• Deep Dish Set To Return In 2014
• Download two Skream tracks made for Youngsta, ‘Problem Dog’ & ‘The Blue Crystal’
• See Moderat’s “Last Time”
Those who heard the sophomore album from supergroup Moderat (Modeskeletor + Apparat) aptly titled, “II,” knew where to be on the evening of August 29th. Club Nokia welcomed Moderat and devotees for a very tasteful affair that brought live instruments in order to recreate the atmospheric album. The intimate experience was nothing short of transcendent. Continue Reading
After the excitement of Friday, Saturday gets even better! Check our top picks for Saturday’s sets after the jump!
• Moderat premieres new track and announces UK tour dates
• Warehouse Project unveils 2013 lineups
• Max Cooper headed to North America this weekend for quick 2-date tour
• FaltyDL Launches New Label, Blueberry, Previews First Release
More from Moderat, the collaborative brilliance of Modeselektor and Apparat, in this first single from their forthcoming sophomore LP. What sounds a bit of a poppier departure for them with the vocals in the beginning is backed by a very Moderaty beat, quickly giving way to the transcendant, poignant atmosphere that never ceases to amaze and induce a cool chill. Can’t wait for more.
• Pretty Lights‘ full album available to stream
• Moderat Talks Collaborative Process and Making of Sophomore LP in New Video
• The Do LaB introduces “In The LaB” Podcast with select Coachella 2013 Performances
• SFX Entertainment reveals plans to acquire Stereosonic
I’m probably going to get a lot of shit for this one. So just as a precautionary disclaimer, I’m not really trying to encompass the infinite realm of what defines “acid” in both musical and personal experience senses of the term. So before you get your panties in a bunch that Phuture isn’t on here or your favorite Plastikman track is missing or one of these doesn’t have an “acid bassline,” just know that I am pulling the typical Burning Man “I don’t know man, you just gotta experience it yourseeeeelf” move and letting you know this is my personal derivative of what, to me, starts to entertain the idea of the drug we like to call “acid.”