The dirty bird brethren Worthy answered the prayers to everyone who loves the wonderfully weird ‘What About Us’ from Flume & Chet Faker but didn’t have a “club ready” version to play out… here’s what he had to say about it:
Little remix I did of Flume’s amazing “What About Us” tune. I have been in love and infactuated with this track for awhile that I decided to give it the Worthy treatment so I could play it in my sets. I hope you dig it as much as I do.
Grab it below for FREE!
• Jimmy Edgar does “Detroit radio circa 1993″ for his Essential mix
• Flume’s new album is “very much underway”
• Aphex Twin Kickstarter campaign raises $67,000
• Mark Ronson on sampling: “You can’t just hijack nostalgia”
The SLO-based duo TastyTreat jump back in the limelight with their new original ‘Nobody Else’ – a melodic bass driven jam that gives off spacey waves and so many feels. If you don’t know what that means then let’s just say fans of Flume, Wave Racer and Cashmere Cat will be ALL OVER THIS. Grab it below for FREE and support these young guns!
• Flume Announces Worldwide Tour & Releases 2xLP Deluxe Edition Vinyl; Shares New Video For “Space Cadet Feat. Ghostface Killah & Autre Ne Veut”
• Simian Mobile Disco to Record New Album WhorlLive in Pioneertown
• Maceo Plex, Dixon, Maya Jane Coles and More Headline DJ-Focused APEX Tour
• Download Motions‘ Synth-Soaked Remix of Samo Sound Boy
• Flume set for collaborations with Skrillex and Major Lazer
• Watch Magda Talk Berlin, Detroit, Richie Hawtin, and More
• Music individuals open lawsuit against SFX Entertainment
• Underworld recruited by Volkswagen to build “intuitive” music software for drivers
• Disclosure and Loco Dice headline Hideout 2014
• What So Not: “Dance Music Is Going To Move Back To A Live Concept”
The massive Deluxe Edition of Flume‘s debut album is now available featuring more treats than you’d know what to do with including this top mixtape featuring tracks from the album along with fresh verses from the likes of Ghostface Killah, Freddie Gibbs, Alexander Spit, Twin Shadow, and more. I love that Flume decided to re-release this album as a massive package. It deserves it. Listen to this √+ mixtape and find the tracklist with all collaborators after the jump.
• Flume to release hip-hop mixtape on album reissue
• “I now work for SFX”: ID&T boss announces 100-percent sale at ADE
• R&S Readies 30th Anniversary Compilation
• Snowbombing announce first names for 2014
• Simian Mobile Disco Readies New EP
• tINI, Crosstown Rebels and Hot Natured take home DJ Awards
• Watch: Flume makes a track with a lighter, robots, a tin can and more
• Soul Clap revisit Nice ‘N’ Ripe
ODESZA, the Pacific North West-based production duo consisting of Harrison Mills (Catacombkid) and Clayton Knight (BeachesBeaches), just released an inventive new EP, My Friends Never Die, as a follow-up to their debut album, Summer’s Gone. Once again, the duo has created a purely original array of sun-soaked, soulful hip-hop grooves accented by glittering melodies and fine tuned vocal samples.
ODESZA now offers up a special GDD™ Guest Mix to supplement their new release. With the inclusion of their own tracks and others from Vindata, TEED, Bonobo, Djemba Djemba, and Kaytranada, among others, they’ve put together some great listening material for you all to enjoy. Listen/download the mix below and check out the tracklist, as well as their new EP, after the jump.