This might be the best giveaway we’ve ever had. One of the world’s leading music companies, EMI, is launching a multi-platform campaign this month highlighting the development of Dance Music over the past 5 decades, and part of their Electrospective project includes two album releases: the first featuring a 15-track compilation difficultly summing up 50 years of the genre (with tracks from Brian Eno to Soul II Soul to Gorillaz), and the second collating 11 rare remixes from EMI artists.
To celebrate the release on October 9th, EMI is giving away a MASSIVE package to one GDD™ reader including:
• 1 Electrospective album
• 1 Electrospective remix album (A collection of rare electronic mixes)
• 1 VINYL bundle with the following titles:
- Daft Punk – Daft Club [Import]
- Daft Punk – Homework [Import]
- David Bowie (UK) – John, I’m Only Dancing 7″ [Import]
- Duran Duran – Duran Duran [Import]
- Hot Chip – Made In The Dark [Import]
- LCD Soundsystem – LCD Soundsystem [Import]
- LCD Soundsystem – Sound Of Silver [Import]
- LCD Soundsystem – This Is Happening [Import]
- Massive Attack – Blue Lines [Import]
- Massive Attack – Protection [Import]
- The Chemical Bros. – Exit Planet Earth [Import]
Information on how to win after the jump! Continue Reading
• Crosstown Rebels celebrate Day Zero in Mexico
• Universal Takeover of EMI Approved by U.S., Europe
• Electronic Music Conference brings together the world’s leading artists, managers, industry, promoters, media and more in Sydney
• Video: Diplo [ft. Jahan Lennon]: “About That Life” - “a kaleidoscopic montage of sun-streaked images”
• Track of the day: [Deep House] dOP feat. Pillow Talk – Your Feeling (Soul Button Remix)
• Major Lazer Push Back Album Release
• Mysteryland 2012 After Movie
• EMI and Future Entertainment partner for new label Future Music
• RA Roundtable: EDM in America
• Track of the day: [Nu Disco] Van She – Idea of Happiness (Robotaki Remix)
Happy Friday! Today’s news features Justice, James Blake, Soul Clap, Fur Coat, EMI, and Green Day. Please read on after the jump.
Good morning, I hope you all had a great weekend! We have another update with a wealth of news concerning Justice on their new album, Dada Life’s live webcast, Fedde Le Grand’s North American tour, the SnowGlobe lineup, a possible Deep Dish reunion, Universal & Sony buying EMI, Daft Punk, and the electronic music scene in Las Vegas. Read more after the jump.
Happy Halloween from GDD™! We hope you had as wild of a weekend as we did, keep an eye out for event reviews this week. We’re back at it again on this Monday and I have news of the Modeselektor/Thom Yorke video, Fatboy Slim on DJing after rehab, Metroplex, Warner Music Group and EMI, Wakarusa Music Festival.