• Coachella 2013 lineup revealed
• Ultra Music Festival Phase 2
• Crosstown Rebels Celebrates 10 Years with Global Tour
• Claude VonStroke, Justin Martin, Eats Everything, and More to Appear on ‘Dirtybird Players’
• Maor Levi Releases His Remix of The Killers
• Massive Attack announce live collaboration with documentary maker Adam Curtis
Tag Archives: massive attack
• Steve Angello Is Looking Forward to Being Finished With Swedish House Mafia
• Listen: Two-hour DJ mix from Massive Attack
• Nicolas Jaar wins Essential Mix of the Year
• Seth Troxler‘s favorite tracks
Last Saturday, the usual decadent Los Angeles debauchery was put on hold as The Do LaB brought a stellar lineup of Michael Menert, Phutureprimitive, Break Science, and Shpongle to the historic Hollywood Palladium. It was a night that turned out to be an enlightening journey accompanied by an incredible array of music that morphed and transformed perceptions of electronic music’s “status quo.” Read the full details after the jump…
This might be the best giveaway we’ve ever had. One of the world’s leading music companies, EMI, is launching a multi-platform campaign this month highlighting the development of Dance Music over the past 5 decades, and part of their Electrospective project includes two album releases: the first featuring a 15-track compilation difficultly summing up 50 years of the genre (with tracks from Brian Eno to Soul II Soul to Gorillaz), and the second collating 11 rare remixes from EMI artists.
To celebrate the release on October 9th, EMI is giving away a MASSIVE package to one GDD™ reader including:
• 1 Electrospective album
• 1 Electrospective remix album (A collection of rare electronic mixes)
• 1 VINYL bundle with the following titles:
– Daft Punk – Daft Club [Import]
– Daft Punk – Homework [Import]
– David Bowie (UK) – John, I’m Only Dancing 7″ [Import]
– Duran Duran – Duran Duran [Import]
– Hot Chip – Made In The Dark [Import]
– LCD Soundsystem – LCD Soundsystem [Import]
– LCD Soundsystem – Sound Of Silver [Import]
– LCD Soundsystem – This Is Happening [Import]
– Massive Attack – Blue Lines [Import]
– Massive Attack – Protection [Import]
– The Chemical Bros. – Exit Planet Earth [Import]
Information on how to win after the jump! Continue Reading
So many good things come in 3’s. Threesomes, Hanson, Lord Of The Rings, and The Dirt #62. This week, our weekly curation features submissions from 3 of us here at GDD™, including Troy Kurtz, burn unit, and yours truly. I’d say this might be my favorite Dirt in a while, but I’ll let you guys decide. Have a listen below and head over to the GDD™ Facebook page to download the .zip with all of the tracks! Continue Reading
Vinyl collectors listen up! UK legends, Massive Attack and Burial, have recently collaborated on a limited edition 12″ release, featuring Burial’s incredible new takes on ‘4 Walls’ and ‘Paradise Circus.’ As you can imagine, this is no ordinary vinyl release. Pressed on 180g heavyweight vinyl, each of the 1000 records is wrapped in a gold-glitter screen printed sleeve designed by Massive Attack’s Robert Del Naja, and hand-numbered for that extra touch that collectors covet. At over 11 minutes for each song, these two tracks are undoubtedly epics and The Vinyl Factory has done a great job in putting all the pieces together. Pre-order yours at the Vinyl Factory website today.
The Canadian future bass producing duo, Knight Riderz, are making quite the name for themselves in the low end department of electronic music. Unlike their fellow maple leaf brethren, Zeds Dead, they center their style on a mid-tempo, crunked-out sound that is influenced by the punchy beats of hip-hop. If you haven’t heard their album, 12th Dimension, released via Muti Music, you should definitely check it out along with their awesome remix for the new Death of Summer EP of the Venice, California hip-hop duo, King Fantastic. Grab the remix, indulge in some of my old favorites, and keep an eye out this week for some freebies on their Facebook page for reaching 1,000 likes!
• King Fantastic – Locals Only (Knight Riderz Remix) [iTunes]
• King Fantastic – Westcoastsynthesizerbeachbumgangstermusic (Knight Riderz Remix)
• Massive Attack – Teardrop (Knight Riderz Remix) √+
• Radiohead – Street Spirit (Knight Riderz Remix)
Blasthaus is bringing Brazil’s Gui Boratto (Kompact) back to San Francisco’s Mighty this Friday and Gotta Dance Dirty and BandsInSanFran are giving away another set of tickets. First party to email me at tronjeremy at gottadancedirty dot com with their first and last names wins a pair. After you send that email, take a listen to his remix of Massive Attack below.
EDIT: We have a winner! Tickets are still on sale at Blasthaus.com!