Those who were fortunate enough to catch Disclosure on tour last year might remember rising hip-hop star Vic Mensa, who landed the task of opening for the then budding production duo. As the come up became real with the Disclosure boys, Vic Mensa rapidly cranked out his own productions, keeping his candle burning closely and similarly to his tour mates. Now that the tour has concluded, Vic has taken the time to release a freestyle to the tune of “When A Fire Starts To Burn” that turns the track into a full on blaze. With no signs of cooling off, it would be advantageous to keep Vic close on your radar.
Tag Archives: disclosure
Here’s how to absolutely nail it: take everyone’s favorite Outkast songs, cover them (beautifully) over a a beat that sounds more Disclosure than Disclosure themselves, throw in plenty of pitch play, blast out, set blogs aflame.
Z, you hereby have my co-sign. Whoever you are.
Is it Disclosure trolling us by putting out something so Disclosurey? Does this mean that they will be performing with not only Mary J. Blige but also with Outkast at Coachella? In The Pyramid? Do I know who Z is?
As we put the cork in the sweet bottle that was 2013, dance music can toast to the New Year after having one of her finest years yet. Dance music has been stuck into the mainstream vein like never before, and the subsequent resurgence to underground sounds have been thriving across the globe. From the deserts to the beaches, festivals both new and old continue to pack sold out audiences, and there are no signs of slowing.
On behalf of the GDD™ collective, we’d like to say thanks for riding along with us. Whether you were with us from the beginning, or have only recently stumbled across our page, we’re honored to share our taste in music with you. We’ve humbly amassed a year’s worth of tunes and tallied up our favorite DJs and producers. This has certainly been the most difficult year for selections due to the awesome amount of great tunes that dropped, which is why most of the categories have expanded. It warms our hearts to see a host of our friends in the running this year, as well as all the fresh faces that broke through with massive years.
We hope that 2013 was a prosperous one for you, and we bid you all a Happy New Year.
• Stream Burial‘s New ‘Rival Dealer’ EP
• Disclosure to release remix album featuring DJ Premier, Larry Heard and more
• Riva Starr Announces ‘Eat Sleep Rave Repeat’ Tour
• Movement Festival Detroit announces phase 1 artist lineup
• Underworld recruited by Volkswagen to build “intuitive” music software for drivers
• Disclosure and Loco Dice headline Hideout 2014
• What So Not: “Dance Music Is Going To Move Back To A Live Concept”
• Julio Bashmore, Disclosure, and More Feature in New PMR Documentary
• Kerri Chandler mixes Watergate 15
• Watch Darkside Perform “Metatron” and “Freak, Go Home” at Pitchfork Music Festival Paris
• Rejoice, Gesaffelstein‘s debut album is finally here
• Disclosure unveil brand new track, ‘Apollo’
• French Express announce North American tour
• YouTube Close to Launching Subscription Music Service (Breaking)
• Young Turks to release 12″ of Sampha and The XX
• Listen to H.O.S.H.‘s essential mix
• Disclosure explain removal of ‘Help Me Lose My Mind’ video: “We’re not about glamorizing drugs”
• Project: Mooncircle Readies New Compilation
• Flosstradamus do a Reddit AMA, say they’re bigger than Yeezus
• Disclosure’s ‘Help Me Lose My Mind’ video pulled
• bassAware Holster creates soul-shaking dance party that only YOU can hear and feel
• Shazam reveals Ibiza’s most-searched tracks of the summer
The wait is over! Prep School Recordings has released today the debut EP from The Supertraxxe, the much anticipated 4-track release that crosses boundaries from Disclosure to Justice to Oliver and back again. The Supertraxxe’s funk-infused take on indie dance is fresh and infectious, pairing classic disco elements with modern synth grit. Get into the groove and see for yourself… support this young guns!