Over the past two years, I’ve had the pleasure of attending The Do LaB‘s famed transformational festival known as Lightning in a Bottle, and each time it was truly an indescribable experience unlike any other. With new dates falling in the heat of Summer and an unfamiliar venue situated in a desert environment, this year’s festival underwent a significant amount of change in certain aspects, but its fundamental anatomy remained as artistic, conscious, purposeful, and spiritually vibrant as ever – exceeding my expectations and providing for yet another phenomenal weekend.
Through hosting an extensive lineup of some of the most in-demand musicians, DJs, speakers, yoga instructors, and artists, among many other performers and participants, Lightning in a Bottle has once again exemplified why it has gained such prestige as a world-class event that draws thousands from far and wide. After the jump, I’ll run through my thoughts on the new venue/atmosphere, my top 3 performances, late-night happenings, other highlights, and some photos to give you a better visual perspective of the festival.
• Bass blockbuster: Skrillex’s Essential Mix is the most-played in BBC Radio 1 history
• Friction for Fabriclive 70
• Lightning in a Bottle supports The Santa Rosa Plateau Foundation and Rainforest Action Network
• Daft Punk “Get Lucky” condoms to be released
• Seth Troxler‘s advice on the DJ game: “Don’t be a dick”
• Kraftwerk to begin work on ninth album, Ralf Hütter confirms
• The Do LaB announces official Los Angeles Lightning in a Bottle pre-party
• Native Instruments Unveils Kontrol Z1 for Traktor
• Hot Chip goes “Dark & Stormy”
• Lightning in a Bottle Presents Lucent Temple of Consciousness Speakers and Workshops
• ‘More Than a Show’ Doc Chronicles Check Yo Ponytail Concert Series
• Stream Leon Vynehall‘s New 12″ for Aus
• Porter Robinson‘s gig gone wrong: “The police are not on your side”
• Four Tet’s “Pyramid” remixed by Atoms for Peace
• House veteran MK intends to release his first solo album this year
• Purity Ring added to the Lightning in a Bottle Lineup
The visionary Southern California music and arts company, The Do LaB, has announced its Lightning in a Bottle 2013 lineup. With a diverse offering of top-tier and emerging talent including Rusko, Nicolas Jaar, Lee Burridge, Emancipator, Kastle, Psychemagik, Jobot, and Odesza, among many others, it is set to be yet another incredible experience supplemented by art, yoga, workshops, speakers, consciousness, and more. For tickets and more information visit lightninginabottle.org.
• Movement 2013, Detroit Electronic Music Festival, Phase 1 Lineup Revealed
• Southern California’s Lightning in a Bottle Arts and Music Festival Announces New Location and New Dates!
• Sound Nightclub announces February parties
• Emancipator releases Dusk To Dawn album
• John Dahlbäck launches his North American tour this weekend and readies new single “Life (Diamonds in the Dark)”
Last Saturday, The Do LaB was at it again with their perfectly executed event complete with amazing artists and a sophisticated, yet free spirited & down-to-earth audience to match. It was one of our most memorable nights of the year thus far, and I’m confident that it will remain so. Please read on after the jump for our story of the night, complete with more exclusive photos that you don’t want to miss.
This Saturday, The Do LaB is bringing an excellent Lightning in a Bottle preview to Los Angeles that is headlined by the innovative live dubstep duo, Eoto. By taking their improvisational expertise from The String Cheese Incident, Michael Travis & Jason Hann bring something completely unique to electronic music that you must see to believe. Along with live painting and support of Bluetech & Pumpkin, it will be a balanced artistic experience, rather than just your typical show. We will be in attendance for the good times and good vibes, so you certainly should be too.
The Do LaB Presents: Eoto w/ Bluetech & Pumpkin @ The El Rey Theatre
@ The El Rey Theatre
► Los Angeles, California
► Show time: 9:00pm
► Age: All Ages+
► Tickets/info: HERE.
► RSVP: Facebook Event
Check out Eoto’s new “Lotus” stage setup after the jump!
Photo by: Alexander Jacob
Good morning! We apologize for the lack of the usual update on Monday that was due to our server being down. Today’s news includes a wealth of information on Avicii, I Love This City Festival (SF/SD), Lightning in a Bottle, The Music Box, Keys N Krates, Justin Martin, Mary Anne Hobbs, Sympho Nympho, SBTRKT, Body Language Vol. 11, & Ibiza 123 Rocktronic. Please read on after the jump.