As we near the end of July, Jonah and I have successfully celebrated both our respective birthdays this month while narrowly avoiding any serious bodily damage to ourselves or our friends (rejoice!) so we gratuitously reward you with 10 high quality MP3′s to download and carry into the weekend and the remainder of your summer.
• City of Miami tries to cancel 2nd weekend of Ultra Music Festival
• Wynn Las Vegas announces lineup of 42 resident DJ’s
• Apparat to Release New Album, Shares Free Download
• Hot Waves 4 announced
• Infected Mushroom FungusAmongUS 2013 Tour
In 2011, Hot Creations label boss Jamie Jones was the undisputed king of the rising deep house field, and here at the tail end of 2012, fellow label mate Lee Foss is hot on his heels with a superb Essential Mix and one hell of a fiery EP.
• Chase & Status are setting up a free school in East London
• MK and Lee Foss to Drop Collaborative EP
• ID&T turn down $100 million
• Scuba Delivers Latest FACT Mix
• Watch the trailer for Watergate’s 10th anniversary documentary
• Nero talk new album and working with Skrillex
• Trouble & Bass are “reborn, fresh and ready.”
• Hot Waves Compilation ft. Lee Foss, Alexis Raphael, Richy Ahmed, Miguel Campbell + more
• Catz ‘n Dogz embark on North American Tour
• Monster and Viacom introduce Monster DNA Headphones
This week’s Dirt is a compilation of many different vibes and grooves brought to you by Burn Unit and me. Although my colleague and I share many of the same tastes for music, we gather much of our new tunage from different outlets, making the combination of our curation a wholesome, healthy platter of solid tracks that we see fit only for GDD™‘s longest standing feature, The Dirt. Have at it and have a great weekend ladies and gentlemen!
DIDDY HOUSE • 11:11 – Tourist Trap (Jamie Jones ‘Miss X’ Remix)√√√+++ [192kbps] Diddy recently completed work on an album with techno guru Guy Gerber under the moniker 11:11 and the remix package for ‘Tourist Trap’ features Visionquest, Soul Clap, this gem, and more. Personally, I think it’s great for the industry that Diddy is on board with such incredibly talented underground artists. Guy is calling the collab the “future of electronic pop.”
There’s really nothing quite like a big room Phoenix remix to generate a little movement in the lumber yard. The GTA boys have had this out for a minute, but just recently made it available for download. Click through to SoundCloud to grab it in all its glory!
NOT SURE WHAT TO CALL IT BUT IT’S GOOD HOUSE • No Body – Start Again√+ Imagine that Bart B More and Benny Benassi had a baby, then that baby grew up and knocked up Dirty South’s baby, and then yeah, you get the point… that’s what this sounds like.
I will always associate any rendition of this song with Mehdi. Pretty much the most absurd tagteam set ever was going down between Boys Noize, A-Trak, Busy P, Riton, Diplo and Mehdi at an Electric Zoo afterparty when one of the guys (I think Pedro) dropped ‘How Deep Is Your Love.’ The place went apeshit, I went upstairs to get a drink, and that’s the last memory I have of DJ Mehdi behind the decks. I’ll never forget that moment… You should click through to SoundCloud and read the description A-Trak wrote for this dub he did. Truly touching. Always remember to keep on smiling. RIP Mehdi.