• Listen: Maya Jane Coles returns to the Essential Mix
• Maceo Plex talks DJ-Kicks
• Watch The Gaslamp Killer‘s new video
• Video: Gorgon City “Intentions (feat. Clean Bandit)”
• Pacha unveils Summer lineup
• Tomorrowland 2013 sells out in an instant
• Baauer Explains Azealia Banks “Harlem Shake” Squabble, Working With AlunaGeorge on New EP
• Listen: Tensnake‘s summer-ready new Essential Mix
• Skrillex, Diplo, and A-Trak launch YouTube music network – Potato Will Eat You
• Listen: Eric Prydz steps up again for the Essential Mix
• Insomniac combats ‘deadly mix of drugs and raves’ story
• Rinse FM reveal new radio shows
• Boris Johnson to decide the future of Ministry of Sound this month
• David August to release debut album, Times
All representatives of the French Express imprint had an amazing year in 2012 — constantly producing jam after groovy jam as well as hitting the road across the globe. This month, 2 of the label’s stalwart producers, Perseus and Jonas Rathsman, were called upon by BBC’s Pete Tong for their hand at an Essential Mix, and the pair took the opportunity full on and curated a tracklist of pure gold. Tons of goodies from French Express, Future Classic, HyperColour, Futureboogie, and a healthy amount from their secret CDR stash. Download below. √+
• Steve Angello Is Looking Forward to Being Finished With Swedish House Mafia
• Listen: Two-hour DJ mix from Massive Attack
• Nicolas Jaar wins Essential Mix of the Year
• Seth Troxler‘s favorite tracks
Last month we caught up with Eats Everything in our exclusive interview and the tremendous year he’s been having – as one of our top breakthrough artists from 2012 and a personal favorite of mine, it’s only fitting that he would cap off the year with his studio essential mix debut for BBC Radio 1 (Yes I know he’s done a live one) doing an ‘Edits Everything Special’ of the legendary 2 hour mix series. Educate yourself with some of the best music out there – most of which is from the man himself. Dig in.
In 2011, Hot Creations label boss Jamie Jones was the undisputed king of the rising deep house field, and here at the tail end of 2012, fellow label mate Lee Foss is hot on his heels with a superb Essential Mix and one hell of a fiery EP.
Emerging from what seemed like a production hibernation, the UK electronic wizard Jacques Lu Cont is back on the circuit with a new 3-track EP he gave away to his fans along with a recent debut Essential Mix on BBC Radio 1. The newest track ‘Underground’ is accompanied by a new music video, depicting the high energy of the tune in what makes you literally feel like you’re strapped to the front of a train. So take a ride with Jacques Lu Cont, and grab the track below!