Last winter, Electric Paradise attracted over 12,000 attendees for their inaugural festival, and it’s coming back for more on December 19th, along with a great lineup to match. With just over 30 artists set to perform, Electric Paradise has upped the ante and continues to hold the title of being the largest dance music festival in the Caribbean. The one-day festival will include performances from high-profile, main stage-friendly acts such as Skrillex, Diplo, Steve Angello, Porter Robinson, Cashmere Cat, and more, as well as indie-leaning and underground acts like AlunaGeorge, Nicolas Jaar, Guy Gerber, and Hot Since 82, amongst others. Additionally, a grip of local acts like the house duo, Lash, Dav Motta, and more will be rounding it all out to bring vibes cultivated within the Dominican Republic.
Electric Paradise is sure to be a bliss-filled affair, especially with these names on the bill, so treat yourself before the holidays, and grab your ticket here.
Over the years, Clarian has been one of the most consistent producers, releasing quality track after quality track, while sticking to his guns in the underground sphere. His next EP, Fear and Self-Loathing, has been tapped by Guy Gerber’s RUMORS label, and with this first taste, we can see why. “Absence” is a hypnotizing, melodic techno number featuring melancholic undertones that bind the French vocal samples, arpeggiated synths, and the driving, soulful rhythm. Enjoy the track here and pick up the Fear and Self-Loathing EP on October 23.
Well well well, it looks like the Fantastic 4 are real after all! Monkey Safari have paired with some BIG names for the release of their latest remix EP featuring their cosmic new tune, “Walls.” Perfect for staring at the clouds, or you know, generally existing, the German duo delivers a reaffirming anthem to help guide you to the light of the dance floor. The fun doesn’t stop with the Original Mix, though, as three House music heavy-weights interpret the tune to their own taste.
• Guy Gerber and &Me Remix Art Department’s ‘Catch You By Surprise’
• Hideout Festival Reveals 2015 Boat Party Schedule
• Voices From The Lake live album on the way
• Listen to PLS&TY‘s Remix of Mike Posner
• Stream and download Caribou’s live album featuring Four Tet, James Holden, Sinkane and more
• Plastikman releases EX Club Mixes
• Guy Gerber Announces Monthly Residency At Sound
• Time Warp announces 2015 lineup
Beautiful, haunting electronic music for “demented after hours minds” as Diddy once affectionately stated. At one point he wanted to name the album Ketamine. Never do ketamine. The full length debut is slated for free release this summer.
At once a meeting of two worlds, and yet also a dismissal of those signifiers, 11 11 inverts the recent dialogue between the worlds of hip-hop and electronic music, eschewing simple radio friendly factory fare, for darker, richer, deeper soundscapes. 11 11 is not a project aimed at main-stages and masses, but outliers and after-hours.
• Listen to John Talabot‘s and Jamie xx‘s Lengthy B2B Session from Beats in Space
• Diddy and Guy Gerber’s 11:11 set for release, Diddy originally wanted to call the album Ketamine
• Lone reveals full details of Reality Testing Continue Reading