(Pictured: Dixon with Phonon SMB-02’s)
Whether you’re a casual music listener, professional producer/DJ, or audiophile, you probably hold headphones as one of your most essential items in life. Regardless of whatever type of headphone user you may be, we can all agree that sound quality is of the utmost importance, in addition to build quality for a lasting product. Over the past 5 years, Japan’s Phonon has offered headphones that have been created with those ideals at the forefront of their development. When top professional veteran audiophiles joined with Isao Kumano, a highly respected sound and mastering engineer, Alex Prat aka DJ Alex from Tokyo, Kumano’s partner in the music production team Tokyo Black Star, and Yusuke Uchiyama aka no milk, a producer and audio technician, the Phonon brand was born in an effort to truly convey music’s imagination.
Phonon’s innovative and professional equipment, such as their flagship headphones, the SMB-02 and 4000 models, did not come easy, as the development and production has taken decades of research, dedication, and high-level experience in the audio field and industry. It’s clear that their efforts are greatly appreciated and worthwhile with artists like Dixon, Âme, John Digweed, Jeff Mills, DJ Harvey, Laurent Garnier, John Talabot, Gerd Janson, and more supporting their headphones.
We were given the opportunity to give the SMB-02 and 4000 models a test drive, and we’ve been thoroughly impressed to say the least. Read on for why exactly we now prefer Phonon for studio and DJ use, and see how you can get 10% off of your order, just in time for the holidays.
• Caribou Wins Essential Mix of the Year
• Dixon Posts Our Wilderness mix
• Watch how Fatboy Slim created his crossover smash, “The Rockafeller Skank”
From the vibe-heavy deep house to the anonymous black & white branding, TÂCHES has become easily recognizable as an artist, both aurally and visually. With a steady flow of originals and eclectic remixes like the latest for Wet (listen after the jump!), TÂCHES seems to consistently hold a place in the internet’s spotlight, always gaining support across the blogosphere and beyond. Without further ado, we’re proud to present this blissful guest mix that features everything from Teen Daze to Dixon.
Tracklist after the jump…
• A-Trak collaborates with Cam’ron, drops new Duck Sauce EP
• Guy Gerber to launch new label with Dixon collab
• Sampha uploads six early productions for cancer charity
• Diplo and Skrillex debut new Jack U project
• Listen: Dixon steps up for consummate Essential Mix
• Check Out a New Tune from SBTRKT
• Four Tet uploads new track “Parallel Jalebi”
• Vitalic Shares New Single, Album Details, Dates
• Summafieldayze 2013 lineup
• Psychemagik announce ‘Magik Circles’ Compilation
• Dixon heads West
• Track of the day: [Deep House] Climbers – Make My Body Move (Original Mix)
For the late afternoon starts to the late nights to the early mornings– here’s what gets us up, gets us going, gets us through the deepest of LA weekends.
GDD™ SPOTHEADS.005 (18 track Spotify playlist, 2 hours)