Yes everyone, this happened. Let Dillon Francis tell you all about it:
“YUUPPP got to do an OFFICIAL remix for JT’s song Suit & Tie!!!! I’m sooooo fucking happy about the outcome of my remix!!! So here is the stream!! RELEASE DATE IS STILL TBA and don’t start yelling at me because Jay-Z vox aren’t in the remix because the Sony said that I wasnt allowed to…..anyways ENJOY”
Alright, so no remix of this song will ever be better than Jay’s original in my mind, but our pals, gLAdiator, from right here in Los Angeles did a pretty damn good job of switching it up — chopping the vocals and throwing in some Trappy snares and hi-hats for good measure. Download this one for free over on the boys’ Facebook.
• Rusko plans to release all of his music for free
• Brodinski pulls out of Hard Day of the Dead
• Jay-Z signs Sander van Doorn to Roc Nation
• Video: Tensnake “Mainline (feat. Syron)”
• Foxes Release FIXYN Remix of their hit song “Echo”
• Alixander III of Azari & III preps solo album
• Ableton Officially Announces Live 9, Unveils Push Controller
Welcome back to our infamous weekly round-up aka THE DIRT, bundling a collection of grade-A tunage to get you through the week or kick-off your weekend! I’m happy to present our 90th edition this week, featuring a collaborative curation of our very own BONES with the one and only Viceroy of powerhouse music outlet VACAY VITAMINS. I’ve teamed up with the SF-based boy wonder to bring you a spectrum of genres guaranteed to put the bounce in our booty. Shall we begin?
We were lucky enough to get back to our roots with Brooklyn-based producer Codes. Cody Murray, aka Codes, is ” reaching back to those golden days of hip-hop and house music. The days where you might sit in a record shop for hours searching for that diamond in the rough. Codes sound is a little disco, a little house, a helping of bass and a lot of love.” Recently signed to dance music heavy weights Craze and Kill the Noise’s Slow Roast label, Codes released his EP Codes House which became an instant hit with track after track finding its way into every dj’s set list. We were able to procure an exclusive interview with the man himself (via GDD street team member Britney Haberl), and also present a GDD premiere remix for Jay-Z & Kanye West’s “Ni**as In Paris” – which was recently featured on Craze’s U-Stream a week ago.
What’s up dirty dancers? I have spent much of this morning reminiscing about how epic Labor day weekend was and in particular the songs that made it that much more memorable. As I traveled through a haze of clubs, bars and pool parties, I was exposed to a variety of different EDM genres which all served their surrounding atmospheres very well. To get you through this week, Tropicool and myself have teamed up to bring you a variety of memorable music that will hopefully put a big smile on your face and a hop to your step.
This one is a dark and pumping monster. With a simple and automated bassline that never gets old, this song just keeps building you up and leaving you wanting more. Maa Bashi has really given us a dark anthem here, seriously get ready to bare your teeth.
If you haven’t already picked up Watch The Throne then I seriously recommend you do so ASAP. For all of you who have not been living under a rock for the last two weeks then you should grab Caligula‘s remix of Ni**as In Paris, it’s pure fire!
It’s pretty much a guarantee that anything Pierce Fulton touches will be huge and his latest remix is no exception. This remix is a further demonstration of Pierce’s progressive genius. Complete with catchy vocal hooks, a unique bassline and those plucks that you know and love, this remix is not one to miss!
• Lifelike – Motion A king of ever-building disco house has released yet another gem. Fast, melodic, full of magical sounds.
• Tyson – Strangers This mysterious man from london has leaked another track on the inter-web. Signature Tyson sound atop some funky chords and riffs. Everything he touches turns to gold while he wears a scary skull mask.
• Kamp! – Cairo (Moullinex Remix) Kamp! has been around for a few years now, first stumbling upon them when they had below 200 song listens on their myspace with the single ‘Breaking a Ghost’s Heart’. I knew this trio from poland would be huge as their new single has just been featured as the opening track on the Magician’s Magic Tape 14.
• Flight Facilities – Feelin’ The B-side to the Foreign Language EP. Groovy old school disco with a touch of modern flair and quite the dancey thump after the drop. Similar to some of Cassian’s older material.
• Doctor Dru & Adana Twins – Juicy Fruit The opening to this song has listeners believing that Biggie is about start flowing, however, that quickly transforms into a sun-kissed summers day where you’ve got a cold cocktail in one hand and a big breasted babe in the other. MMM tasty cakes.