• Swedish House Mafia announce support for Masquerade Motel
• Eats Everything has equipment and “years worth of work” stolen at DJ Mag Awards
• Boiler Room is coming to Australia
• Lee Burridge finishes the year in the US
• Fabric Launches New Houndstooth Label
Tag Archives: dj mag
This December, you’ll be gearing up for the holidays, going on ski trips, and most importantly, reading year-end reviews from blogs and other online publications. My prediction is that atop all of the ‘Tastemakers’ lists for best songs of 2011, Oliver $‘s ‘Doin’ Ya Thang’ will hold its place just as it did on Beatport for multiple months. If the Berlin-based producer was not well-known from his multiple releases on Made To Play, Play It Down, and Wearhouse, he certainly picked up a lot of attention from his vocal sample masterpiece released last April. Now, the groovemeister is touring 4 continents for the rest of the year, working on a debut album out on Made To Play early next year, and helping out Justin Martin in the studio for his album due out on dirtybird. He’s a busy guy, and most recently, he’s made a fantastic mix for DJ Mag that includes some top tier producers and he’s given us the preview to his newest release, ‘Granulated Soul.’
1. Gene Siewing – ‘You Not a DJ’ Off Recordings
2. Oliver $ – ‘Doin’ Ya Thang (Jamie Shaw Edit)’ CDR
3. Eats Everything – ‘Entrance Song’ Pets
4. Phil Weeks – ‘We the Brand’ Robsoul
5. Lunatic – ‘Best Intentions (Dustin Zahns gone old school mix)’ Kassette
6. Mark Fanciulli – ‘The Tide (Joris Voorn Edit)’ Rejected
7. M.in – ‘Lord Teach Me House’ Trapez LTD
8. Jan Driver – ‘Wobbelkow Ausbau’ Grand Petrol
9. Amir – ‘Pop Shop’ Bouq
10. &ME – ‘Empire State’ Keine Musik
11. Memoryman – ‘Higer’ Re-Vox
12. Daniel Steinberg -‘Feeling’ Arms & Legs
13. Moodyman – ‘Freaky MF (Catz´n Dogs Edit)’ CDR
14. Homework – ‘Rally Racket Club (Oliver $ Remix)’
15. Eats Everything & Worthy – ‘Tric Tac’ Dirtybird
16. Justin Martin & Ardalan – ‘Lezgo’ Dirtybird
If you have been festival bound this summer then chances are you’ve seen our boys Dada Life destroying stages with the high energy DJ sets they’re known for. They have been on a massive US tour for the past few months and haven’t stopped for anything (example: they literally played 4 different gigs in 3 cities in 24 hours). One of the best things about seeing the Dada live is the surprises they always have in their infamous bootlegs, the GUERILLA FART series. Now, if you’ve done your homework and have paid attention to the new tunes they’ve been dropping in their sets, you would notice some new versions they’ve beefed up and squeezed out (Sausage Fattener, anyone?) with that infamous Dada noise. Today, they’ve given us the exclusive release of their newest ‘Guerilla Fart #12,’ a festival bootleg of Laidback Luke & Steve Aoki’s ‘Turbulence’ smashed with the silly classic Rednex anthem ‘Cotton-Eyed Joe.’ This has been a huge party break track in their sets and went off huge at this year’s Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas. Enjoy it now for your own sets or just for that party playlist!
*Download others in the GUERILLA FART series HERE!
VOTE FOR DADA!
Don’t forget to Vote for DADA Life in this years DJ MAG TOP 100 – you know you love them more than anything. But don’t just take our word for it, listen to what the boys has to say themselves (hilarious).
Italian-born, London-based DJ/producer, Solo, has garnered much attention from House and Tech House music lovers in the past 3 years, including Claude VonStroke, who picked up Solo to his Dirtybird label in 2009 after hearing Solo’s get-on-the-map track, Congaloid. Since then, the band member turned electronic producer has also been signed to Deadfish, remixed the likes of Underworld, Depeche Mode, and Wiley, and was commissioned for the DJ Mag Mix last month. Can’t wait to hear more from this one.
Solo – Midgets Go Deep
Agaric – Who Made Up The Rules (Josh Wink Remix)
Hector Couto – Creampie
TradeMarq – Dirty Girls (DC Bonus Pass)
Housewerk – Clockwerk
Mousse T – Join (Butch Remix)
J.Bora Malohman – Jazz Extender
Big Black Boot – Vibrate 2011 (Zoltan Kontes Rmx)
Solo – Strawberry Swing
C. Silco, S. Lafonte – Tresenraya
Dennis Ferrer- Hey Hey (Atjazz Remix)
Last Wednesday I was lucky enough to attend DJMag‘s Top 100 DJs award ceremony at London’s highly acclaimed Ministry of Sound. I’ve never seen a club so rammed, as thousands flooded the streets, in line to catch sets from some of the world’s top acts. Afrojack opened up the second room, with a pretty tight two hour dutch house set, but the vast majority were there to find out who’d be crowned the world’s number 1 DJ. Armin Van Buuren received the award for the fourth time in consecutive years, as several hundred in the club appeared to groan at the lack of change.