It’s looking like another massive music weekend in LA, and one of the highlights will surely be the Avalon in Hollywood this Saturday night. Featuring the Repopulate Mars mastermind, Lee Foss, former Art Department co-captain, Kenny Glasgow, Desert Hearts’ Kevin Anderson, and RollingTuff’s Matt Ossentjuk, this party will bring proper house and techno to the infamous Hollywood and Vine dance music institution for revelers who prefer to groove into the wee hours of the morning.
To get you ready for the night, we’ve put together a list of 5 top tunes from Lee Foss and Kenny Glasgow, as well as some bonus material from Kevin Anderson and Matt Ossentjuk to make sure you’re well prepared for the vibes to come. Have a listen after the jump and if you’re feeling lucky, enter to win one of 3 pairs of tickets via our Twitter giveaway.
Tickets are on sale here.
• DIRTYBIRD Campout Announces Complete Lineup for Inaugural
• SoundCloud confirms paid subscription service on the way
• ROOM8 Releases New Jam, “This Place Again” featuring Polina
• Royal‘s Cycles EP Remixed Features Jai Wolf, Hotel Garuda & More
One of the UK’s most exciting labels, Black Butter Records, is responsible for breaking some of the finest dance acts of today, such as Gorgon City, Rudimental, Jess Glynne, Kidnap Kid, and more. As a trusted source of everything from club & festival hits to tasteful, electronic-driven pop, this burgeoning platform is flourishing with an almost cult-like following in the UK and abroad, but especially in United States where their grip seems to strengthen with each release, affiliated artist performance, and label night. As of late, it seems as though they’re amplifying their efforts in the event sphere as they pushed Black Butter Records nights with Gorgon City’s recent tour, and now they’re set to kick up the vibes in Detroit with a massive party at Populux featuring Gorgon City, Kidnap Kid, and underground dons MK & Lee Foss (B2B) as special guests on Monday, May 25th – capping off the Movement weekend.
In celebration of Black Butter’s epic party to-be, we’ve put together a playlist to help get you in the mood for these Detroit happenings, and give you a better idea of what to expect, if you didn’t know already. Enjoy above and grab tickets to the Black Butter party here.
• Jamie Jones and Lee Foss Launch New Label, Emerald City
• Dusky Presents Hits South Beach for Miami Music Week (03/25)
• George Maple Unveils New Track and Tour Dates
As we near the end of July, Jonah and I have successfully celebrated both our respective birthdays this month while narrowly avoiding any serious bodily damage to ourselves or our friends (rejoice!) so we gratuitously reward you with 10 high quality MP3’s to download and carry into the weekend and the remainder of your summer.
Photos by Oliver Correa
After all the great things I heard about Lee Foss‘ sets at BPM, I just had to hit up Verboten last week to see what they had to offer. Catch the review after the jump!
• City of Miami tries to cancel 2nd weekend of Ultra Music Festival
• Wynn Las Vegas announces lineup of 42 resident DJ’s
• Apparat to Release New Album, Shares Free Download
• Hot Waves 4 announced
• Infected Mushroom FungusAmongUS 2013 Tour
In 2011, Hot Creations label boss Jamie Jones was the undisputed king of the rising deep house field, and here at the tail end of 2012, fellow label mate Lee Foss is hot on his heels with a superb Essential Mix and one hell of a fiery EP.
• Magnetic Man want Eminem on new album
• Listen to Lee Foss‘ Essential Mix
• Maceo Plex to Release New EP via Ellum Audio
• RIP Martin Dawson
• Chase & Status are setting up a free school in East London
• MK and Lee Foss to Drop Collaborative EP
• ID&T turn down $100 million
• Scuba Delivers Latest FACT Mix
• Watch the trailer for Watergate’s 10th anniversary documentary