• Julio Bashmore Preps New Single with Kowton
• Depeche Mode stream new album ‘Delta Machine’
• SFX announces USA version of Tomorrowland and acquisition of ID&T
• Hear Rustie’s mini-mix for BBC Radio 1, featuring a stash of unheard material
Today we bring you the next round of Rhonda‘s mixtapes from Rhonda’s resident Paradise. A groovy mix full of the feel good, super danceable house that the Rhonda parties are so warmly regarded for, Paradise bangs out a classy and charmed hour of bounce.
In addition, we’ll also be giving away a pair of tickets to the next Rhonda on December 14th with Julio Bashmore (in his first LA appearance), Samo Sound Boy, Paradise, and more. Go over to our Twitter and RT the tweet below for your chance to win. We’ll pick a winner next week!
Nicotine. It’s that tiny chemical that millions crave, the stuff of multi-billion dollar industries fueled by cigarettes and nicorette packs. Many can’t get enough of the stuff, and from a chemical standpoint, it’s easy to see why. Acting mainly as a stimulant, nicotine has a boatload of effects on your nervous system, upping the release of quite a few chemicals in the body. By activating the mesolymbic pathway in the brain (what’s called the “reward system”), nicotine gives users a sense of euphoria and calmness. It also works to enhance alertness and sharpness, along with speeding up metabolism. Sounds great and everything, until you realize the strong addictive properties, difficulty with withdrawal, and potential cardiovascular problems that come with it.
Musical nicotine has all of the benefits of real nicotine without any of the bad stuff! Like people’s common reasons to smoke cigarettes, below are some songs that bring a sort of clear, calm euphoria with them, songs that you can sit outside and have a thought to, or songs you’re just notably addicted to, whether you like that you are or not. Put down your Marlboro’s, put on your headphones. Continue Reading
• A-Trak Announces New EP, Listen to a New Track
• Watch Deadmau5 takeover an entire square in London
• Flying Lotus unveils new video featuring Elijah Wood
• Listen to a New Track from Julio Bashmore
• Todd Edwards puts his entire record collection up on Ebay
• SBTRKT readies live album
• DJ Zinc has announces new EP, Only for Tonight
• Download a New Song from Nicolas Jaar
• Julio Bashmore‘s “Husk” gets a video
• AraabMuzik Taps Diplo, Skrillex for Next Album
• Julio Bashmore heads stateside
• UR1 Festival postponed due to bad weather
• UKF launching in Australia with Benga-led NYD bash
• R.I.P. Brainfeeder Affiliate and Pianist, Austin Peralta
• T.E.E.D. gives away Lunice remix of “Trouble”
• Video: John Tejada “Orbiter”
“What we’re goin’ to do right here is go back…” GDD™ favorite, Julio Bashmore, generously gave away his über-groovy track featuring the famous vocals of Jimmy Castor’s ‘Troglodyte (Cave Man)’ earlier this week. The juxtaposition of Castor’s old school vocals with Julio Bashmore’s signature flute-like sound is pure genius. Add this one to your playlist for Poolside Vibez or Latenight Movers. RIP Jimmy Castor. √+ Continue Reading
The great music in the month of May has led me to the decision of throwing together a chart of my top 10 tracks for your listening pleasure. Variety and quality were of the highest importance while I was making my selections, so grab your headphones or plug into your speakers, you’ll be dancing round the room in no time. Enjoy the chart after the jump!
After producing Jessie Ware‘s latest single, “110%,” the GDD™ favorite, Julio Bashmore, is back at it yet again and stronger than ever. In the midst of all of the musical happenings in his life, he has chosen to start his own label, Broadwalk Records. His first release on the imprint, “Au Seve,” is certainly worthy of the crucial position with a fresh flute-like synth combined with all of the Bashmore bass you know and love. He commented on his SoundCloud regarding the news and said, “Today heralds a new era in the Julio Bashmore chronicles, with a sound that shall echo through the ages…” We can’t wait for the future releases to come! Enjoy the new tune after the jump and look out for it’s release on July 2nd. √+
Good morning! I have a packed morning update for you all to enjoy, so hurry after the jump for the full articles and videos.