• EDC Vegas officially announced with trailer video
• Listen: Full 90-minute Deadmau5 set
• Watch: Flying Lotus creates a new audiovisual show
• Richie Hawtin: “EDM should be retitled Electronic Pop Music”
• Hot Natured debut live show in London
The day has finally come! Flying Lotus‘ second full-length album, Until the Quiet Comes has finally dropped and it has already exceeded my extremely high expectations set by Cosmogramma. The Los Angeles native, known for his genre-bending compositions, has outdone even himself this time; fusing a mixture of hip-hop, jazz, funk, blues, dubstep and psychedelia together to produce an unique cosmic sound. Until the Quiet Comes is a journey. A journey through a psychedelic soundscape that slowly builds on itself with the addition of every new sound and then jerks you back into reality, only to slowly bring you back, note by note. The album offers no dull moments as it continuously stimulates its listener with Flying Lotus’ unparalleled compositions, stunning even the most scrutinizing of ears. Until the Quiet Comes is a real gem; from the dirty low end of Sultan’s Request, the breath-taking change up of The Nightcaller, or the pure and jazzy melodic vibrations of Until the Quite Comes, this album is gorgeous. Until the Quiet Comes may just be my album of the year; I cannot recommend it enough.
Grab what may be this year’s best album after the jump!
• The BPM Festival 2013 Phase 1 Lineup
• Circoloco Closing Party at DC10 Lineup
• Flying Lotus DJ set at Amoeba Music Hollywood today
• Sub Focus new album ‘early next year’
• Dark Sky Readies New EP for 50Weapons
• Tiesto postpones US tour dates
• Deadmau5 Calls New Album Title A ‘Joke That Went Bad’ and mentions big idea for a future release
• A-Trak Is Going on a Tour of People’s Houses
• Flying Lotus to Take Over New York, Los Angeles + Until The Quiet Comes Out on Warp Records Oct 2
• Wolf + Lamb unveil Versus LP
• Swedish House Mafia announces One Last Tour dates + More
• Listen to the New Flying Lotus Album
• James Blake Announces UK Gigs and New Releases
• Chugg Entertainment bringing U.S. dance festival, Lights All Night, to Australia
Track of the day: Lapalux – Forgetting and Learning Again (ft. Kerry Leatham)
• VMA DJ Calvin Harris Nabs Moonman For Best EDM Video
• Flying Lotus’ short film with unreleased tracks
• Las Vegas duo Black Boots signed to Ultra Records
• Ben Klock mixes Fabric 66
• Pioneer announces CDJ-2000 Nexus
• Track of the day: Ellie Goulding – Hanging On (Draper Remix)
Happy Friday! Today’s stories include the Tomorrowland Live Stream, Nocturnal Wonderland Lineup, new Flying Lotus Mix, EDM + Jam Bands, and the Future Classic DJs Compilation.
Good morning! Today’s news features Tomorrowland, Skrillex, Jacques Lu Cont, Flying Lotus, and Fabric. Please read on after the jump.
Happy Friday! Read on after the jump for stories on Tiesto, EDC NYC, Flying Lotus, Hot Chip, & Herve.