• Maya Jane Coles‘ album collaborators revealed
• LTJ Bukem puts Goodlooking back catalog on Spotify
• Watch Jimmy Edgar and Machinedrum Talk Music, Collaboration, and More
• DJ Mix: FaltyDL
• Listen: Maya Jane Coles returns to the Essential Mix
• Maceo Plex talks DJ-Kicks
• Watch The Gaslamp Killer‘s new video
• Video: Gorgon City “Intentions (feat. Clean Bandit)”
• Pacha unveils Summer lineup
• Maya Jane Coles‘ debut album out July
• The Do LaB Does Coachella
• Catz ‘n Dogs and Martin Dawson to release album as Different Marks: stream the first track
• Diplo to produce “EDM craze” film
Electropop babe/disco queen Little Boots is taking a ride on the deep house train and who better to co-conduct than Maya Jane Coles and James Ford (of Simian Mobile Disco)? Little Boots, working under the moniker LB, has a new EP out entitlted “Superstitious Heart”. The title track features LB’s vocals over the production work of the aforementioned MJC & James Ford. The result is deep, luscious & hypnotizing.
The slightly techier & equally hypnotic B side, “Whatever Sets You Free”, features the production work of Baunz. The EP also features fantastic remixes by Ralph Lawson & PBR Streetgang.
The “Superstitious Heart/Whatever Sets You Free” 12″ is out NOW. The entire “Superstitious Heart” EP will be released digitally on February 18th via 2020Vision Recordings.
• Maya Jane Coles prepares new EP
• Burial announces surprise new single
• Soul Clap explains Soul Clap Records
• Gaslamp Killer delivers mind-boggling Essential Mix
• Grimes Announces Visions Bonus Discs
Photo Credit: Kevin Dudelson
35,000 people were on hand this past Saturday to attend the first ever Hard Presents: Day Of the Dead festival in downtown Los Angeles. The lineup was one of the most eclectic we have seen of any Hard Event and we could not wait to see how it turned out.
HARD events first ever Day of the Dead festival is tomorrow. With a monster lineup and Hard’s reputation for throwing some of the best electronic-based events, what is not to like?
There are a few things that we feel all first timers & even seasoned veterans of going to these events in downtown should know.
I wish so badly that I could hop on a plane across the Atlantic for this massive event in Brighton in 2 weeks. Fatboy Slim has curated yet another Big Beach Bootique featuring some of the world’s best talent including Carl Cox, Luciano, Nero, Maya Jane Coles, The 2 Bears, and many more. Tens of thousands are expected to come from all over the world to this monumental two-day event featuring 600 square meters of LED video screens and 385,000 Watts of sound, and we have a pair of tickets to give away to one of you kind folks. Enter to win after the jump! Continue Reading
It’s perfectly fitting that Maya Jane Coles decided to take on this new remix for fellow Londoner Bo Saris‘ latest track, ‘She’s On Fire.’ The femme Deep House producer has started a wildfire in the House and Deep House scenes in the past 18 months, with pristine original productions and edgy, innovative remixes. ‘She’s On Fire’ from Bo Saris evokes a soulful, Motown vibe, with emotional vocals wrapped around a solid, deep groove, and MJC takes it to another level as usual. Grab the single + remix on Beatport on May 21st. √+
Today’s news includes a Justice’s Rock minimix, Madeon’s latest release, Cazzette’s North American tour, and Maya Jane Coles’ Asia tour. Please read on after the jump for the full stories/music.