Beautiful, haunting electronic music for “demented after hours minds” as Diddy once affectionately stated. At one point he wanted to name the album Ketamine. Never do ketamine. The full length debut is slated for free release this summer.
At once a meeting of two worlds, and yet also a dismissal of those signifiers, 11 11 inverts the recent dialogue between the worlds of hip-hop and electronic music, eschewing simple radio friendly factory fare, for darker, richer, deeper soundscapes. 11 11 is not a project aimed at main-stages and masses, but outliers and after-hours.
• Listen to John Talabot‘s and Jamie xx‘s Lengthy B2B Session from Beats in Space
• Diddy and Guy Gerber’s 11:11 set for release, Diddy originally wanted to call the album Ketamine
• Lone reveals full details of Reality Testing Continue Reading
• Guy Gerber announces North American Fall tour
• Mat Zo‘s Damage Control hits #1 on iTunes Dance Chart, Bus Tour in Los Angeles This Saturday
• The Mad Decent Block Party documentary will get you seriously hyped up
After successfully collaborating on Gerber’s acclaimed Fabric 64 compilation, Clarian North (1/2 of Footprintz) called upon the Israeli producer to join him on “Claire” — one of six tracks from his forthcoming Chemical Gardens EP out on Visionquest later this month. “Claire” illuminates the true emotion that can be found in good Deep/Tech House, taking the listener on a poignant journey throughout all seven minutes. A very fitting track for this lovers’ holiday…
In my chat with Crosson about the DRM project, he talks about how the partnership came about, struggling through 27 versions of one song on the album, and how its good to be unrestrained in the studio… Continue Reading
We promised the start of GottaDanceDirty.tv in the Summer of 2012, and who are we to break a promise?! With a ton of stuff in the pipeline that we are very amped about, it’s time to start bringing you guys some of the stuff we’ve been cooking up over the past months. First we bring you an interview with Techno master Guy Gerber.