• Kenny Glasgow leaves Art Department
• Nicolas Jaar Preps His First Solo 12″ in Four Years
• Lightning in a Bottle Presents The Lucent Temple of Consciousness Pre-Event on May 3rd
• Kill Paris Showcases Yet Another Single, “Operate” ft. Royal, From His Debut Album, Galaxies Between Us
• Coachella unveils set times for 2015
• Watch the Lightning in a Bottle 2015 Official Video
• Kölsch Announces New Album, Previews Track
• BETABLOCK3R Releases New Single, “In My Head”
• Flume, SBTRKT, Tycho and RL Grime join over 100 other artists for Do LaB’s Lightning in a Bottle 10th anniversary festival
• The Well x DIRTYBIRD Release Limited Edition Basics Collaboration T-Shirt for Pop-Up Shop Event, & Reveal Lineup for the Afterparty This Sunday
• Daft Punk’s Guy-Manuel De Homem-Christo Has Made Music For New Mike Tyson Film
• Tom Demac Preps New EP for Aus
• Lightning in a Bottle Festival Announces Dates and Location for 2015
• Desert Hearts Announces Spring Festival (March 27-30th), Premieres Recap Video of Two Year Anniversary
• Avalon Hollywood Unveils It’s 2014 Holiday Lineup
• Brodinski to release Brava album in early 2015
• Lightning in a Bottle reveals set times
• Nina Kraviz launches record label, трип
• Verboten Launches Sunday DJ Brunch
Our friends at The Do LaB have announced one of their best lineups yet for their consistently outstanding festival, Lightning In A Bottle. With artists like Moby, Little Dragon, Simian Mobile Disco, Damian Lazarus, Cashmere Cat, What So Not, Thomas Jack, Sweater Beats, DJ Tennis, Russ Liquid and more, this year’s festival is a must for any electronic music enthusiast.
For those of you who are not familiar with this event, Lightning In A Bottle is an internationally renowned transformative experience that fuses music with introspective qualities of installation art, live performance, spiritual workshops, and an overarching embodiment of cultural and environmental consciousness. I’ve attended this festival for the past three years, and it always keeps me coming back for more of its distinctive offerings. Trust me – go this year and you’ll be very happy you did! Tickets here.
Watch the official LIB 2014 video after the jump.
Over the past two years, I’ve had the pleasure of attending The Do LaB‘s famed transformational festival known as Lightning in a Bottle, and each time it was truly an indescribable experience unlike any other. With new dates falling in the heat of Summer and an unfamiliar venue situated in a desert environment, this year’s festival underwent a significant amount of change in certain aspects, but its fundamental anatomy remained as artistic, conscious, purposeful, and spiritually vibrant as ever – exceeding my expectations and providing for yet another phenomenal weekend.
Through hosting an extensive lineup of some of the most in-demand musicians, DJs, speakers, yoga instructors, and artists, among many other performers and participants, Lightning in a Bottle has once again exemplified why it has gained such prestige as a world-class event that draws thousands from far and wide. After the jump, I’ll run through my thoughts on the new venue/atmosphere, my top 3 performances, late-night happenings, other highlights, and some photos to give you a better visual perspective of the festival.
• Bass blockbuster: Skrillex’s Essential Mix is the most-played in BBC Radio 1 history
• Friction for Fabriclive 70
• Lightning in a Bottle supports The Santa Rosa Plateau Foundation and Rainforest Action Network
• Daft Punk “Get Lucky” condoms to be released
• Seth Troxler‘s advice on the DJ game: “Don’t be a dick”
• Kraftwerk to begin work on ninth album, Ralf Hütter confirms
• The Do LaB announces official Los Angeles Lightning in a Bottle pre-party
• Native Instruments Unveils Kontrol Z1 for Traktor
• Hot Chip goes “Dark & Stormy”
• Lightning in a Bottle Presents Lucent Temple of Consciousness Speakers and Workshops
• ‘More Than a Show’ Doc Chronicles Check Yo Ponytail Concert Series
• Stream Leon Vynehall‘s New 12″ for Aus