• Function, Roman Flügel, Bonobo, and Autechre Head up Decibel 2015
• DIRTYBIRD Campout Announces Partnership with Do LaB for October 2-4 Festival
• Hear Rare DJ Tennis Rework of Caribou’s “Mars”
• Royal Delivers Latest Tune, “Queen of France”
• Flume, SBTRKT, Tycho and RL Grime join over 100 other artists for Do LaB’s Lightning in a Bottle 10th anniversary festival
• The Well x DIRTYBIRD Release Limited Edition Basics Collaboration T-Shirt for Pop-Up Shop Event, & Reveal Lineup for the Afterparty This Sunday
• Daft Punk’s Guy-Manuel De Homem-Christo Has Made Music For New Mike Tyson Film
• Tom Demac Preps New EP for Aus
• Glastonbury reveals 2013 lineup
• Go behind the scenes on Justice‘s world tour
• The Do LaB Presents the Magic of The Great Convergence; The Polish Ambassador, Papadosio, and Thriftworks in LA Tonight
• Visionquest Thirteen hits the road
• Kompakt to release classical reworkings of Michael Mayer, Gui Boratto, and more
• Fatboy Slim set to be first ever DJ to play the House Of Commons
• Lucidity Festival Releases 2013 Lineup
• TNGHT Plot New Tour
• The Do LaB presents Photek, Unlimited Gravity, Electric Dandelion
• Locked Groove to Drop Two-Part EP for Hotflush, Shares First Single
• Movement 2013, Detroit Electronic Music Festival, Phase 1 Lineup Revealed
• Southern California’s Lightning in a Bottle Arts and Music Festival Announces New Location and New Dates!
• Sound Nightclub announces February parties
• Emancipator releases Dusk To Dawn album
• John Dahlbäck launches his North American tour this weekend and readies new single “Life (Diamonds in the Dark)”
Ladies and Gentlemen, Street Ritual and Critical Beats have teamed up to start a four part release campaign to raise money and donations to benefit the Amazon Rainforest. The campaign releases 2-4 tracks at a time over the course of both Spring and Summer of 2011. Proceeds from the tracks will be going to RAN (Rainforest Action Network), with a goal of providing significant funds for Rainforest Preservation in the Amazon. All the heavy-hitters from Street Ritual, Critical Beats and the Do Lab will be creating hype for each track, with a goal of raising significant funds for rainforest preservation. With that said, the campaign has started out massively, with its first release being Knowa Knowone‘s new track, Amazon Secrets.
Then man behind Amazon Secrets, Knowa Knowone was nice enough to chat with me briefly about both this unique campaign and his new track.
Here’s how it all played out…
GDD: First off, thanks so much for taking the time to talk with us about both your music and this amazing project that you have taken part in.
Knowa Knowone: No problem, thank you!
GDD: What do you hope to accomplish with this release campaign?