After a year long hiatus, it seems French producer/DJ Mustard Pimp is back. And not only is the hard-stepping musician making a return, he’s doing so with a new sound and a new mixtape with which to show it off. Having coined the term ‘neo-gabber’, Mustard Pimp has developed what is best described as an ode to 90′s 160 BPM gabber records – by flipping them on their heads and spinning them into 125 BPM techno gremlins.
Read our exclusive interview about his return to music after the jump, and as a bonus here’s a first look at his brand new mixtape Isometrix 2, which includes a brand new track entitled Kick Back somewhere inside. Where? Well you’ll just have to find out.
You’re looking good out there blogosphere… To get you in the spirit of this Valentine’s Day, This weeks GDD™ Guest Mix comes to your from Chicago’s own Ghosts Of Venice. Just long enough to get your fix, this is 30 minutes of pure baby making music. With classic hits from the likes of Donna Summer, Barry White and more – and every track even has ‘Love’ in its title! How fitting for this romantic edition… now get on the freak train with this one and love someone up the right way.
Happy Valentines <3
1. Donna Summer – Love To Love You Baby (Ben Jay vs. Get Down Edits)
2. Phreek – May My Love Be With You (Joey Negro Tribute To Patrick Adams)
3. Barry White – I’m Gonna Love You (KiMO’s Love Is Here To Stay Edit)
4 Rose Royce – Love Don’t Live Here Anymore (LNTG Rework)
5. Active Force – Gimme Your Love
6. Gayle Adams – Love Fever
Ghosts Of Venice on
It may be still be winter wherever you are, but it’s never too early to jump back into the deep end. With the start of 2014, BONES gives you the 5th installment of THE DEEP END mixtape series, featuring some of my favorites in house, deep, garage, ghetto, tech, booty, and bass line. This full hour is packed with recent and forthcoming release from the likes of Doorly, A1 Bassline, Bixel Boys, Tough Love, Playless, Shiba San, Prince Club & Poupon, Jimmy Edgar, Ruff Hauser, Gorgon City and more. Whether at work or home, drive or flight, starting the night or winding it down… take the plunge and get lost once again kids, I’ll see you on the other side.
TRACK LISTING HERE
O&A, the legendary combination of Louis Osbourne and Jamie Anderson, have been riding steady under the riptide of house music, maintaining the stream of pure, danceable tunes that act as precise club weapons across the globe. I’d expect nothing less of a duo where each of them have lived and breathed music from birth. Their tracks on home label Play It Down are almost confoundingly simply and thusly extremely effective. In cooking, adding fat is said to add flavor, and in the case of O&A it is the same. Fat tracks with a Chicago influence are the bread and butter of house, able to be mixed and added and interpreted by DJs and fans alike.
I’ve managed to catch the fine gentlemen just before the holidays, and since all three of us were feeling generous (tis the season) we’ve managed to package up a lovely little exclusive interview and 70 minute mixtape for your pre-Christmas pleasure. So while you’re on a plane, train, or car to head home for the holidays, press play and bump this away to your heart’s content.
You can check out O&A’s latest EP on Play It Down here: O&A – BASEMENT BEATS EP
INTERVIEW AND MIXTAPE AFTER THE JUMP!
In the spirit of the season, the polar points align as AROD and BONES bring you the 3rd annual HOLIDAZE MIX. This time around we showcase tracks from the likes of Chris Malinchak, No Regular Play, Soul Clap, Hot Natured, Villa, CHVRCHES, Kidnap Kid, Route 94, Amine Edge & Dance, Jonas Rathsman, Mike Mago, and many more. The product is an hour long of soulful grooves that will warm any winter night, whether traveling to loved ones or finding your own path on the mountain slopes, let this be your compass and heartbeat to get you through safe and sound.
TRACK LISTING (after the jump) Continue Reading
Winter is a strangely curious season. The sun retreats to the southern hemisphere more frequently, the darkness consumes you much earlier than you are prepared to accept, and the emotionally numbing temperatures lead you on a search for things that make you feel something more. Someone to share these dark times with, something potent to spark up, or sounds that reach out to your inner being in ways that vivacious summer anthems can not. Tropicool has come to be known for his sensational summer motif but instead steps into his winter onesie to bring you a compilation mix of sounds that are meant to be shared, be it with good company or something rolled up, to help guide you through the winter season. The warm crackle of a fire, a stiff glass of whiskey, the stench of fresh pine, your favorite pair of wool socks, and Long Drags & Winter Shags Vol. 2.
For those looking to reminisce, Volume 1 is also available to stream.
