• Skream Launches New Label; Stream the Inaugural Release from Motions
• Culprit Records Announces Hearts & Roads EP
• Booka Shade Preps New Remix EP Featuring Maya Jane Coles, Shares New Video
• Maceo Plex reveals plans for Kompakt release
After storming onto the scene with his hit release on Hot Creations three years ago, Danny Daze has been a man on a mission. Growing up in Miami and DJing raves before he had a drivers license, his 15 year love affair with electronic music is finally catapulting him to an elite level. Earlier this week, Danny’s Silicon EP dropped on Jimmy Edgar’s label Ultramajic, and it is nothing short of awesomely brash, forward thinking techno. His recent move to Berlin by way of Barcelona after a short stint with Ellum boss Maceo Plex has clearly rubbed off on Daze. Elongated sirens, manic percussion, and transposed vocals are prevalent throughout the EP, while still holding some dance floor sensibility. In conjunction with the release, he also did a mix for Mixmag, where he flawlessly journeys through 74 minutes of white-label rarities and forthcoming gold. Stream both the EP and mix below.
As the holiday season continues to sneak up on us with colder temperatures and earlier sunsets, we’ve got a grip free downloads to keep your spirits up. In this 137th installment of The Dirt, we have an exquisite new edit from Maceo Plex, a 2013 touch up of TLC courtesy of Bixel Boys, a sexy new take on Marvin Gaye from Kygo, electro meets rock courtesy of Coyote Kisses and the very first Golden Pony original.
• Listen: Maya Jane Coles returns to the Essential Mix
• Maceo Plex talks DJ-Kicks
• Watch The Gaslamp Killer‘s new video
• Video: Gorgon City “Intentions (feat. Clean Bandit)”
• Pacha unveils Summer lineup
• Listen to Maceo Plex‘s ‘DJ-Kicks’ Mix
• America’s TomorrowWorld 2013 line-up is taking shape
• SFX’s Shelly Finkel Hints at New Acquisitions With Pete Tong at IMS: ‘What’s Ministry of Sound Doing?’
• “I don’t lose sleep”: In-depth with EDC’s Pasquale Rotella
• James Blake inaugurates the 1-800-Dinosaur label with new single; may be collaborating with Kendrick Lamar
• Maceo Plex goes to the “Galactic Cinema”
• Zombie Disco Squad mixes Classic Through The Eyes Of
• Will Saul to release debut album as Close
[Photo by Joe Wehner]
Spring can now officially begin. The new aRod SpringGlo 2013 Mix is here to set the mood for the entire Spring season. From deep disco to indie-electro, from big disco to UK + deep house, this mix runs the gamut on all your favorite genres. Lustful, sleazy, bouncy vibes from the MASSIVE track list (incl. Villa, Kastle, Russ Chimes, Classixx, Ali Love & Breach, just to name a few of the fantastic many). ENJOY.
My good friend aRod and I have selected 10 tunes this week for your listening pleasure. We went pretty eclectic as per usual with any Dirt, so download them individually or download both zips for the whole enchilada. Happy Dirt day folks.
<3 J + A
• Calvin Harris confirms new Las Vegas residency
• Nas to headline new dance area at Glastonbury Festival
• Maceo Plex tapped for DJ-Kicks
• Visionquest reveal world tour
• Flume Announces National ‘Infinity Prism’ Tour (Australia)
• Marquee Las Vegas This Weekend
If you’re unfamiliar with Ali Love, then before diving further into this post, I’d suggest first listening to Benediction, last year’s unofficial feel-good anthem of the year. Ali switches over from the Hot Creations camp to the equally reputed Crosstown Rebels imprint for ‘Emperor’. The package includes a dub and two remixes, my favorite of which comes from Ellum front man Maceo Plex, who takes an otherwise good track and catapults it into the ‘timeless’ category. The release is slated for early March, just in time for many a WMC arsenal.