• NERO Announce 20 Date North American Tour
• Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival Announces 2015 Dates
• Brand New Blond:ish Album On Its Way From Kompakt
• Nero Unveils Brand New Single, ‘Two Minds’
• Guy Gerber and Miss Kittin partner on Rumors On The Dancefloor
• DJ Sprinkles Believes the Changes to Japan’s ‘No Dancing’ Rule Dismisses Larger Issues
One of the most exciting acts in dance music, Porter Robinson, has undoubtedly made strides in his career ever since he dropped his Worlds album. Now after an outstanding performance at Coachella over the weekend, he’s quick to the draw with a truly stunning remix of “The Thrill” by Nero, his fellow Coachella counterparts that also played a fantastic set out in the desert. For the remix, Porter traded the gritty bass-driven sounds for something more suitable for his own vibe – an intricate arrangement of ethereal atmospheres, mid-tempo rhythms, and striking, bubbly synths that break through like a bull through the hall.
• Nero Returns with New Single, “The Thrill”
• Win Free Tickets to Tensnake, Kevin Saunderson, and Todd Edwards at Avalon Hollywood Tomorrow Night (3/21)
• Seth Troxler Joins Guy Gerber’s RUMORS Records With ‘Evangelion’
• Full details of Matthew Herbert‘s The Shakes emerge
AEI Media, home of several illustrious bass brands like UKF, Drum & Bass Arena, GetDarker and more, are back again for a new This Is Dubstep compilation! The 2013 edition is bursting with heavy bass and dark dubstep and with 35+ tracks and several exclusives it is proving to be one hell of a release!
After the chaos, destruction and delays that the east coast experienced with Sandy, I wanted to reminisce about the fantastic events I saw before the storm and hope that, with power restored and aid dispatched, all these great events can continue. Lets all cross our fingers that this Nor’easter headed our way doesn’t worsen the situation!
• Nero talk new album and working with Skrillex
• Trouble & Bass are “reborn, fresh and ready.”
• Hot Waves Compilation ft. Lee Foss, Alexis Raphael, Richy Ahmed, Miguel Campbell + more
• Catz ‘n Dogz embark on North American Tour
• Monster and Viacom introduce Monster DNA Headphones
• Track of the day: Atlas Genius – Trojans (Lenno Remix)
This week, our buddy Flinch put out a bass-heavy new mix that he curated for Fly Society — featuring a handful of his own originals and collaborations as well as others from head honchos of Dubstep: 12th Planet, Nero, Antiserum, and more. We also just heard that Flinch will be releasing a new EP soon on Scion A/V titled Underwater, so we’ll make sure to keep you updated on that when we can! Download and tracklist below. Continue Reading
Good morning! Today’s news features Bassnectar, Nero, David Guetta, A State of Trance, Live Nation, and monkeys playing with synths. Please read on after the jump.
I wish so badly that I could hop on a plane across the Atlantic for this massive event in Brighton in 2 weeks. Fatboy Slim has curated yet another Big Beach Bootique featuring some of the world’s best talent including Carl Cox, Luciano, Nero, Maya Jane Coles, The 2 Bears, and many more. Tens of thousands are expected to come from all over the world to this monumental two-day event featuring 600 square meters of LED video screens and 385,000 Watts of sound, and we have a pair of tickets to give away to one of you kind folks. Enter to win after the jump! Continue Reading