• Maya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
• Listen to Jacques Greene’s ‘No Excuse’, off forthcoming LuckyMe EP
• Javeon is “Intoxicated” in his new track
LA’s genre-bending duo, Vindata, is undeniably on the rise. With an outstanding self-released EP and a handful of remixes already in the bag, the duo has been gaining recognition across the blogosphere for their soulful, melody-rich brand of future bass with pop sensibilities. They now gives us a very diverse guest mix featuring a few of their own tracks, as well as some jams from the likes of Cosmo’s Midnight, Breach, Trippy Turtle, and Dark Sky, amongst others. Keep tabs on Vindata as they are set to release a few remixes/edits, and their …For One to Follow EP is coming on March 4th via Kastle‘s Symbols Recordings.
If your Summertime is filled with naked Sundays, sexy pillowfights, sunbathing topless on an exotic vacation or just feeling sexy while doing (and wearing) nothing at all, then FORTY SEVEN MINUTES IN HEAVEN is the mix for you. From new wave R&B to sunset disco to deep house, this mix will set your Summer mood right. ENJOY…
***Extra special shout out + thank you to:
Stefan Merriweather [http://stefanmerriweather.com/]
Laura Ava [http://instagram.com/laura_ava]
…for their fantastic collaboration on the cover art photo.***
The Brooklynites, Sam Walker & Gavin Royce, have been taking the deep house world by storm with their distinctive productions and groovy sets. In celebration of their hometown gig at Marquee NY this Friday, they’ve given us the exclusive on an outstanding mix featuring selections from Waze & Odyssey, Maya Jane Coles, Breach, and Bonobo, amongst others. Additionally, we had a quick chat with them to discuss a bit about their background, the Brooklyn scene, what fans can expect from their set this Friday, and more. Listen/download the mix below, and find the tracklist, along with the Q&A, after the jump.
Buy tickets to Marquee NY Presents Walker & Royce (7/12) here.
Tonight, some of our favorite women in dance music will be taking the reins at Exchange in Downtown Los Angeles — Magda and Blond:ish. We were able to have a quick chat with the Montreal-born, London-based duo responsible for releases on some of our favorite imprints (Kompakt, Get Physical, Defected) ahead of their set tonight where we touched on their love of 70s psychedelia, how they link up with labels, their Cherry residency, and more. Read on and give a listen to their remix of Maya Jane Coles’ “Everything” out this week…
• Maya Jane Coles‘ album collaborators revealed
• LTJ Bukem puts Goodlooking back catalog on Spotify
• Watch Jimmy Edgar and Machinedrum Talk Music, Collaboration, and More
• DJ Mix: FaltyDL
• Listen: Maya Jane Coles returns to the Essential Mix
• Maceo Plex talks DJ-Kicks
• Watch The Gaslamp Killer‘s new video
• Video: Gorgon City “Intentions (feat. Clean Bandit)”
• Pacha unveils Summer lineup
• Maya Jane Coles‘ debut album out July
• The Do LaB Does Coachella
• Catz ‘n Dogs and Martin Dawson to release album as Different Marks: stream the first track
• Diplo to produce “EDM craze” film
Electropop babe/disco queen Little Boots is taking a ride on the deep house train and who better to co-conduct than Maya Jane Coles and James Ford (of Simian Mobile Disco)? Little Boots, working under the moniker LB, has a new EP out entitlted “Superstitious Heart”. The title track features LB’s vocals over the production work of the aforementioned MJC & James Ford. The result is deep, luscious & hypnotizing.
The slightly techier & equally hypnotic B side, “Whatever Sets You Free”, features the production work of Baunz. The EP also features fantastic remixes by Ralph Lawson & PBR Streetgang.
The “Superstitious Heart/Whatever Sets You Free” 12″ is out NOW. The entire “Superstitious Heart” EP will be released digitally on February 18th via 2020Vision Recordings.
• Maya Jane Coles prepares new EP
• Burial announces surprise new single
• Soul Clap explains Soul Clap Records
• Gaslamp Killer delivers mind-boggling Essential Mix
• Grimes Announces Visions Bonus Discs