In preparation for his US tour, we here at GDD are lucky enough to have an exclusive promo mix from the groove master himself, Fred Falke. This Friday, Falke kicks off his tour with Private Label @ LURE, our newly-joined weekly event. He’ll be joined by the likes of Du Tonc and our very own Tropicool. The big guy has supplied us (and you more importantly) with an hour-long journey into the nu-disco fast lane. Grab a hold of this mix and hang on tight, and we’ll see you Friday @ the show!
1. Fred Falke – Omega Man
2. flawless / the ones
3. love theme / fred falke
4. dancing on my own( fred falke rmx )/ robyn
5. back to stay / fred falke
6. YSLM / burns X fred falke
7. the young MC(rythm masters rmx) / superfunk
8. last wave / fred falke
9. superlove (fred falke rmx) / lenny kravitz
10. reaching out (fred falke rmx) / nero
11. let it go (the knocks rmx) / dragonette
12. lift / digitalism feat M machine
13. aurora / fredfalke
14. tonight in tokyo feat luca c. (cassius remix) / jamie jones
Fred Falke on
To get on our guest list, please email RSVP@gottadancedirty.com with full names and plusses.
It’s a beautiful Friday no matter where you are today. Why? Because its the weekend, baby. Our good friend and my fellow Dim Mak resident Fashen just released his second installment for his Felicity mix series, an hour long drive into nu disco and indie dance. The tracklisting (below) has an all-star cast of tracks, guaranteed to make this one an essential to get you through the day or start up the night. The weekend is here!
1. Daddy’s Money (Follow Me Remix) – Johnny Stimson
2. Together (Punks Jump Up Remix) – Reflex
3. Midnight (Grum Remix) – Luke Million
4. Hold On, We’re Going Home (TJR Refix) – Drake
5. Mogadisco – JBAG
6. Without You feat. Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs – Dillon Francis
7. On Holiday – Hey Champ
8. Over Your Shoulder – Chromeo
9. De Ja Vu (Luke Million Remix) – Moullinex
10. Moments (Jay Lamar & Jesse Oliver Remix) – The Supermen Lovers
11. Breathe – Anna Lunoe
12. Celebrate – Empire of the Sun
13. Moontan Nocturnal (Grafton Primary Remix) – Crooked Colours
14. Explora – DJ DLG
15. Trying To Be Cool (A-Trak Remix) – Phoenix
16. Melancholia (Kamp! remix) – Rebeka
17. Give You Up feat. KLP (Yuksek Remix) – Le Crayon
18. DNA (Alex Metric Remix) – Empire of the Sun
19. Rollercoaster feat. Sam Frank – Skream
20. See Right Through (Yaaman Remix) – Tensnake Ft. Fiora
21. Romanticise (Gold Fields Remix) – Chela
22. Kaleidoscope (Psychemagik Remix) – Mirror People
23. Git It (Kolombo Remix) – Them Jeans
Like a phoenix rising from its ashes, the third installment of my Haute & Bothered mixtape series has arrived after a year’s hiatus. The aesthetic draws heavily from certain tracks that disavow basic genre umbrellas, and after crawling out of the deep house black hole that I found myself in the last year, it seemed right to enter the autumnal equinox with a grip of new tracks that subscribe to this mantra from the likes of Curses, Canblaster, SCNTST, as well as an original track from myself mixed into the fray.
We present to you the next artist in our GDD™ Guest Mix series… the LA-based Wood Holly offers up over an hour long of thick booty-tech and bass driven house, filled with favorites from the likes of Claude Von Stroke, Salva, Krywolf, Mark Starr & Lux Groove, and forthcoming releases on Perfect Driver, No Brainer, and Main Course. Dig in kids!
1. Wood Holly – Spiritual Gangsta (Original Mix)
2. Claude Vonstroke – The Clapping Track (Original Mix)
3. Wuki – Same Damn Sound (Original Mix)
4. Wood Holly – Bowser (Original Mix)
5. Salva – Drop That B (Original Mix)
6. Lux Groove & Mark Starr – Oscillate (Original Mix)
7. Wk7 – Higher Power (Hardcore Pck Mix)
8. CDBL – That Trick (Mad Villains Remix)
9. Shark Slayer & Say Wut – The Buckhorn (Original Mix)
10. Sluggers – Turbo Fade (Mark Starr)
11. Kry Wolf – Concrete (Woz Remix)
12. Wood Holly – Space Cash (Original Mix)
13, Rich Boy – Throw Some D’s (Jordan Postrel Remix)
14. Travie Bobby – Out The Trunk (Original Mix)
15. Mac Dre – Thizzle Dance (Wood Holly Furly Ghost VIP)
16. Aaron Snapes – Whatcha Wanna Do (Wood Holly Remix)
17. Phrixus – Bring It Back (Original Mix)
18. Wood Holly – Up Hands (Original Mix)
Wood Holly on