• Stream Another Track from Flying Lotus‘ ‘You’re Dead!’ LP, featuring Kendrick Lamar
• Ten Walls‘ “Walking With Elephants” gets a video
• Native Instruments Announces Komplete 10, Reveals New Keyboard Controllers
A couple months ago I happened to catch a ridiculous set by Felix Da Housecat at one of Bang On NYC‘s legendary parties. As a budding DJ and self proclaimed tech geek I wanted to know what he was using to mix with and was pleasantly surprised to find that Felix has taken up Traktor. So when Native Instruments reached out to offer me a chance to check out some of their gear, you bet I said yes!
• Case closed on Azealia Banks vs Disclosure “Misunderstanding”
• Four Tet‘s New Album Beautiful Rewind Gets Release Date, Four Tet to Do Eight-Hour Radio Show
• Oneman Readies ‘Solitaire Vol. 2′ Mixtape
• Native Instruments unveil Maschine Studio
• Boys Noize embarks on world tour
• Disclosure and Rudimental nominated for Mercury Prize
• Om Unit Announces Debut Album for Civil
• Native Instruments updates Kontrol S4 ans S2
• Seth Troxler‘s advice on the DJ game: “Don’t be a dick”
• Kraftwerk to begin work on ninth album, Ralf Hütter confirms
• The Do LaB announces official Los Angeles Lightning in a Bottle pre-party
• Native Instruments Unveils Kontrol Z1 for Traktor
• New Order plan new album
• Tensnake unveils new single
• Brenmar Readies New Single for Grizzly, Shares Preview
• Lee Curtiss plans EU Tour
• Native Instruments launch Premium Tube Series
• Track of the day: [French House] Uppermost – Gather
• I Love Techno 2012 is set to be madness with Boys Noize (Live), Vitalic (Live), and many more
• Breakbot‘s first full-length is coming this September
• The Native Instruments groovebox sees several upgrades
• Beats Antique have “a new cinematic, orchestral, and seductively bass heavy EP” and are touring this Fall
Good morning! Today’s stories feature the A-Trak- Diplo-Skrillex collaboration, Axwell, Dillon Francis, The Pirate Bay, & Native Instruments. Please read on after the jump.
Happy Friday! First, the full EDCNY lineup was announced today (see above). As for the rest of the news, our featured stories include Fatboy Slim, Mike D’s Transmission LA, Rustie, Anonymous, and Native Instruments. Please read on after the jump.
On Wednesday Native Instruments launched their hotly anticipated iMaschine; a $5 Apple app and sister product to their vastly popular Maschine. The new iMaschine app offers a string of looping, sampling and effects possibilities from the Maschine enabling you to sketch musical ideas on your iOS device and then upload the resulting grooves as 44.1kHZ 16-bit WAV samples either to your DAW or directly to Soundcloud.
We spent the past couple of days putting the iMaschine through its paces, and what we found most impressive about the app is how pared back it is: it’s a really easy interface to navigate on the fly. While the initial sample library may seem limited (particularly when you compare it to how extensive the Maschine is), NI strike a healthy balance in terms of offering just enough to engage experienced producers, while not allowing the app to be so complex as to confuse those using an interface like this for the first time. What’s more, for those so inclined, the iMaschine gives you the option to buy or upload pre-existing loops, instruments and sample banks from the AppStore or your DAW, which means that the possibilities are endless.
Hear how we got on with the iMaschine after the jump…