Here’s the happiest title of a track you’ll hear all week. The driving techno sounds packed inside make me equally as happy. As Dusky gears up to release the forthcoming “Ordinary World” EP, he’s been dropping some gems. The latest, “Parakeet Feet,” features some charming synths, a demonic vox sample, and booming bass. Get psyched for this whole EP to be released July 31st.
The latest track to be debuted from their four-track ‘Ordinary World EP’ (out July 31on 17 Steps), Dusky’s ‘Parakeet Feet’ marks another fresh sound from the diverse duo. Channeling the pair’s love of big room techno, the hypnotic ‘Parakeet Feet’ is built around an insistent and repetitive lead line that morphs throughout the song, as well as the distinctive ‘Talk To Me’ vocals.
Nodding to formative influences such as Underworld, Eric Prydz’s Cirez D alias and Slam, ‘Parakeet Feet’ is match made for the many festival stages that Dusky will be playing across the summer and was debuted on BBC Radio 1 by B. Traits last Friday.
“Techno in all its forms has always featured strongly throughout our DJ sets – as well as productions – and ‘Parakeet Feet’ is our homage to the big, rolling festival variants of the sound. There’s definitely a melodic touch to the breakdown, as with a lot of our tracks, but the overall effect we aimed for was one of intensity and energy” -Dusky
‘Parakeet Feet’ joins the classy, catchy and ambient-influenced ‘Skin Deep’ and mutant 4/4 rave alarm of ‘Jilted’ in tracks that have been premiered fro the ‘Ordinary World EP’, with the quirky roller ‘Squeezer’ still to come.
British duo Dusky have a way with dance music. It seems like everything they release is straight gold. Seems about right, they’ve been at it together since 2011, touring the world and releasing some of the hottest records in the galaxy. Their latest is called “Skin Deep,” and this boy is infectious. Simple progressive melody, soulful vocal samples, and an unmistakable Dusky house vibe will have you dancing the whole way through. Grab it on Beatport.
Dusky Facebook | Soundcloud | Twitter
• Jamie Jones and Lee Foss Launch New Label, Emerald City
• Dusky Presents Hits South Beach for Miami Music Week (03/25)
• George Maple Unveils New Track and Tour Dates
2014 was a pretty mental year for dance music, and it warms our hearts to see the sudden explosion of house music catching on here in America. With acts like Disclosure, Duke Dumont, and Clean Bandit getting Grammy nominations, it’s safe to say we’re in for a wild ride in 2015.
Here’s my 60 minute take on the last 12 months that features music from Oliver Heldens, Gorgon City, Maceo Plex and much more.
Best wishes in the new year!
Troy Kurtz | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud
• Jimmy Edgar Next Up on Fabriclive Series
• Dusky Debut 90’s Rave-Inspired Video for “Yoohoo”
• Mysteryland USA announces 2015 curators
• Hear Another Track from Bonobo‘s ‘Flashlight’ EP
• Listen to Dusky‘s New Track, “Akebono”
• dirtybird Announces “The Yeah / No” EP by Ardalan
• Art Department Unveils New Track “Catch You By Surprise”
• Bandcamp now allows artists to run their own subscription services
• Dusky announces new single and all-night long London show
• Caribou enters UK album charts with Our Love
• Barnt Readies 12″ for Hinge Finger
UK duo Dusky have taken it one deeper with their latest production, “4T4″, and after listening to the song all I want to do is fly away to some jungle and dance naked in the trees and never come back from the mystical land of where “4T4″ took me.
The track is beautiful, lush and entrancing – with hypnotic pads, chilling vocals, and a knocking bassline. “4T4″ will appear on the forthcoming Anjunadeep mix cd due out on August 25th. Check the rest of the tracklisting after the jump.
• Rudimental confirm new album will be out this year
• Para One Readies New LP for Marble
• Dusky Streams Title Track from Upcoming EP, Announces More International Tour Dates
• Death From Above 1979 to release first album since 2004 debut, The Physical World
• Porter Robinson‘s Worlds to be released on August 11
• Dusky Announce Nine Date June North American Tour
• Download a 19-track folder from Kaytranada
• Daniel Avery announces new single, “Knowing We’ll Be Here”