• James Blake shares new track, ’200 Press’
• Hear a Track from Theo Parrish‘s Upcoming LP
• Trouw throws 35-hour party ahead of closure
• James Blake debuts ‘Building It Still’ on his Radio 1 Residency
• Salva is releasing the Peacemaker LP on October 29th
• Snowbombing announces first names for 2015
• Skrillex performs with Lauryn Hill, Janelle Monáe, The Doors’ Robby Krieger, everyone else ever at Bonnaroo
• James Blake Talks Progress of Third Album & Possible Collaborators
• Sven Väth is Coming Home
• Drake shares ’0 To 100/The Catch Up’ featuring James Blake
• Listen to KiNK’s Essential Mix for BBC Radio 1
• Tessela returns to R&S with Rough 2
• Listen to James Blake’s Harmonimix of Kendrick Lamar’s “m.A.A.d City”
• Ukranian Producer Vakula Blogs Kiev Unrest On Facebook
• Watch a New Video from Julio Bashmore
• Simian Mobile Disco Teams with Roman Flügel on New 12″
Laura D and Three Wise team up yet again to bring this weeks top picks for the Dirt! Check out some chill vibes from Patchrik, King Thing, Marvin Gaye and Duncan Murray a lil bit of hip-hop from Childish Gambino, Nosaj Thing x Chance The Rapper and uplifting deep cuts from Kill Them With Colour, Kenny Gray and Autograf.
In honor of James Blake winning the lauded Mercury Prize today for his √+ album, Overgrown, we would like to pass along this super hot new “version” from JB of Drake’s “Come Thru.” With acts like Disclosure, Laura Mvula, Jake Bugg, and more on the shortlist for Mercury’s album of the year, James Blake rises to a new level with this prestigious accolade. Congrats Mr. Blake, and thank you for loving Drake as much as we do.
Walter Ego’s new EP on MadTech, the Heaven EP, is out next week on August 5th, and it’s house-y garage-y goodness. The title track opens up the EP is soulful and warm, big garage vibes, bubbly pads, and soft organs in the background. It has a nice little shift towards the end, sharper drums and slightly more aggressive pads take it to an interesting new level. ‘Grab Somebody’ is a little bit more energetic, the combination of jazz-influenced hi hats and cuts of acid with what could almost be a xylophone on the chord progression deliver a fascinating and danceable house tune. The last track Jam Roll (For Love) takes things to a deeper and darker place, much more moody synths and pulsating bass. All three are solid in their own right, MadTech really nailed the choices, making the Heaven EP a memorable listen and a great asset for many a variety of DJ crates.
On Monday I hopped back on my favorite social media platform, Twitter, and got to chatting with MadTech Records (specifically James, who heads the label) and the latest artist on their top-notch and busy release schedule, Walter Ego. The boys and I discuss the artistic process, our influences and current musical explorations, food, and much more. You can check the interview behind the jump.
As the Indio dust is finally settling from two weeks of wind, heat and wild spirits across the polo fields, we look back at our favorite moments of this years Coachella Music Festival. With a staggering artist lineup each day making it almost impossible to catch every set we wanted to see, the most memorable performances are all that stand alone from such an incredible experience in the desert. Here are the “best of the fest” we have to give royalty to… Continue Reading
• Coachella Announces Set Times
• Electric Zoo Phase 1 Lineup—Main Stage West & Main Stage East Headliners Announced
• Watch James Blake‘s Video for “Overgrown”
• House talents Eats Everything and Justin Martin “30% there” on a full-length collaborative album
• Bomba Ibiza to host Vagabundos