Photos by Oliver Correa
Tag Archives: Lee Foss
• City of Miami tries to cancel 2nd weekend of Ultra Music Festival
• Wynn Las Vegas announces lineup of 42 resident DJ’s
• Apparat to Release New Album, Shares Free Download
• Hot Waves 4 announced
• Infected Mushroom FungusAmongUS 2013 Tour
• Magnetic Man want Eminem on new album
• Listen to Lee Foss‘ Essential Mix
• Maceo Plex to Release New EP via Ellum Audio
• RIP Martin Dawson
• Chase & Status are setting up a free school in East London
• MK and Lee Foss to Drop Collaborative EP
• ID&T turn down $100 million
• Scuba Delivers Latest FACT Mix
• Watch the trailer for Watergate’s 10th anniversary documentary
• Nero talk new album and working with Skrillex
• Trouble & Bass are “reborn, fresh and ready.”
• Hot Waves Compilation ft. Lee Foss, Alexis Raphael, Richy Ahmed, Miguel Campbell + more
• Catz ‘n Dogz embark on North American Tour
• Monster and Viacom introduce Monster DNA Headphones
• Track of the day: Atlas Genius – Trojans (Lenno Remix)
This week’s Dirt is a compilation of many different vibes and grooves brought to you by Burn Unit and me. Although my colleague and I share many of the same tastes for music, we gather much of our new tunage from different outlets, making the combination of our curation a wholesome, healthy platter of solid tracks that we see fit only for GDD™‘s longest standing feature, The Dirt. Have at it and have a great weekend ladies and gentlemen!
• Jeremy Joshua – Thinking About Your Face (Original Mix) √++
I found this funky, sexy gem in a Cajmere mixtape a month or so ago. Released back in May on Detroit’s Sampled Recordings, this jam is a must play if you want to add something fresh and different into a groovier set. Go grab the 320 on Beatport!
• Lee Foss – Happened For A Reason (Original Mix) √+
I dug this out of Daniel Bortz Beatport chart that he made back in April. Lee Foss can honestly do no wrong. Funky bassline with wood blocks? I say yes. Definitely yes.
• Korallreven – As Young As Yesterday (Girl Unit Remix) √+
Throw this on and enter a world of floating and blissfulness. Girl Unit takes the Swedish duo’s original and adds a certain beauty to it that you’ll have to hear for yourself.
BIG ROOM RAVE
• Clockwork – Weaver (No Body Remix) √+
NYC-based Clockwork and I ran a remix competition for his track, ‘Weaver,’ and we received more entries than we knew what to do with. This is the winner. Get it?
• Body Language – You Can (Star Slinger Remix) √+
Sunshine House. It’s exactly what it sounds like. Star Slinger just kicked off his North American tour today, so check his Facebook and see if he’s swinging by your spot.
• Cassius – The Sound of Violence (Franco Cinelli Remix) √+ [192kbps]
So you’ve pulled off the task of getting a lucky someone back to your house after a long day of day-drinking and aren’t sure how to make that first move? Put this song on and let it work its magic. Grab the 320 off Beatport for some extra high quality lovin’.
• 11:11 – Tourist Trap (Jamie Jones ‘Miss X’ Remix) √√√+++ [192kbps]
Diddy recently completed work on an album with techno guru Guy Gerber under the moniker 11:11 and the remix package for ‘Tourist Trap’ features Visionquest, Soul Clap, this gem, and more. Personally, I think it’s great for the industry that Diddy is on board with such incredibly talented underground artists. Guy is calling the collab the “future of electronic pop.”
There’s really nothing quite like a big room Phoenix remix to generate a little movement in the lumber yard. The GTA boys have had this out for a minute, but just recently made it available for download. Click through to SoundCloud to grab it in all its glory!
NOT SURE WHAT TO CALL IT BUT IT’S GOOD HOUSE
• No Body – Start Again √+
Imagine that Bart B More and Benny Benassi had a baby, then that baby grew up and knocked up Dirty South’s baby, and then yeah, you get the point… that’s what this sounds like.
I will always associate any rendition of this song with Mehdi. Pretty much the most absurd tagteam set ever was going down between Boys Noize, A-Trak, Busy P, Riton, Diplo and Mehdi at an Electric Zoo afterparty when one of the guys (I think Pedro) dropped ‘How Deep Is Your Love.’ The place went apeshit, I went upstairs to get a drink, and that’s the last memory I have of DJ Mehdi behind the decks. I’ll never forget that moment… You should click through to SoundCloud and read the description A-Trak wrote for this dub he did. Truly touching. Always remember to keep on smiling. RIP Mehdi.
♥ jonahberry + burn unit
Los Angeles, I can confidently say that this Saturday marks one of the best dance music events to ever happen in this city. Crosstown Rebels, the lauded label run by the mysteriously interesting Damian Lazarus, and Flaunt Magazine are bringing the infamous Get Lost party to the West Coast after multiple successful and wildly hedonistic events during WMC in Miami in years past. With some of the biggest names in the global underground scene, Get Lost LA should be a bequest of auditory knowledge to all electronic music enthusiasts in this city. Find all necessary info below and make sure to read after the jump to see what Los Angeles’ trio, Droog, have to say about Get Lost, the Culprit label, and how Jamie Jones and Lee Foss helped them be where they’re at now.
† Crosstown Rebels + Flaunt Magazine present: Get Lost LA †
► Damian Lazarus, Visionquest (Seth Troxler, Lee Curtiss, Ryan Crosson, Shaun Reeves), Art Department (Live), Deniz Kurtel (Live), Droog, and more
► Saturday, August 27th, 2011
► The Music Box, Hollywood, CA
► 10:00PM – 6:00AM • 21+
► Tickets $20
Check out our interview with these guys after the jump! Continue Reading
Alright, so I feel a bit bad about not posting this one for a bit, but better late than never right? This mixtape made for the Trailer Trash & Dollop Warehouse Party that occurred a couple weeks back in London is one of the best mixes I’ve heard in a long time. Dutch duo, Homework, brings together a delectable selection of prime tracks from Lee Foss, Round Table Knights, Deniz Kurtel, and much, much more. Now represented by Mr. Jesse Rose and the lauded Made To Play label, these guys are sure to make some noise in America soon. Check out their myspace for events in Amsterdam, Belgium, Germany, and Switzerland this April.
01. Lee Foss – Cabin Party – Culprit
02. Marcin Czubala – Stay Close – Mobilee
03. Manik – White Motif (Shur-I-Kan Vs. Milton Jackson Remix) – Dark Energy
04. No Regular Play – Walking (Shaun Reeves Remix) – No.19
05. Vicenzo – The Clearing (Ian Pooley Remix) – Dessous
06. Deniz Kurtel – The L-Word feat. Jada – Crosstown Rebels
07. Belfie & Toche vs. Gabriele Carasco – Mad & Son – Off
08. Camel – Jellyjazz (Mr. Ho Remix) – Blotter
09. Round Table Knights – Paparussi (Album Version) – Made To Play
10. Homework – Whipped Cream – Exploited