• Coachella Announces Set Times
• Electric Zoo Phase 1 Lineup—Main Stage West & Main Stage East Headliners Announced
• Watch James Blake‘s Video for “Overgrown”
• House talents Eats Everything and Justin Martin “30% there” on a full-length collaborative album
• Bomba Ibiza to host Vagabundos
• James Blake inaugurates the 1-800-Dinosaur label with new single; may be collaborating with Kendrick Lamar
• Maceo Plex goes to the “Galactic Cinema”
• Zombie Disco Squad mixes Classic Through The Eyes Of
• Will Saul to release debut album as Close
Finnebassen, like many others, could not resist the tempting sounds of James Blake and decided to do an edit of the unstoppable track, “Retrograde”. In true Finnebassen fashion, he adds his signature smoothness to “Retrograde” and for nearly nine minutes, makes you feel like nothing else in the world matters except the silky sounds dripping out of your speakers.
Grab the free .wav + melt away….
• Screen collapses at Ultra Music Festival, two workers seriously injured
• Twitter to launch music streaming service, Twitter Music
• Fever: It Was Beautiful. At Least In The Beginning…Before Things Got Out Of Hand
• James Blake goes goth on “And Holy Ghost”
• Jeff Mills collaborates with astronaut on Where Light Ends
• Kingdom Preps New EP for Fade to Mind
• Hear two new James Blake tracks
• Chicago’s Wavefront gives sneak peak of artists • LEME announces 2013 dates and lineup
• Shadow Child to make debut W.A.R appearance
• Psychemagik present Magik Sunrise
• James Blake Officially Announces Sophomore Album; Hear First Single Now
• Beyond Wonderland is back for 2013
• Thom Yorke’s Atoms for Peace announce AMOK launch parties: Actress, Throwing Snow, Shed and more support
• Sasha mixes Involv3r
• Nine Free Tracks In Honor Of J Dilla – Shigeto
• Swedish House Mafia announces One Last Tour dates + More
• Listen to the New Flying Lotus Album
• James Blake Announces UK Gigs and New Releases
• Chugg Entertainment bringing U.S. dance festival, Lights All Night, to Australia
Track of the day: Lapalux – Forgetting and Learning Again (ft. Kerry Leatham)
Round two of Science Sundays is already upon us and what better chemical to bring into the mix than the first one I put in my body this morning? Don’t get any of the wrong ideas guys… just caffeine. There are few things I delight in more (slash find absolutely necessary to have in my life every day) than a joyous cup of coffee, and that in large part is due to its caffeine content. Caffeine, for all you terminology nerds, is a xanthine alkaloid that acts as a acetylcholinesterase inhibitor. OK, so that basically means it’s a stimulant. It perks you up, helps keep you clear and focused, and if you’re anything like me after three cappuccinos, can make you jittery and energetic.
So there we have it. Below are a few songs I enjoy, ones that I find help me wake up in the morning, put my head in a nice and clear space, keep me tapping my feet in my desk chair, and ward off any yawns or feelings of exhaustion of the moment. So if you’re feeling a little groggy on Monday morning, or start slowing down at work in the afternoon, fill up your favorite mug and press play. I promise you’ll be right as rain in no time.
I made my way through Downtown LA’ s Chinatown and into what appeared to be my own personal, dusty, hipster hell– only to be delighted by a gentle and bemustachioed crowd, Goldenvoice’s usual top notch accommodations, and surprisingly chest-ratting bass. I ate well, drank well, caught M83, James Blake and Simian Mobile Disco and made it home happy.
Happy Friday! Today’s news features Justice, James Blake, Soul Clap, Fur Coat, EMI, and Green Day. Please read on after the jump.