the original producer. The EP will be released on September 15th, but until then, stream the MK remix as well as the original below.