• Guy Gerber and &Me Remix Art Department’s ‘Catch You By Surprise’
• Hideout Festival Reveals 2015 Boat Party Schedule
• Voices From The Lake live album on the way
• Listen to PLS&TY‘s Remix of Mike Posner
• Stream and download Caribou’s live album featuring Four Tet, James Holden, Sinkane and more
• Plastikman releases EX Club Mixes
• Guy Gerber Announces Monthly Residency At Sound
• Time Warp announces 2015 lineup
11 11 rules. We’ve eagerly anticipated (read: tried hard not to give up on ever hearing) more from the duo that is Guy Gerber and Diddy. We’ll never forget their groundbreaking first “Tourist Trap“, and of course, the Jamie Jones ‘Miss X’ remix of it. This little diddy is currently trending its way up the Boomrat charts right up to the top.
Beautiful, haunting electronic music for “demented after hours minds” as Diddy once affectionately stated. At one point he wanted to name the album Ketamine. Never do ketamine. The full length debut is slated for free release this summer.
At once a meeting of two worlds, and yet also a dismissal of those signifiers, 11 11 inverts the recent dialogue between the worlds of hip-hop and electronic music, eschewing simple radio friendly factory fare, for darker, richer, deeper soundscapes. 11 11 is not a project aimed at main-stages and masses, but outliers and after-hours.
• Watch: Diddy + Guy Gerber In Conversation at IMS Engage
• The Do LaB + Lucent Dossier Experience take over the vibe
at Coachella for the 10th year in a row
• Jamie xx Releases New Song “Girl”
• Listen to John Talabot‘s and Jamie xx‘s Lengthy B2B Session from Beats in Space
• Diddy and Guy Gerber’s 11:11 set for release, Diddy originally wanted to call the album Ketamine
• Lone reveals full details of Reality Testing
• A-Trak collaborates with Cam’ron, drops new Duck Sauce EP
• Guy Gerber to launch new label with Dixon collab
• Sampha uploads six early productions for cancer charity
• Guy Gerber announces North American Fall tour
• Mat Zo‘s Damage Control hits #1 on iTunes Dance Chart, Bus Tour in Los Angeles This Saturday
• The Mad Decent Block Party documentary will get you seriously hyped up
After successfully collaborating on Gerber’s acclaimed Fabric 64 compilation, Clarian North (1/2 of Footprintz) called upon the Israeli producer to join him on “Claire” — one of six tracks from his forthcoming Chemical Gardens EP out on Visionquest later this month. “Claire” illuminates the true emotion that can be found in good Deep/Tech House, taking the listener on a poignant journey throughout all seven minutes. A very fitting track for this lovers’ holiday…
Since it’s inception in 2010, Detroit label, Visionquest, has made waves throughout the underground dance community. Founded by the supergroup consisting of Seth Troxler (biggup on getting the #1 spot on the RA Poll today), Ryan Crosson, Lee Curtiss, and Shaun Reeves, the independent imprint has played home to EPs from some of the best names in Deep/Tech House including Benoit & Sergio, Guy Gerber, Tale of Us, and more, but last month saw the first album release as a collaboration between VQ’s Ryan Crosson and Cadenza‘s Cesar Merveille.
In my chat with Crosson about the DRM project, he talks about how the partnership came about, struggling through 27 versions of one song on the album, and how its good to be unrestrained in the studio… Continue Reading
• Dada Life lay down The Rules of Dada
• Loco Dice goes Toxic
• Guy Gerber‘s Steady EP & Tour Dates Announced
• Electric Daisy Carnival‘s Jolt to Las Vegas Economy: $207 Million