• Felix Da Housecat: “The scene has been used and abused”
• Empire of the Sun return with new album ‘Ice On A Dune’
• From Brodinski to Beyer, Carl Cox names his Ibiza recruits
• Flying Lotus Announces Spring Tour Dates
• Breach Preps EP for Dirtybird
Tag Archives: dirtybird
dirtybird is back once again to take the reins of Avalon Hollywood’s Friday night weekly, CONTROL. This time, Justin Martin takes the role of headliner, with labelmates Worthy and J.Phlip providing opening and closing sets, respectively. Always a good time when the birds come to town, so don’t miss out on this one.
Please email names to RSVP@gottadancedirty.com to be on our discount guestlist for the evening. All names must be submitted before 5:30PM on Friday.
$15 before 11PM Continue Reading
2013 is shaping up to be a prospering year for 808s and ‘booty-tech’ basslines. The forefront label leading the charge Dirtybird walks hand in hand with their own Worthy‘s label Anabatic, casting light on fresh talent for the movement. Just released on Anabatic, Venice Beach native Ruff Hauser made his debut with his heavily supported Paul Bunyan EP featuring 3 hypnotizing tracks that are gaining some huge traction on their own. With the full dirtybird crew in favor, Ruff Hauser is giving away his own version of Justin Martin‘s “Ruff Stuff”, a personal VIP ‘Re-Ruff’ that strengthens the best samples from the original into its own jackin’ product. Grab it below, and pick up his new Paul Bunyan EP out now!
Justin Martin-Ruff Stuff(Ruff Hauser Ruffed Up Rework) by RUFF HAUSER
• Coachella 2013 lineup revealed
• Ultra Music Festival Phase 2
• Crosstown Rebels Celebrates 10 Years with Global Tour
• Claude VonStroke, Justin Martin, Eats Everything, and More to Appear on ‘Dirtybird Players’
• Maor Levi Releases His Remix of The Killers
• Massive Attack announce live collaboration with documentary maker Adam Curtis
The Florida resident and very promising Dirtybird talent, Mark Starr, comes through with an excellent guest mix that’ll put your cranked up subwoofers to work. Upon listening, you’ll find that he included an eclectic array of his own originals, special edits, and of course some other infectiously groovy tracks to round out the booty bass masterpiece. With two forthcoming remixes of Kill Frenzy’s “Booty Clap” due out on Dirtybird, as well as an original called “Rood Boy,” due out on the Dirtybird Players Club compilation this year, Mark Starr certainly has quite a bit to look forward to this year as a fresh face on the scene. Don’t sleep on this one.
TRACKLIST AFTER THE JUMP
Kicking off our guest mix series in 2013, we have the pleasure of hosting a GDD™ favorite, Ardalan, who currently resides in the beautiful city of San Francisco. With numerous floor filler tracks out on prominent labels such as dirtybird, he has consistently shown his prowess and raw artistic ability in the studio. Ardalan’s musical talent certainly carries over when he’s behind the decks, and this guest mix (recorded live) showcases his impressive DJ capabilities and exquisite taste for booty shakin’ beats. Be prepared for an hour of enlightening grooves that serve as a foundation for his sound for the rest of the year.
TRACKLIST AFTER THE JUMP
• Dirtybird takeover Radio 1
• Major Lazer release album teaser
• Salva Announces New EP, North American Tour
• Marquee Las Vegas New Year’s Eve
• Robbie Rivera Juicy Beach Contest
A secret weapon has been revealed…
To celebrate breaking 5000 fans (totally underrated in our opinion) on facebook, Tom Flynn has given away one of his unreleased heaters “Mr. Hedgehog.” Fans of Dirtybird records and Eats Everything & Worthy’s big tune ‘Tric Trac’ will be all over this big booty bassline. Grab it for FREE below!
“Make sure you make me look like a complete wanker.” were Eats Everything’s (aka Daniel Pearce) parting words to me. Mind you, this is at a cracking warehouse party around 5AM, where he’s still bouncing around and having a (ahem) JOLLY GOOD TIME. That’s just the type of person the house producer from Bristol is. Brimming with cheeky English humor and infectious personality, it took all of half a second upon meeting him to realize this was going to be the easiest interview ever.
You can read the interview after the jump, and be sure to check out his new EP on dirtybird, and tune into his radio show on IHeartRadio every Thursday at 9PM EST.
• A-Trak dishes on new EP and Duck Sauce album
• Tiesto Recruits Bono, Calvin Harris, Diplo for AIDS Charity Compilation – Dance (Red)
• Watch Diplo, Four Tet, Nicolas Jaar, Skream, More in New Warehouse Project Documentary
• Dirtybird Presents Stuff the Bird with Claude VonStroke and Justin Jay
• Kastle Remixes Disclosure, Offers it for Free Download