Better late than never! The Mexicali boys Thee Cool Cats have been on a warpath of releases in 2014 – this month dropping the massive ZIGZAGS EP on Rob Made’s UK imprint Sleazy G Recordings. The tracks on the EP are already supported by the likes of Amine Edge & Dance, Miguel Campbell, Tough Love and Destructo, while featuring a collab with diamn, edits by Sirus Hood, and the cats themselves… listen below and grab it today on Beatport!
The deeper half of Dave Spoon aka Shadow Child has been on a warpath since his emergence in 2012. With an already incredible roster of production done this year, Shadow Child takes his new remixes for a ride: to the jungle for A-Trak & Zinc‘s “Stingray” and to the deep end for Miguel Campbell‘s new “Rockin’ Beats.” Both out on October 15th – do NOT sleep on these.
• A-Trak & Zinc – Stingray (Shadow Child Remix)Coming out on Fool’s Gold 10.15.12 • Miguel Campbell – Rockin’ Beats (Shadow Child Remix)Coming out on Hot Creations 10.15.12
• Orbital plays live with Stephen Hawking at the Paralympics (above)
• Simian Mobile Disco “Species Out of Control” video – “a mind-bending visual piece”
• Hot Natured delivers “Benediction,” a well-written, groovin’ summer anthem
• Miguel Campbell will embark on his debut US Tour in September
* Track of the Day: jozif – The Guitar Player (Dub Mix)
Good morning! Today’s news includes Bassnectar’s European Vacation, Lindstrøm’s New Album, the Eats Everything US Tour, and Miguel Campbell getting Back in Flight School. Please read on after the jump.
On July 30th, the spectacular Mexican duo, Climbers, released their most recent EP, 2 Come Back— the second release put out on the Los Angeles label, Culprit, after debuting their first EP back in May. “2 Come Back” is a great Deep House track and a product of an obvious industriousness in the studio from Jay Blakk and Kiko Deal. The EP features the original as well as 2 remixes from fellow South American up and comers, Fur Coat, and Hot Creations legend, Miguel Campbell, providing for one hell of a release. Today, the guys have put together a promo mix to accompany 2 Come Back, and it’s just the right temperature to get you through this Wednesday. Don’t sleep on these guys, folks. √+
I’m always a sucker for sweet + sexy female vocals. So naturally this is the second go-round on GDD™ for “Now Now Now” by The Penelopes, which features the seductive styling of female vocalist Laura Kidd. Yesterday we featured The C90s remix of “Now Now Now” on The Dirt #58 (grab the 320 HERE) and today we come across another dazzling remix, this time by UK House master (and one of the GDD™ 2011 Breakthrough Artists of the Year) Miguel Campbell. Check out his smoothed out remix below (complete with a bassline that is straight from outer space). The track also received A-Trak’s stamp of approval on his Fools Gold Radio Mix last month.
Bonus: Check out the original + peep the wonderful video for “Now Now Now” below!
Let the tryptophan soak into your neurons and the music take hold. Take this lazy mixtape straight under the covers and let its funky smoothness warm your soul while you butter those buns. Silky-smooth transitions laced with euphoric tones and sexy vocals make this Gooch tape perfect for the season. Be easy and give thanks. Enjoy and happy thanksgiving.
Gooch Tape Vol. 2 Tracklisting: Psychemagik – Valley of Paradise Quakers & Mormons – New York Town (The c90s Remix) Chris Malinchak – No Secrets Anton Romezz – Marzipan World Tesla Boy – In Your Eyes (Satin Jackets Remix) Walter Sobcek – Miami (Pharao Black Magic Remix) Stacy Lattisaw – Dynamite (Breakbot Edit) Sare Havlicek – Vibe on You Niki & The Dove – Mother Protect (Goldroom Remix) Drop Out Orchestra – It Will Never Be the Same Again Jadoo ft. Hard Ton – Voodoo Love Moby – The Right Thing ft. Inyang Bassey (Cosmonauts Remix) Miguel Campbell – Baby I got It (Edit Murphy Remix) Mario Basanov – Just Think About (Social Disco Club Remix) Christophe – The Force (Julio Bashmore Piano Remix) Alba – Only Music Survives
Today in honor of thanksgiving, we are pleased to give you a special “Dirt” with all the fixings. We decided to give you more than tracks than usual featuring an even wider variety than you’re used to. So please sit back, relax, and enjoy your turkey day.
• Pat Lok – No Shame (Goldroom Remix) A bottle rinses up on the shore. It is filled with euphoria, sunshine, and a crescendo from outer space. Our good buddy Josh (Goldroom) keeps pumping out instant classics that will make your soul glow.
• Luther Vandross – I Wonder (SAH Re-Froth) SAH was foraging in a long forgotten place between space and time and stubbled upon a funky ball of tits. He had the funk, and had to keep the funk alive. It’s the spawn of a new time where light up dance floors glisten off a tan butt poached up on a lengthy pair of stems.