Just when you though one of the best tracks from everyones favorite Parisian was left for dead… our boy Valentino Khan has revived Gesaffelstein’s Bromance monster “Control Movement” and beefed it up for the main stage. Khan toured this year with The Bloody Beetroots and then recently with Skrillex, so this one has been heard far and wide… now its yours for FREE!
Valentino Khan on
• Rejoice, Gesaffelstein‘s debut album is finally here
• Disclosure unveil brand new track, ‘Apollo’
• French Express announce North American tour
• YouTube Close to Launching Subscription Music Service (Breaking)
• Boys Noize Readies Mix Album for Fabric
• Warehouse Project to pilot UK’s first club-endorsed drug testing
• Watch: Gesaffelstein‘s tour-de-force clip for ‘Hate or Glory’
• I Dream of Wires: a Four-hour modular synthesiser documentary featuring Trent Reznor and Gary Numan gets re-press
• Gesaffelstein releases ALEPH tracklist
• Watch: TomorrowWorld 2013 live stream
• Moby to stream Los Angeles show live
• Brooklyn Electronic Music Festival announces lineup
After the excitement of Friday, Saturday gets even better! Check our top picks for Saturday’s sets after the jump!
• Outside Lands 2013 webcast schedule revealed
• Bromance announce American tour
• Seth Troxler opens smoked meats pop-up bar in London, Smokey Tails
• Clubs rally against Russia’s anti-gay law
Gesaffelstein has put thousands of dollars into the music video for his new single “Pursuit” out today on Bromance, and it really shows. The video accompaniment to Gesa’s Techno tune is done impeccably well, creating an interest matched by a simultaneous uneasiness — making it difficult to look away until the very end. Watch it here and pick up “Pursuit” on iTunes.
• Sensation announces dates for its first U.S. tour, The Ocean Of White
• Gesaffelstein releases teaser video for “Pursuit”
• “Why not present it myself?”: Midland opens up about his new label, Graded
Zone Music is a haven for modern Techno. The imprint’s founders, Gesaffelstein & The Hacker, have carved somewhat of a niche alongside their fellow Frenchmen over at Bromance Records, pushing for the cutting edge, bouncy, bassy Techno that we’ve all learned to love. Forthcoming on Zone is a 3-track EP from Maelstrom — a promising young producer from the West coast of France with previous releases on Sound Pellegrino, dirtybird, and BNR Trax. The title track of the Resistance EP that we’re premiering today fuses a love of Detroit Techno fundamentals with a new age French twist, providing for a uniquely indefatigable production. Preview “Resistance” below and pick up the release on May 29th. √+
It’s rather alarming how much being a musician amps up a gentleman’s (or lady’s) “sexiness” level, but there’s no denying it’s true. Musicians have been beacons of much affection for as long as music has existed, perhaps (this is my psych major talking here) because of our innate emotional connection to music, or maybe by some grace of god the handsome gene is connected to the music affinity gene. Who knows. Although I’m more particular to band dudes (drummers, specifically) there’s quite a few devilishly handsome gentlemen amongst the DJ/Producer world that are worthy of the ample female attention they get.
So here we are, as a preliminary chart to GDD’s “Best of 2012″…. Three Wise’s and my list of the “sexiest” artists amongst the electronic sphere. Not only are the below gentlemen considerably easy on the eyes, but their personalities, charisma, wit, and duh, MUSIC all add to culminate what I’d like to call “sexy”. Keep doing your thing, boys. Check out the list all the way to #1 after the jump (my votes in blue, Three Wise’s in red) and let us know where your most handsome DJs rank! -Laura.