• Watch Daft Punk‘s ‘Random Access Memories Unboxed’
• Todd Edwards confirms BBC Essential Mix, with “help” from Daft Punk and Giorgio Moroder
• John Talabot Announces New Single
• Low End Theory to come to London
• Here we go again: DJ Shadow kicked off decks in Miami
• Deadmau5 and Kat Von D get engaged via Twitter
• Listen to John Talabot‘s and Pional‘s Remix of The xx
• Stafford Brothers join Cash Money Records
That’s right, the Waves ≠ Raves compilation is back. Grab a cocktail with Poseidon and let these tropical and smooth selections warm your soul.
“The waves ≠ raves consists of hand-picked gems that inspire us, tickling and tempting our creative juices. Some are old, some are new, but it is what we are listening to now. They are groovey, flowing, and sun-kissed just like that perfect wave. They are uplifting and guaranteed to put a smile on your face. They sound the best with a babe in one hand, a cold brewski in the other, and the sand beneath your feet. Stay Dreamy.”
Tracklisting & Zip After the Jump
• Watch Skrillex & The Doors “Breakin’ a Sweat” Video
• David Guetta on Deadmau5 spat: ‘I don’t just show up and press play’
• Jamie Jones on cracking the Top 40: “This is in no way selling out”
• Q&A: Thom Yorke on Atoms for Peace’s ‘Mechanistic’ New Album
• John Talabot Readies Deluxe Edition of ‘ƒin’
Good morning and happy Friday! Today’s stories include Coachella, Moby, M83, Squarepusher, Electric Zoo, and Jamie xx. Please read on after the jump.
Earlier this week, Dirtybird Records aficionado, Justin Martin, was featured on Fabric London’s astute mix series. The seamless mix is everything you would expect from Martin, deep, emotional beats, and intricate yet flawless transitions. With a track list featuring John Talabot, Disclosure, Doctor Dru, Pachanga Boys, and Maceo Plex, Martin’s mix takes me back to the infamous Woogie Stage at LIB, where I had the pleasure to see him and Jessica Phillippe, (the artist formally known as J-Phlip), play mesmerizing back-to-back sets. This is not a mix to sleep on. ✓+
Tracklist + Mix after the jump!
For the 75th installment of The Dirt, K.M.O.C. and Korbz teamed up to create a playlist worthy of only the most loyal GDD fans. This installment of The Dirt is perfect for anywhere a summer day might take you. Whether that is long naps on the beach, or late nights grooving in the club, The Dirt #75 is an ideal companion for your summer plans.
For the late afternoon starts to the late nights to the early mornings– here’s what gets us up, gets us going, gets us through the deepest of LA weekends.
GDD™ SPOTHEADS.005 (18 track Spotify playlist, 2 hours)
Upon release of his new album, ƒin, John Talabot put together an hour mix for the UK music magazine FACT. It’s very hard to categorize John Talabot’s music into the constraints of a genre as he incorporates Deep House with uplifting riffs, melodic chords with disheveled beats. Though one thing is certain. John Talabot loves using heavy samples, but only to leave the listener questioning what they just heard.
Check out the mix after the Jump! Continue Reading