UK duo Dusky have taken it one deeper with their latest production, “4T4″, and after listening to the song all I want to do is fly away to some jungle and dance naked in the trees and never come back from the mystical land of where “4T4″ took me.
The track is beautiful, lush and entrancing – with hypnotic pads, chilling vocals, and a knocking bassline. “4T4″ will appear on the forthcoming Anjunadeep mix cd due out on August 25th. Check the rest of the tracklisting after the jump.
• Rudimental confirm new album will be out this year
• Para One Readies New LP for Marble
• Dusky Streams Title Track from Upcoming EP, Announces More International Tour Dates
• Death From Above 1979 to release first album since 2004 debut, The Physical World
• Porter Robinson‘s Worlds to be released on August 11
• Dusky Announce Nine Date June North American Tour
• Download a 19-track folder from Kaytranada
• Daniel Avery announces new single, “Knowing We’ll Be Here”
• Dusky Announce Dusky presents Miami Show and 7-date March USA tour
• Mysteryland‘s U.S. Festival, At the Site of the Original Woodstock, Announces Full music and Creative Lineup
• The inaugural Low End Theory Festival announces lineup, location
LA’s Dr. Fresch has been cultivating a strong online presence with his catchy bass-driven productions, while running his own label, Prep School Recordings, that is becoming a hub for emerging talent. With a diverse style ranging from chilled-out trap to disco and deep house, he draws upon a medley of influences to manifest his genre-fusing sound that has won him top spots on the Hype Machine and Billboard’s Next Big Sound. In his guest mix, Dr. Fresch weaves through club-ready floor fillers, like his latest track, “You’re My Obsession” ft. Nate Dogg & Animotion, Dusky’s “Careless,” and Tchami’s A Tribe Called Quest remix, before slowly dropping the tempo for a smooth, vibey finish.
Apart from his mix, we were able to catch up with Dr. Fresch about his latest single, LA’s influence on his music, plans for Prep School Recordings, and his own future musical endeavors. Read the full interview and check out the tracklist for the mix after the jump.
• Stream Bonobo’s LateNightTales cover of Donovan’s ‘Get Thy Bearings’
• Dusky reach number one in Beatport chart
• Check Out a New Mix from Brenmar
• Hear a new set from Kaskade: “Think Vegas can’t go deep?”
• Watch Flume‘s new “Insane” video
• Dusky Details New EP for Aus
• Watch a New Video from Mount Kimbie
• Boys Noize: “Big production is tiring – it’s not about the music”
• Dusky are off to USA for tour in September
• Jeff Mills Announces The Jungle Planet Album On Black USB Cube
• UK garage’s greatest DJ, DJ EZ, mixes FabricLive 71: full details inside
As we lie in the heart of summer, BONES brings us the 4th installment of THE DEEP END, another refreshing hour of the underground to quench the heat of the season. Featuring new and classic tracks from the likes of SBTRKT, Torren Foot, Hot Since 82, Justin Martin & Eats Everything, Dusky, MK, Pleasurekraft, Mark Starr, Louie Fresco, and many more…
TRACK LISTING HERE
*Don’t miss BONES @ HARD Summer Music Festival, performing Saturday (Aug 3) on the SUMMER STAGE and Sunday (Aug 4) on the MAIN STAGE!
While the commercial dance music sound seems to still be sweeping across the United States like a swarm of locusts, there is an unbelievable amount of tasteful House, Garage, and Bass coming out of the UK, more specifically London, at the moment. Duke Dumont, Bicep, George Fitzgerald, and Dusky should ring a few bells, and there’s a new duo that needs to be included on this list, and they go by the name of Toyboy & Robin. With a solid foot in the House realm, another foot in Bass, and an elbow in R&B, Toyboy & Robin have created a perfect equilibrium of their sound — catchy, grooving, and undeniably danceable. On that note, the gents have put together an impeccable mix for us today, featuring the aforementioned Londoners as well as Nicolas Jaar, Toro y Moi, Todd Edwards, and many more. One of the better mixes I’ve heard in a long time. Make sure to keep an ear out for Toyboy & Robin’s April release “Jaded” in here as well. Top tune. √+