• Eric Prydz Delivers Debut Mix For Apple’s Beats 1, One Mix
• Maceo Plex announces single ahead of new album
• Flosstradamus & 4AD Team Up For Remix of Fetty Wap’s “My Way”
• Watch Ben Klock And Marcel Dettmann Close Awakenings 2015
2014 was a pretty mental year for dance music, and it warms our hearts to see the sudden explosion of house music catching on here in America. With acts like Disclosure, Duke Dumont, and Clean Bandit getting Grammy nominations, it’s safe to say we’re in for a wild ride in 2015.
Here’s my 60 minute take on the last 12 months that features music from Oliver Heldens, Gorgon City, Maceo Plex and much more.
Best wishes in the new year!
Troy Kurtz | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud
Hot off the release of the super successful “Industry Analysis” and “Day Off” mix, The Interns have granted us one last Christmas wish. Uniting some of the best deep and soulful house tracks the boys could get their hands on, Black Christmas takes the listener on a musical voyage. The 4 minute saxophone intro sets the tone for a unique track lineup, featuring cuts from SOHN, Maceo Plex and many more. Download Black Christmas, strap in for an hour of vibes, and look out for more exciting stuff from The Interns in 2015. Tracklist after the jump!
The Interns Facebook | Soundcloud | Twitter | Download
• Nicolas Jaar‘s Other People gets to Work
• Maceo Plex drops video for “Conjure Superstar”
• Download a New Track from Gold Panda
• Desert Hearts drop exclusive DJ T mix
• Skream Launches New Label; Stream the Inaugural Release from Motions
• Culprit Records Announces Hearts & Roads EP
• Booka Shade Preps New Remix EP Featuring Maya Jane Coles, Shares New Video
• Maceo Plex reveals plans for Kompakt release
After storming onto the scene with his hit release on Hot Creations three years ago, Danny Daze has been a man on a mission. Growing up in Miami and DJing raves before he had a drivers license, his 15 year love affair with electronic music is finally catapulting him to an elite level. Earlier this week, Danny’s Silicon EP dropped on Jimmy Edgar’s label Ultramajic, and it is nothing short of awesomely brash, forward thinking techno. His recent move to Berlin by way of Barcelona after a short stint with Ellum boss Maceo Plex has clearly rubbed off on Daze. Elongated sirens, manic percussion, and transposed vocals are prevalent throughout the EP, while still holding some dance floor sensibility. In conjunction with the release, he also did a mix for Mixmag, where he flawlessly journeys through 74 minutes of white-label rarities and forthcoming gold. Stream both the EP and mix below.
As the holiday season continues to sneak up on us with colder temperatures and earlier sunsets, we’ve got a grip free downloads to keep your spirits up. In this 137th installment of The Dirt, we have an exquisite new edit from Maceo Plex, a 2013 touch up of TLC courtesy of Bixel Boys, a sexy new take on Marvin Gaye from Kygo, electro meets rock courtesy of Coyote Kisses and the very first Golden Pony original.
• Listen: Maya Jane Coles returns to the Essential Mix
• Maceo Plex talks DJ-Kicks
• Watch The Gaslamp Killer‘s new video
• Video: Gorgon City “Intentions (feat. Clean Bandit)”
• Pacha unveils Summer lineup
• Listen to Maceo Plex‘s ‘DJ-Kicks’ Mix
• America’s TomorrowWorld 2013 line-up is taking shape
• SFX’s Shelly Finkel Hints at New Acquisitions With Pete Tong at IMS: ‘What’s Ministry of Sound Doing?’
• “I don’t lose sleep”: In-depth with EDC’s Pasquale Rotella
• James Blake inaugurates the 1-800-Dinosaur label with new single; may be collaborating with Kendrick Lamar
• Maceo Plex goes to the “Galactic Cinema”
• Zombie Disco Squad mixes Classic Through The Eyes Of
• Will Saul to release debut album as Close