• Jamie Jones and Lee Foss Launch New Label, Emerald City
• Dusky Presents Hits South Beach for Miami Music Week (03/25)
• George Maple Unveils New Track and Tour Dates
2014 was a pretty mental year for dance music, and it warms our hearts to see the sudden explosion of house music catching on here in America. With acts like Disclosure, Duke Dumont, and Clean Bandit getting Grammy nominations, it’s safe to say we’re in for a wild ride in 2015.
Here’s my 60 minute take on the last 12 months that features music from Oliver Heldens, Gorgon City, Maceo Plex and much more.
Best wishes in the new year!
Troy Kurtz | Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud
• Jimmy Edgar Next Up on Fabriclive Series
• Dusky Debut 90’s Rave-Inspired Video for “Yoohoo”
• Mysteryland USA announces 2015 curators
• Hear Another Track from Bonobo‘s ‘Flashlight’ EP
• Listen to Dusky‘s New Track, “Akebono”
• dirtybird Announces “The Yeah / No” EP by Ardalan
• Art Department Unveils New Track “Catch You By Surprise”
• Bandcamp now allows artists to run their own subscription services
• Dusky announces new single and all-night long London show
• Caribou enters UK album charts with Our Love
• Barnt Readies 12″ for Hinge Finger
UK duo Dusky have taken it one deeper with their latest production, “4T4″, and after listening to the song all I want to do is fly away to some jungle and dance naked in the trees and never come back from the mystical land of where “4T4″ took me.
The track is beautiful, lush and entrancing – with hypnotic pads, chilling vocals, and a knocking bassline. “4T4″ will appear on the forthcoming Anjunadeep mix cd due out on August 25th. Check the rest of the tracklisting after the jump.
• Rudimental confirm new album will be out this year
• Para One Readies New LP for Marble
• Dusky Streams Title Track from Upcoming EP, Announces More International Tour Dates
• Death From Above 1979 to release first album since 2004 debut, The Physical World
• Porter Robinson‘s Worlds to be released on August 11
• Dusky Announce Nine Date June North American Tour
• Download a 19-track folder from Kaytranada
• Daniel Avery announces new single, “Knowing We’ll Be Here”
• Dusky Announce Dusky presents Miami Show and 7-date March USA tour
• Mysteryland‘s U.S. Festival, At the Site of the Original Woodstock, Announces Full music and Creative Lineup
• The inaugural Low End Theory Festival announces lineup, location
LA’s Dr. Fresch has been cultivating a strong online presence with his catchy bass-driven productions, while running his own label, Prep School Recordings, that is becoming a hub for emerging talent. With a diverse style ranging from chilled-out trap to disco and deep house, he draws upon a medley of influences to manifest his genre-fusing sound that has won him top spots on the Hype Machine and Billboard’s Next Big Sound. In his guest mix, Dr. Fresch weaves through club-ready floor fillers, like his latest track, “You’re My Obsession” ft. Nate Dogg & Animotion, Dusky’s “Careless,” and Tchami’s A Tribe Called Quest remix, before slowly dropping the tempo for a smooth, vibey finish.
Apart from his mix, we were able to catch up with Dr. Fresch about his latest single, LA’s influence on his music, plans for Prep School Recordings, and his own future musical endeavors. Read the full interview and check out the tracklist for the mix after the jump.