• Tiga and Audion reveal new single and joint tour plans
• Flying Lotus on his new album: “It’s like Miles Davis imagining what jazz sounds like today”
• Hear Rustie’s explosive remix of ‘Back Seat Ho’ from Machinedrum’s forthcoming Fenris District EP
• Listen to Samo Sound Boy‘s New “Open” Single
• Download Hudson Mohawke‘s ‘Slow Jams VII’ Valentine’s Day Mix
• Holy Ship festival extending to two weekends next year
• Listen to a New Track from Machinedrum‘s Upcoming EP for Ninja Tune
• De La Soul release entire catalog for free
LA’s genre-bending duo, Vindata, is undeniably on the rise. With an outstanding self-released EP and a handful of remixes already in the bag, the duo has been gaining recognition across the blogosphere for their soulful, melody-rich brand of future bass with pop sensibilities. They now gives us a very diverse guest mix featuring a few of their own tracks, as well as some jams from the likes of Cosmo’s Midnight, Breach, Trippy Turtle, and Dark Sky, amongst others. Keep tabs on Vindata as they are set to release a few remixes/edits, and their …For One to Follow EP is coming on March 4th via Kastle‘s Symbols Recordings.
It’s difficult to master multiple forms of music, but Brooklyn-based Machinedrum is one of those enigmas who has consistently produced quality tunes within the worlds of Jungle, Footwork, R&B, Pop, and more for years. Taking part in successful collaborative side projects such as Jets with Jimmy Edgar, Sepalcure with Praveen Sharma, and Dream Continuum with Om Unit has allowed him to expand his musical horizons as well, all while finding even more time to produce Pop hits for the likes of Azealia Banks and Theophilus London. To say he’s a busy man would be an understatement.
Just this weekend, he was deservedly tapped by Pete Tong for the glorified Essential Mix on BBC’s Radio 1, including a hefty amount of his own material, from solo work to collaborations. Also notable in this selection are unreleased tunes from Machinedrum featuring MASSIVE names like Kanye West, Pusha T, Bun B, E-40, Lil’ Flip (do I need to keep going???). Get ready to move your feet a little bit. √+
Detroit’s Berlin-based Jimmy Edgar is on a mission to manifest dance culture on a level deeper than any bass can drop. Synthesizing his passions for esoteric philosophy and ‘90s club music, Edgar announces a new EP, label launch, and special projects with fellow multimedia mystics Machinedrum and Pilar Zeta.
Read more + listen to the tracks (after the jump) Continue Reading
• Maya Jane Coles‘ album collaborators revealed
• LTJ Bukem puts Goodlooking back catalog on Spotify
• Watch Jimmy Edgar and Machinedrum Talk Music, Collaboration, and More
• DJ Mix: FaltyDL
• SPIN Magazine halts print publication
• Visionquest launch 13
• Benoit and Sergio prepare Hot Creations EP
• Miami’s Mansion Nightclub apologizes for cutting DJ Shadow‘s set short
• Machinedrum: “There’s a lack of underground in the USA but I’m not giving up on it”
Oy oy oy oy oy! Time for my first round of The Dirt and this time I am pairing up with my dear friend from down under, Andrew aka Ubbs from Stoney Roads. I’m sure you’re all aware of the Australian music blog so it’s truly our/my pleasure to have him on board to throw down some tracks for you lot. Feeling very, very UK with this one, be it with British producers or simply the UK vibe. Enjoy.