• Listen: Maya Jane Coles returns to the Essential Mix
• Maceo Plex talks DJ-Kicks
• Watch The Gaslamp Killer‘s new video
• Video: Gorgon City “Intentions (feat. Clean Bandit)”
• Pacha unveils Summer lineup
• Listen to Maceo Plex‘s ‘DJ-Kicks’ Mix
• America’s TomorrowWorld 2013 line-up is taking shape
• SFX’s Shelly Finkel Hints at New Acquisitions With Pete Tong at IMS: ‘What’s Ministry of Sound Doing?’
• “I don’t lose sleep”: In-depth with EDC’s Pasquale Rotella
• James Blake inaugurates the 1-800-Dinosaur label with new single; may be collaborating with Kendrick Lamar
• Maceo Plex goes to the “Galactic Cinema”
• Zombie Disco Squad mixes Classic Through The Eyes Of
• Will Saul to release debut album as Close
[Photo by Joe Wehner]
Spring can now officially begin. The new aRod SpringGlo 2013 Mix is here to set the mood for the entire Spring season. From deep disco to indie-electro, from big disco to UK + deep house, this mix runs the gamut on all your favorite genres. Lustful, sleazy, bouncy vibes from the MASSIVE track list (incl. Villa, Kastle, Russ Chimes, Classixx, Ali Love & Breach, just to name a few of the fantastic many). ENJOY.
My good friend aRod and I have selected 10 tunes this week for your listening pleasure. We went pretty eclectic as per usual with any Dirt, so download them individually or download both zips for the whole enchilada. Happy Dirt day folks.
<3 J + A
• Calvin Harris confirms new Las Vegas residency
• Nas to headline new dance area at Glastonbury Festival
• Maceo Plex tapped for DJ-Kicks
• Visionquest reveal world tour
• Flume Announces National ‘Infinity Prism’ Tour (Australia)
• Marquee Las Vegas This Weekend
If you’re unfamiliar with Ali Love, then before diving further into this post, I’d suggest first listening to Benediction, last year’s unofficial feel-good anthem of the year. Ali switches over from the Hot Creations camp to the equally reputed Crosstown Rebels imprint for ‘Emperor’. The package includes a dub and two remixes, my favorite of which comes from Ellum front man Maceo Plex, who takes an otherwise good track and catapults it into the ‘timeless’ category. The release is slated for early March, just in time for many a WMC arsenal.
• Magnetic Man want Eminem on new album
• Listen to Lee Foss‘ Essential Mix
• Maceo Plex to Release New EP via Ellum Audio
• RIP Martin Dawson
It’s funny how certain artists have a knack for reworking/editing just the right songs. “Mediate” by INXS was a segue from their smash hit “Need You Tonight”, a two and half minute track that continued without pause from the big hit but one that I always equally enjoyed and secretly wished were longer. Amazingly enough, I only had to wait 25 years to have that wish granted! Thanks, Maceo Plex – this deep, crisp + moody rework was well worth the wait. This edit is hot sex (even better, it’s FREE hot sex).
Earlier this week, Dirtybird Records aficionado, Justin Martin, was featured on Fabric London’s astute mix series. The seamless mix is everything you would expect from Martin, deep, emotional beats, and intricate yet flawless transitions. With a track list featuring John Talabot, Disclosure, Doctor Dru, Pachanga Boys, and Maceo Plex, Martin’s mix takes me back to the infamous Woogie Stage at LIB, where I had the pleasure to see him and Jessica Phillippe, (the artist formally known as J-Phlip), play mesmerizing back-to-back sets. This is not a mix to sleep on. ✓+
Tracklist + Mix after the jump!