• Listen to the Tale of Us Essential Mix
• Eats Everything Releases ‘Fries With That?’ Mix Compilation on Hypercolour
• Toro Y Moi Plans North American and European Tour
• Eats Everything readies Fries With That?
• Listen to Jon Hopkins‘ Essential Mix
• Joker shares Jennifer Lopez-sampling new single ‘Midnight’
• Eats Everything Dishes Up His “Edible Arrangement” North American Tour
• Bromance to release Homieland Vol.1 in November
• Jerome LOL Shares New Track from Upcoming Friends of Friends Compilation
• Hear Rustie’s sparkling VIP version of ‘Lost’
• Richie Hawtin says Plastikman album is “imminent”
• Watch a documentary with Eats Everything ‘super fans’
• Download Four Tet‘s Production for Rome Fortune
• Listen to Maya Jane Coles‘ brand-new mix for triple j
• Eats Everything celebrates 2020Vision’s 20th birthday with “Adam”
• Watch a short film of studio sessions for Brian Eno and Karl Hyde’s Someday World album
• Move D gears up for North American tour
Justin Martin invades Exchange LA this Saturday for the second round of his residency and this time he brings the UK dirtybird Eats Everything with him for a special 8 hour b2b set! To get you ready for the long haul, we caught up with Eats about WMC and playing with Justin. We also got an exclusive ‘Reebeef’ of his for free download, so read what he had to say and grab the tune below!
Eats’ interview + exclusive download (after the jump) Continue Reading
Here’s a special treat for Los Angeles. As part of his new Exchange LA residency, Justin Martin has invited fellow bird, Eats Everything, for a special, all-night, 8-hour b2b set this Saturday in Downtown Los Angeles. The gents will play from doors at 10PM til the lights turn on at 6AM, making for an unprecedented night of some of the best booty-shaking House music around. Make sure to grab your tickets soon as this one is going to be a packed house.
Pre-sale tix available HERE.
More event info HERE.
Coinciding with the event this Saturday is a brand new EP out on dirtybird yesterday from Justin and Eats titled Hello Mr. Jello, which you can bet your booty they’ll play to the large room of Exchange. Listen below. √+
First they had a feather fight. Then they did what’s known in the industry as ‘the gettup’ and proceeded to tear a hole into 2013… Now San Fran / Bristol’s finest dynamic duo Justin Martin & Eats Everything return with two more beastly jams:
“Steven Jello” takes us on a deep journey into the groove space continuum. Boasting a strutting cosmic bassline, hypnotic percussion, weeping synth flurries and a timeless house vocal shot, it’s Justin and Eats at their most contemplative. Heads down, feet to the floor, get busy… We have no idea who Steven Jello is, but as he’s inspired a tribute like this, we’re already in love with the man.
“Kong” is so monstrous it’ll have you climbing the nearest skyscraper for safety. You’ll be ducking from the groaning, moaning airplanes overhead. You’ll be air drumming to the gargantuan tub-thumping fills. You’ll be shaking your hairy booty to the snake-like percussion. You’ll be pounding your chest to the rusty organ flourishes. You’ll be asking yourself… Where has this tune been all my life?!
Few co-lab projects resonate with such distinctive shared spirit and sonic camaraderie. It’s a shame Justin and Eats don’t live closer together or we’d have an entire album of this high calibre material by now.
LOS ANGELES – Don’t miss Justin Martin & Eats Everything playing a very special 8-hour b2b set on Saturday, April 5th @ EXCHANGE LA!
• BBC Sound of 2014 longlist revealed
• Listen to the Essential Mix from the Warehouse Project
• Burial will release a new EP this December
• Bristolian singer Javeon enlists Julio Bashmore, Two Inch Punch for debut album
• Chromeo reveal new album collaborations
• Eats Everything and Catz ‘N Dogz collaborate on new EP
• Four Tet Gives Away ‘Late Night Tales’ Mix
• Midland hits the US