If you’re unfamiliar with Ali Love, then before diving further into this post, I’d suggest first listening to Benediction, last year’s unofficial feel-good anthem of the year. Ali switches over from the Hot Creations camp to the equally reputed Crosstown Rebels imprint for ‘Emperor’. The package includes a dub and two remixes, my favorite of which comes from Ellum front man Maceo Plex, who takes an otherwise good track and catapults it into the ‘timeless’ category. The release is slated for early March, just in time for many a WMC arsenal.
Tag Archives: hot natured
• Four Tet releases free album
• Kavinsky set to drop debut album in February
• Joy Orbison makes a trip to North America
• Hot Natured give away track and sign to Pete Tong’s label
• Sonar 2013 announces a batch of new acts, including Karenn, Nicolas Jaar and Gold Panda
UK mystery duo letthemusicplay commenced a new mixtape series in September; keeping with their approach to let the music do the talking rather than their personal statures and previous laurels. Since September, ltmp have made their live debut at SW4 and released their latest single, “& I Love You ft. L-W,” on Hed Kandi, and they’ve made serious headway with the mixtape project, already putting out 4 installments in 2 months. Today, we get to premiere Volume 5 — a short and sweet 30 minute mix featuring golden tracks from the likes of Hot Natured, Disclosure, Groove Armada, and more. Listen below and keep an eye on the ltmp Soundcloud for future additions to the mixtape series.
• EDC Vegas officially announced with trailer video
• Listen: Full 90-minute Deadmau5 set
• Watch: Flying Lotus creates a new audiovisual show
• Richie Hawtin: “EDM should be retitled Electronic Pop Music”
• Hot Natured debut live show in London
“Feel it coming on, I waited for so long…”
AT LONG LAST. After listening to countless set rips, low quality versions and minute & a half previews, “Benediction” by Hot Natured (Jamie Jones, Lee Foss, Luca C, Ali Love) was finally given its proper release this past week. Without a doubt, “Benediction” is one of the top five best songs of 2012. From the moment those opening strings come in to the first breath of ceremonious vocals, “Benediction” becomes one of those songs that consumes your soul and overtakes your life. It’s a beautifully crafted song filled with deep, radiant vibes + soaring, spiritual grooves. Aside from “Latch” by Disclosure, not too many other tracks this year have matched the raw, emotional power and effectiveness of “Benediction”. If “Benediction” is any indication of what’s to come on their upcoming album, then 2013 will surely be dominated by the sounds of Hot Natured.
It’s time to set the mood for the upcoming months with the next installment of my bi-annual/seasonal mixtape series: aRod’s FallGaze 2012 Mix. The mixtape is chock full of lustful indie grooves, steamy disco + deep, sleazy house. Hot tracks from heavy hitters like Anna Lunoe, Disclosure and Van She along with some unreleased heaters from Benoit & Sergio, MANIK feat. Jeremy Glenn and Sure Thing…this mix should keep you warm and electrified from Fall all the way through Winter.
• Nero talk new album and working with Skrillex
• Trouble & Bass are “reborn, fresh and ready.”
• Hot Waves Compilation ft. Lee Foss, Alexis Raphael, Richy Ahmed, Miguel Campbell + more
• Catz ‘n Dogz embark on North American Tour
• Monster and Viacom introduce Monster DNA Headphones
• Track of the day: Atlas Genius – Trojans (Lenno Remix)
• Orbital plays live with Stephen Hawking at the Paralympics (above)
• Simian Mobile Disco “Species Out of Control” video – “a mind-bending visual piece”
• Hot Natured delivers “Benediction,” a well-written, groovin’ summer anthem
• Miguel Campbell will embark on his debut US Tour in September
* Track of the Day: jozif – The Guitar Player (Dub Mix)
What’s up New York?? This weekend’s event roundup is here! See our picks after the jump. Continue Reading