2015 for Justin Jay has been one for the ages, and he’s rolling on into the last quarter of the year with the wind at his back. Just last Friday, the LA-based producer/DJ took over the BBC Radio 1 airwaves with an after hours mix feature on Pete Tong’s show, which followed the slot helmed by VIVa Music’s Steve Lawler. Throughout the year, Justin has been teasing his new project, Justin Jay & Friends, so not surprisingly, he decided to include a few new unreleased tracks, amongst an array of groovy jams from the likes of Catz ‘N Dogz, Adriatique, Dimitri From Paris, Aroop Roy, and more. Definitely let this mix carry you into the weekend, and if you haven’t been able to catch Justin on his Mom, I Graduated! World Tour, see when he’s coming to a city near you here.
Tag Archives: pete tong
• Pete Tong & Hot Since 82 Drop the “Ibiza 2015″ Double Mix
• 50Weapons Closes Label After 10 Years
• mau5trap Announces the Signing of Matt Lange and his Debut LP
• Preview a New Album from Donato Dozzy
• Michael Brun and Roy English Soundtrack Your Summer With New Single – ‘Tongue Tied July’
• Kraftwerk take their 3D concert to North America this fall
• Aphex Twin releases more tracks on SoundCloud
• Pete Tong To Curate Special Live Orchestra Performance of Dance Classics for BBC Proms
• ANGELZ Releases New G-House Edit Of Wu-Tang Clan
With new festivals spawning in all corners of the United States and abroad, it’s easy for an event to fly under the radar, but San Diego’s CRSSD Festival harnessed our attention with its outstanding music programming, gorgeous venue, and more. After an anxious few months, the long-awaited festival finally descended upon the bay front park, and thousands upon thousands attended to experience a summery soirée helmed by some of the world’s finest producer/DJs and musicians like Maceo Plex, Chromeo, Hot Natured, Robert Delong, GDD™ homies Thomas Jack, Viceroy, Bixel Boys, and SNBRN, amongst others. By now, you’ve probably heard that CRSSD Festival was a great success, but in our minds, it was the perfect way to kick off festival season.
Hear about our experiences on each day after the jump.
CRSSD Festival just keeps upping the ante. Today, they’ve teamed up with the popular file sharing service WeTransfer to give away a bunch of free music. The bundle features mixes from Seth Troxler, Simian Mobile Disco b2b Roman Flugel, J.Phlip, Pete Tong, DJ Harvey, Giraffage and SNBRN, as well as Seth Troxler‘s Meatloaf Recipe. In addition to this gleaming gift comes the announcement of single day ticket sales. The tickets start at $75, which is extremely generous considering the all-start lineup. See you in San Diego!
Download the CRSSD x WeTransfer Media Bundle HERE
Single Day CRSSD Tickets can be purchased HERE
• RÜFÜS DU SOL Announces 15 Stop North American Tour
• Pete Tong to bring ‘darker’ sound to Vegas with residency
• Friends of Friends Details Fifth Anniversary Comp Featuring Shlohmo, Shigeto, Machinedrum, Nicolas Jaar, and More
The deep sounds of Copenhagen’s KANT have landed our favorite remix on Blonde‘s new Higher Ground EP. The uplifting melodic original has summer written all over it, but KANT’s version unleashes all the feels – so much that it landed ‘Pete Tong’s Essential New Tune’ this month on BBC Radio 1. If you don’t already know his production, this track is like the the lovechild of Mark Knight and The Magician. Listen below, and grab it when itdrops on August 3rd.
It doesn’t seem like long ago the veiled producer Zhu surfaced on the web (4 months ago to be exact) and had the net buzzing about his “Moves Like Ms. Jackson” remix, but a lot has been accomplished since then. With four more originals added to his roster, including his recent hit (named Essential New Tune by Pete Tong) titled, “ Faded.” Now, though, the time has come for others to take on the fruits of his labor as official remixes begin to take shape on SoundCloud. Continue Reading
• Coachella announces live stream set times
• Milton Keynes Bowl hosts two-day Electric Daisy Carnival UK
• Pete Tong‘s All Gone To Sea Plans Revealed
• Edu Imbernon previews new single, “Dalt,”and announces tour